Sunday Quiz

It's a german Junkers JU 87 "Stuka"

It was used as a dive bomber in the second world war. It was build from 1937 until 1944. All in all 5.752 of these aircraft were build.

The first use of this aircraft was in the "Legion Condor" of the german "Luftwaffe" during the spanish civil war.

Here's a full pic of the airplane:

Ju_87D-1.jpg

(Please don't mind about the sign on the rudder, all of those Ju 87 have that on it, so there woun't be a pic from one without)

Is this a Hamilcar Mark 1? It was a military glider designed to transport heavy vehicles like tanks.

They were used during D-day and market garden, but seeing as they were large and slow, they were vulnerable to AA fire. Their weight was so great that unlike the Horsa, which could be towed by a modest sized aircraft such as a DC-3 (or C-47), the Hamilcar had to be towed by medium to heavy bombers such as the Whitley or the Halifax.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Aircraft_Hamilcar

http://en.wikipedia....2_locust_06.jpg

I´m pretty sure it´s a General Aircraft GAL 56 flying wing glider.

Got this photo here...

It was designed for two people, first flew in 1944. The test pilot Robert Kronfeld was killed in one which stalled and crashed. Had a maximum diving speed of 200 mp/h... 13.8m wingspan, lenght 5.7m...

Got this photo here...

It was designed for two people, first flew in 1944. The test pilot Robert Kronfeld was killed in one which stalled and crashed. Had a maximum diving speed of 200 mp/h... 13.8m wingspan, lenght 5.7m...

Yep, seems you're right, that's really the photo Shaun has postet above.

Got this photo here...

Hello Lennart,

I have to say did you have Googled every black and white photo on the net :)

Anyway I believe you know how to claim your download prize.

Yes, I know how to get it, will order the Huey right now! Thank you!

Actually it came up pretty fast after searching for other General Aircraft designs, got to thank Chris for giving the direction of General Aircraft, the cabin was pretty similar, so I thought it could be something else they built.