Weekly Challenge Winners Announced

Matt_Smith

Well I hope you all thought that was fun, I know I had fun flying it. So down to the nitty gritty, who won? Well no-one got a perfect ten, but I did mark hard but fair. There would seem to be slight diferences between our setups so Ive taken that all into account.

So in first place with a most impressive score of 8 is Andreas W! Well done

Second place is {Komodo} Mac with avery respectable score of 6 - Well done

I will be in contact with the winners inscructing them how to claim their prizes between monday and wednesday. A new challenge will follow on Wednesday which will be the penultimate challenge prior to the kick of of the ultimate challenge of all time ;)

So now Im guessing you want to know my answers lol

The Questions

1. What is your MSA for overhead the KPT VOR and for the final leg of your trip? (3 points) 3600'

2. What airfield are you abeam of at approximately 85DME KPT and whats its elevation? (1 point) LIPB Bolanzo 787'

3. What are you above at grid ref N45 26' 30" E12 19' 40"? (1 point) Venice

4. Assuming the Quadrantal rule what altitudes should you be at when flying 086 deg mag? Remember to take into account your MSA (3 points) 3500'

5. What is the nearest VOR to your destination, whats its frequencey and distance from your destination? (2 points) RCH - 114.2 - 22.1nm

Total points available 10.

Good luck all

Well what an outstanding challenge, well thought out route, great questions, and some reading required to learn all about MSA's and the such like blink.gif what a challenge indeed.

I took plenty of screenies of the cockpit and instruments for Mat to scrutinize, and a go at the questions asked, I am sure we will know the outcome once Mat has finished laughing at the answers.......sorry I mean marking the answers, but in the meantime here are a few screenies (without giving the game away) of the "Nice" shots taken on a wonderful journey.

Well done again Matt, outstanding!!!!!wink.gif

I hope you all enjoy them.

Best regards

Mac

post-38392-0-71720700-1298583658_thumb.j

post-38392-0-04840300-1298583675_thumb.j

post-38392-0-32380900-1298583704_thumb.j

post-38392-0-91321100-1298583739_thumb.j

post-38392-0-59960200-1298583772_thumb.j

post-38392-0-99600600-1298583835_thumb.j

post-38392-0-98280800-1298583869_thumb.j

post-38392-0-92551800-1298583897_thumb.j

post-38392-0-29281400-1298583950_thumb.j

post-38392-0-37347300-1298583978_thumb.j

Well what an outstanding challenge, well thought out route, great questions, and some reading required to learn all about MSA's and the such like blink.gif what a challenge indeed.

I took plenty of screenies of the cockpit and instruments for Mat to scrutinize, and a go at the questions asked, I am sure we will know the outcome once Mat has finished laughing at the answers.......sorry I mean marking the answers, but in the meantime here are a few screenies (without giving the game away) of the "Nice" shots taken on a wonderful journey.

Well done again Matt, outstanding!!!!!wink.gif

I hope you all enjoy them.

Best regards

Mac

Mac.

Wonderful pics there. smile.gif You seemed to enjoy yourself to the max, and you took the pictures to prove it. Great. But I see that you still have the Christmas Tree. We got a file that takes care of it - now the holiday seasons are long gone, You can find the file HERE Although some of us have given the tree Cult status, and refuse to delete it.. laugh.gif. choice is yours, but the tree was meant to go away after Christmas. wink.gif

It was great fun.........I will of course, include my log file below, sorry guys, forgot that one!

As for the X-mas tree, I read up on the forums and saw the exclude flie....but love the tree my friends..........she stays on my scenery!!!!laugh.gif

Matt: I am just about to send e-mail, has 10 meg of photos which may seem like over kill but wanted to show all of the instruments on each leg with nav frequencies. Sorry, no DME as I turn it off in the otter for frames gain and use saitek freqency panel for DME.

I hope I have not cocked it up completely with the answers, if nothing else, it will keep Matt amused!

Best regards

Mac

post-38392-0-75883200-1298588106_thumb.j

Just re-looking at the rules and it states 10 points max......I count 11 laugh.gif. Must have been a late Finnish for Matty that night!!! Just thought you would like to know.

BR

Mac

:blush::lol: Corrected

Hey Matt,

thanks for this awesome challenge! i had a lot of fun to fly.

A Challenge is for me something like a school-flight. So i choose my favourite school-aircraft. The Beech F33A.

You can fly VFR and IFR with her. She also has enough power to fly over the alps. AND... she's also small enough for my hangar :rolleyes:

so, here are my pics of this flight:

Home sweet home:

1_Home.jpg

Taking off

2_TO.jpg

Just airborne, now flying the SID direct KPT VOR

3.jpg

After KPT on Radial 153 approaching the alps. To the left on our 10 o'clock position is Andras Field.

5_KPT_R153_Abeam_EAFS.jpg

DME 85 KPT-VOR

6_LIPB_KPT-DME85.jpg

DME 85 KPT-VOR

7_LIPB_KPT-DME85.jpg

after 48nm on Radial 340 VIC-VOR

9_TURN_DCT-GRID_REF.jpg

Approaching the grid ref

10_Near_GRID-REF.jpg

11_Near_GRID-REF.jpg

Approaching the airport after the final leg

12_APP_LJPZ.jpg

13_Final_LJPZ.jpg

14_Ramp_LJPZ.jpg

And here my Logbook. Unfortunately, only a few entries, I recently had to reinstall my computer:

15_Logbook.jpg

i don't remember where, some days ago i read this statement: flying with reason makes more fun! :blush:

so, more of these challenges are warmly welcome, though prices are always welcome. :D

Well Andreas - since this is my mantra, and I did post it somewhere during the last week (can´t remember where) - it was probably me.wink.gif

Ole

Well Andreas - since this is my mantra, and I did post it somewhere during the last week (can´t remember where) - it was probably me.wink.gif

Ole

Yep, and in "my" post regarding my re-enactment of the 1934 London-Melbourne Airrace in a DC-2.

Oh, I'm in Aleppo now, about 1/3 of the total I guess. biggrin.gif

Nice Pics there buddy, nice to know I was in the same places as you, looking at both sets of photos, I can't have gone too far off the beaten trailhuh.gif

Great work sir!

I look forward to more challenges!

BR

Mac

P.S Screenie of the field!!!

post-38392-0-20970800-1298894029_thumb.j

Here are my pics for the competition :)

comp1we.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3m.jpg

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg

comp6.jpg

comp7.jpg

comp8.jpg

comp9l.jpg

comp10.jpg

Reminds me of St. Barth this approach

comp11.jpg

comp12.jpg

comp13.jpg

comp14.jpg

comp15h.jpg

comp16.jpg

logl.jpg

I flew in summer hence the date :blush:

Another great challenge Matt, enjoyed much, gracias senor ;)

Yieehaaa! I'm so happy like a funky chick *lol :funkychick_s:

Thanks a lot Matt and Aerosoft!

:ididit_s::boingy_s::dancing_s::excellenttext_s::bow_down2_s::clap_s::groupwave_s::grouprespect_s:

now, after all smileys and me has said "Thank You", let's go to the pub and drink a lot of beer. The bill is on me!

Well done to all that took part, a great challenge. Top job Andreas it would seem that your skills are far better than mine!biggrin.gif

Thank you for the challenge Matt and thanks to all at aerosoft for the prizes.

Well if Andreas is getting the beers in, I will get the flaming sabuka's on the go!!!

BR

Mac