It's about time I visited

ChrisB

I haven't been here in months, so I thought it time to drop by and visit.

I don't know if readers are aware, but "Misty Moorings" is back for FSX and there is a whole shedload of stuff going on there that is fun and especially ideal for the Aerosoft Beaver. And despite her age, "Misty's Beaver" is performing stalwart work providing bush services in Alaska. Here's a repaint I have recently completed - I still need to do the Skis version though:

th_delivery_0.jpg th_dirtycab4.jpg th_dirtycab1.jpg th_workinggirl3.jpg

th_dirtynewSwheels1.jpg th_dirtynewTwheels1.jpg th_dirtynewSwheelsInt.jpg th_floattops.jpg

th_delivery_3.jpg th_delivery_5.jpg th_dirtynewAmphib1.jpg

And for those who don't particularly like working girls, the amphib and floats are "clean" too - for the tourists of course ;)

She really is in need of a proper rebuild in 3DSMax, apart from the need for several different paintkits (which I am compiling just for the fun of it). Needs all sorts doing to it... new rivet lines, bump maps, specs - man those specs!

BUT next to the Christen Eagle, I think I have flown the Beaver quite a lot more than many other models. I also need to rework the skins I did for the RTM version and much much more. I've loved Beavers since I worked on them in the 1970's. Horrible cranky noisy... and so full of character that you love them like toothache - you just can't stop feeling them, sticking your tongue in, grabbing the paint brushes...

There were some freeware soundfile mods too.

Just got to love that old Beaver.

P.S. I don't think you ever expected to see your leather seats (from your Elise, no) to ever get that much wear, did you. Sorry 'bout that ;)