What now....???

Bennyboy

Ok, on previous and closed thread i talk about my discontent about the Airbus X, many suggested a fresh install but i was against it, come on, since when you need a NEW computer/fresh install for a software??????

Still, as that plane was not working anyway on XP (crash at the end, in flight, wile loading or saving... SO ON) i installed a new copy of 7 on a new hard disk, installed FSX with with SP 1 & 2, some Aerosoft software including the Airbus X, the 777 and the Twin Otter, added Madeira and tried to start a flight with the Airbus X... computer completely shut down after 15 second............... Tried again, reboot, FSX crash when it was loading Airbus X.

Tried again, I could fly for about 1 minute and FSX crashed again, it's even worse then when I was on XP.

Booted XP and was able to fly longer but FSX crashed when i was landing......

I did what I was told: install a new/fresh copy os the OS, nothing work with that Airplane, I lost the cost of a new hard disk, a legal copy of win 7, a lot of hours.... and it's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!

I'm I stupid or what???? You tell me.

I don't really care about loosing 60$, I care about you guys doing about nothing about it. Don''t tell me I'm the only one with MAJOR problem.

I had it. It may work for some ??????????????? but not me???? tell me why, please tell me why.

An unhappy customer.

Ben

Ps.: I can fly the 777 for hours without any glitch...

Ps #2.; I went to one of my friend and begged him to install FSX on his !7, he did, SP 1&2, Airbus X.... after 1 minute in flight FSX crashed

Ok, on previous and closed thread i talk about my discontent about the Airbus X, many suggested a fresh install but i was against it, come on, since when you need a NEW computer/fresh install for a software??????

Still, as that plane was not working anyway on XP (crash at the end, in flight, wile loading or saving... SO ON) i installed a new copy of 7 on a new hard disk, installed FSX with with SP 1 & 2, some Aerosoft software including the Airbus X, the 777 and the Twin Otter, added Madeira and tried to start a flight with the Airbus X... computer completely shut down after 15 second............... Tried again, reboot, FSX crash when it was loading Airbus X.

Tried again, I could fly for about 1 minute and FSX crashed again, it's even worse then when I was on XP.

I did what I was told: install a new/fresh copy os the OS, nothing work with that Airplane, I lost the cost of a new hard disk, a legal copy of win 7, a lot of hours.... and it's NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really care about loosing 60$, I care about you guys doing about nothing about it. Don''t tell me I'm the only one with MAJOR problem.

I had it. It may work for some ??????????????? but not me???? tell me why, please tell me why.

An unhappy customer.

Ben

Ps #2.; I went to one of my friend and begged him to install FSX on his !7, he did, SP 1&2, Airbus X.... after 1 minute in flight FSX crashed

My situation is less dramatic but I do have a FSX system crash on exit of a flight with Airbus X, box version. Aerosoft believes that my computer is the problem, not the software.

Actually I do have 2 computers on which FSX is installed (my old and my new, stronger PC), both win7, and on both machines I do have the same problem with Airbus X.

Anyway. Don t count on anything here, because your computer is wrong. The 2 PC's of mine too.

The software is not the problem! The computers are. Aerosoft statement on a previous, closed thread.

My situation is less dramatic but I do have a FSX system crash on exit of a flight with Airbus X, box version. Aerosoft believes that my computer is the problem, not the software.

Actually I do have 2 computers on which FSX is installed (my old and my new, stronger PC), both win7, and on both machines I do have the same problem with Airbus X.

Anyway. Don t count on anything here, because your computer is wrong. The 2 PC's of mine too.

The software is not the problem! The computers are. Aerosoft statement on a previous, closed thread.

I hear you. If there is a hardware incompatibility please tell us/me witch! My computer is 2 years old with good component, Dual core 3.3g, ATI 4870, 4 gig ram, drivers and bios up to date. I always had good FPS with this setup with any addon including ORBX and Aerosoft I have tired again this morning and the plane wont even load?????? FSX crash. Can my downloaded copy as corrupted files??? I seem to be the only one with that kind of MAJOR problem???

petsumnets about the crash on exit, seems to be a problem whit something not stoping when get back on ground.

Now i have tryeid some test and you could try your self drive around or so and then try exit no problem. but then try to depart over 100ft and land then try shut down then the problem is there.

I thought that was pretty normal.

Why do I get the impression that you didn't do your homework and just barged in?

Of course. You didn't change anything on XP did you? so why would you expect anything to be different?

No, I think you did what you wanted to, and now you want some else to sort it out or take the blame. What exactly have you lost? Did someone take your hard disk away from you?

No comment.

If you had done any research, you would know that there are some things you have to do to install FSX on windows 7 properly. If you can tell me what they are, I will help you with the next stage. If you don't want to bother, that is fine. Ask Aerosoft nicely and they might give you your money back. If you would prefer to behave like a 12 year old with ADD, that is also fine, but I have other things to do.

• Upvote 1

I hear you. If there is a hardware incompatibility please tell us/me witch! My computer is 2 years old with good component, Dual core 3.3g, ATI 4870, 4 gig ram, drivers and bios up to date. I always had good FPS with this setup with any addon including ORBX and Aerosoft I have tired again this morning and the plane wont even load?????? FSX crash. Can my downloaded copy as corrupted files??? I seem to be the only one with that kind of MAJOR problem???

I don't believe it is hardware. Then there would be more trouble out there.

No, it must be something different, maybe a conflict with other addons that make Airbus X cause all those crashes.

This is a way too complex and complicated for me to understand. I am a flight simmer, not a computer expert. I want to download, install and fly that plane. If I need to KNOW and ALTER things within cfg's or other specific things I don't understand, then there is something wrong with the software Airbus X itself. I do have all FSDT softwares, 15 different aerosoft softwares, Tampa software, Mega scenery software, PMDG's, Carenado's, CLS, etc... installed. All works fine. No conflict. No cfg's to alter, or whatever.

Only Airbus X doesn't work properly.

But again: Aerosoft only refers to your computer. WHAT is wrong, they don't know, of course, as they can't see inside the machine.

But I believe that in your or in my case, there should be found a solution: if it is not to be found within FSX, then it should be found on a different way. Refund? Another software with discount? Something.

I spent hundreds and hundreds of Euros for Aerosoft products, but now, as I have a problem with one of them, they only say: your computer is the root of all evil.

But all that Aerosoft does is closing your thread, saying that these subjects all have been discussed already!!

petsumnets about the crash on exit, seems to be a problem whit something not stoping when get back on ground.

Now i have tryeid some test and you could try your self drive around or so and then try exit no problem. but then try to depart over 100ft and land then try shut down then the problem is there.

Actually, I spent 40 EUR for this, so there shouldn't be any problem at all. I don't have the time to "try" all kind of things that MAYBE could be an answer.

We paid Aerosoft for this job! But they just say: your computer is the problem!

Thanks for your input anyway!

Hello Ben,

At any time have you proceed to try the Out of Memory error fix that can actually happen without telling you its a OOM and just crash.

If you version of XP is a 32 bit system then you may want to try it, you can find it here.

Thanks Shaun, at least YOU are always available.

Question: If I follow the instruction of the link above, that mean I have to un-install FSX, addon, SP1 and 2? what about a second license validation in a row (did it 3 days ago)? Will FSX validate again?

The win7 install is fresh, there is nothing else install on it other than FSX, I have the deluxe version and not acceleration, I have SP1 and 2 downloaded 1.5 years ago, are they still good?

I have an expensive 3G connection at home so those download can be costly.

I didn't know about the FSX install procedure for win7, so I did it the wrong way (I guess), installed FSX and both SP at once. I also installed a few of your scenery addon, do I have to un install them, before or after I erase FSX.

I mean I need an un-install procedure now. Or should I just format the partition all together and start again. but again, will my win7 copy validate online after 3 days? I bought the ENTERPRISE one, so it goes into the company expense :-)

I forgot one question, what about drivers, Win7 is way more advance on this subject, it does find all correct drivers for all component including the video card, still, I downloaded the ATI driver. But for the rest, I have used the Win7 driver, even for the Saitec X52, Win7 also had a patch for this one.

I'm willing to give it another shot.

OK, edited again, the link above is for XP or Win7, now I'm lost again.

Ben

You do not need to change Windows 7, but... from the link Shaun gave,

It is VERY important that you heed this install method. You can not install FSX patches back to back without first booting FSX and its default flight, then close the sim, reboot the computer and install the next patch.

The second really, really useful thing to remember when installing FSX on any OS since XP is to not install in the default location. Windows (Vista and XP) expects the "Program Files" location to be for programs only, and anything attempting to change files in that directory is probably up to no good and the UAC will try to keep you safe. FSX, being an older program, likes to change files in the location where it has been installed, so if you install it in a directory called \Flight or similar, then you wont have any problems with the UAC.

Edit: The link is for FSX. It has bits that talk about both XP and Windows 7.

You do not need to change Windows 7, but... from the link Shaun gave,

The second really, really useful thing to remember when installing FSX on any OS since XP is to not install in the default location. Windows (Vista and XP) expects the "Program Files" location to be for programs only, and anything attempting to change files in that directory is probably up to no good and the UAC will try to keep you safe. FSX, being an older program, likes to change files in the location where it has been installed, so if you install it in a directory called \Flight or similar, then you wont have any problems with the UAC.

Edit: The link is for FSX. It has bits that talk about both XP and Windows 7.

Ok, so I have to create a folder (EX: C:/flight ) and install FSX in it? Same for the addon I guess?

By the way Paul, i'm no kid at 44. I'm a casual simmer, not a hard core one, same for computer stuff. I was waiting for that plane for that exact reason, design for casual simmer with good FPS.

It is shocking that this product is not perfect or at least (in my case) working partially. First the throttle problem, the crash at exit and in my case, well, it never really work for more then a few minutes.

I have a hard time understanding why the Airbus X is so different then any other product, yess my 777 as small issue but nothing that bad. The Twin Otter is simply perfect. i don't have other Addon plane. All other addon are sceneries. No problem what so ever.

So I'm willing to try one last time with all those setting (above info), after that, well I think I will abandon the Airbus X.

I would have thought that at 44, you would be more realistic. The more you expect perfection in life, the more you will be disappointed. In fairness the Otter, while beautifully formed, is small and simple and the 777 is not exactly a detailed sim either, so between them, there is not a lot left to go wrong. None the less, both have plenty of issues even if they do not affect you personally as badly. In this, the Airbus is no different.

I accept you are just a casual simmer and expect things to "just work", but fair is fair, the way you installed FSX none of your other addons would have worked either, and that is not Aerosofts fault, is it? The crash at exit is a nuisance and looks unprofessional, but it is not that serious since you were exiting anyway. The throttle issue is a funny one. It never affected me and perhaps I am wrong to not think it important, but you only touch the throttle three times in a flight. 1) move to FLX to take off, 2) pull back to CL, 3) move to 0 just before you crash on exit. ;)

If you do abandon the Airbus, I will completly understand, but you will be missing out on what has to be the prettiest simulation FSX has ever seen.

Hello Ben,

All I wanted you to do was the OOM fix on that page, nothing more nothing less.

Lets keep it basic for the time being.

Hi Shaun, I'm running Win7 now... does this fix apply to win 7?

I will try it on XP

Ben

Hi all, sorry to say but after trying all your suggestions... nothing work. I spent all day trying a lot of stuff and the plane make my computer crash after about 10 sec into the flight.

I must be doing something wrong but I'm just tired of trying. I don't know what to do no more. All that was tried on Win7.

I had a nice flight with the 777, a good 90 minutes without a glitch. I can load the Airbus X, it crash the computer after less then 30 sec.

I don't get it.

If you say that this product should work, well I believe you, it must be me or my computer.

Adios Airbus X, sadly I have to say.

Ben

Hi Ben

Have you tryeid that Shaun said go to the link and do this (note copy from the topic):

1. Open a command prompt with Administration rights. You find the command prompt box under "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt"

2. Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator".

3. Enter in the box at the prompt: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560

link on how to do --Note-- use the 2560 and not what i used in film as it was a demo.

if it stil crash use lower then 2560 have a look on the link shaun gave. look under Vista as same for Win 7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try it but dont think it solve all problems. as my pc is also able to crash at startup if you dont select things in 1 order, and at shut down as said before, even whit the lowest variable from the topic it crash.

that have nothing to do whit your pc it could be an expensive but stil crash. you can run every think els whit out problems i can too and many others. I have tested whit newer software of what is required but dosent help as

it isent the problem. because if i just remove the MCDU from the plane folder or the gps file in the module folder, it stops crashing. like if i dont get off the ground im able to exit whit out doeing any thing, but after a take off it crash.

Finally, a full 60 minute flight.... Don't ask me how I did it but was able to do it again and again.

Problem found: Hardware, my computer crash if I have 3 or 4 gig or RAM, XP and Win7, not always???

Back to 2 and stable? Good FPS also, anything between 20-60.

The good and the bad:

Saitek X52 Pro work fine but not if I plug the rudder pedal.

CAN save game but CAN'T load them (FSX crash) (Airbus X only), that is a bit sad to not being able to load save game.

Crash at exit, all the time, no big deal.

On landing, I can't pull up like I want to (flair), must be a Airbus thing?

Airplane is beautiful, look like it's fun to fly, FPS are fine even on Win7 and 2 gig of RAM.

Flight was at Madeira at 2560 x 1600 (30 in monitor) FPS unlimited. FPS doesn't change much a lower screen resolution.

I will now try with XP. OOM fix done with XP.

Ben

CAN save game but CAN'T load them (FSX crash) (Airbus X only), that is a bit sad to not being able to load save game.

Try adding:

DisablePreload=1

to the [MAIN] section in the FSX.cfg