US Cities X - Cleveland

Sasa

This is already the 7th city in this series and some people who don't know it city might ask: "Cleveland? Why Cleveland?"

Easy: For pilots Cleveland is among the most fascinating cities in the US. Unlike Chicago it still has a Lakefront Airport that is so insanely close to downtown that an approach there offers quite a lot for your eyes. Let it be the Browns Stadium, the Science Museum's wind turbine or the Lakeshore Power plant that are just a few feet from the glideslope or the stunning views at those skyscapers and many bridges crossing the Cuyahoga River.

Last but not least the Lakefront Airport is well-known for the annual Cleveland National Air Show that takes place there (see Wiki).

Of course that's not all. As with most other US Cities again we have added some more content:

• Aerial image coverage (see attached Google Earth file)
  • More than 640 major buildings included
  • 33,880 autogen objects placed realistically (still counting...)
  • Highly detailed and customized mesh terrain
  • Many detailed bridges with traffic crossing the Cuyahoga River + 2 crossing a valley along a Hokins approach
  • 4 heliports in good detail
  • Major airports in and around the city are covered with new high res ground images with customized mesh terrain (no new building structures added)
    o Burke Lakefront
    o Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
    o Cuyahoga County Airport
  • Sound effects like downtown- and highway traffic and animated gulls
  • Animated freighter AI ship
  • Traffic on most major roads
  • Bonus: Perry Nuclear Power Plant with Helipad and animated smoke that turns in wind direction (perfect landmark for VFR flights to and from "US Cities X - Niagara/Buffalo")
  • Low price, very good value for money

Please note that the screenshots show the scenery in development.

Cleveland01.jpg

Cleveland02.jpg

Cleveland03.jpg

Cleveland04.jpg

Cleveland05.jpg

Cleveland06.jpg

Cleveland07.jpg

Cleveland08.jpg

Cleveland09.jpg

Cleveland10.jpg

USCitiesX-Cleveland.kmz

• Upvote 1

Cleveland YES, now there'll finally be a quality payware scenery of an Ohio city (for that mater there'll be a scenery of Ohio,) finally. Thank you LimeSim and Aerosoft.

Excuse my happy moment with the smilies...

clapping_s.gifclapping_s.gifclapping_s.gifclap_s.gifexcellenttext_s.gifgroupwave_s.gifband_s.gif

But will this delay the antarctica project again?

Not really. I agreed with Aerosoft to finish another US City every 2-3 months while working on Antarctica all the time in between. I got a set of almost finished cities here that have been prepared last year and each just need to be made ready for release. I won't let you know which ones, but they will be released one after another. :)

Bests,

Sascha

• Upvote 1

OMG Thanks you sooo much! My hometown Born And Raise. Metro Hospital on west 25th. Glad to see my hometown on FSX, and cant wait to buy it. Its it gonna be easy on fps?????? Only Question. thanks limesim and Aerosoft!

I've never purchased this type of scenery before but this one I definitely will. I was born in Cleveland and worked for Allegheny/US Air/ US Airways at Cleveland Hopkins Airport for 24 years before being transferred to DFW. Cleveland will always be my hometown and it will be a blast to be able to fly around and be able to recognize the landmarks. Thank you.

Just to add another bit of trivia Burke Lakefront Airport is used as a circuit for Indycar races. It would be really fun if an upgrade closed the airport at the race weekend and filled the apron with motorhomes and trailers :P

Just to add another bit of trivia Burke Lakefront Airport is used as a circuit for Indycar races. It would be really fun if an upgrade closed the airport at the race weekend and filled the apron with motorhomes and trailers :P

They haven't run the race there in a few years. When the IRL and Cart merged there were overlapping races. One of them was the race in Cleveland so it was cancelled. I don't know if or when they'll resume racing at Burke Lakefront. The drivers loved the course and it was one of the few racing courses where the fans could see the entire track. NASCAR even raced there once or twice.

They haven't run the race there in a few years. When the IRL and Cart merged there were overlapping races. One of them was the race in Cleveland so it was cancelled. I don't know if or when they'll resume racing at Burke Lakefront. The drivers loved the course and it was one of the few racing courses where the fans could see the entire track. NASCAR even raced there once or twice.

True, somehow i was convinced it was part of the schedule last year, but nope (maybe Edmonton confused my memories).

They don't do any of those races anymore. Last time i seen one of thse races was back in 2005 or so. They stopped it. We only get Cleveland Air Shows now on Labor Day weekend.

Hey, anyone here familiar with the Bass Islands or Kelley's Island in Lake Erie? :rolleyes:

Bests,

Sascha

Sasha,

I know about them, but had never been to either when I lived in Ohio. Kelley's Island is a resort community and the area around Bass Island is great for sport fishing. Right now, they're most likely ice fishing up there. In March, it's not unusual for ice fishermen to be out on Lake Erie when the temperatures start to rise. Then a huge section of ice will break off with ice fishermen, their shanties, and their vehicles. The Coast Guard has to send a helicopter out to pluck them off, but their trucks. cars and shanties are lost in the Lake.

Why yes, I am.

Have flown into Kelleys and Put in Bay airports back when I did real world.

Kelleys used to have yield to aircraft signs on the road that crossed over the runway.

Now I anchor my sailboat at Put in Bay in the summer.

They would be wonderful to add in to the CLE package (which looks great!!!).

Anything I can do?

Hey, anyone here familiar with the Bass Islands or Kelley's Island in Lake Erie? :rolleyes:

Bests,

Sascha

Why yes, I am.

Have flown into Kelleys and Put in Bay airports back when I did real world.

Kelleys used to have yield to aircraft signs on the road that crossed over the runway.

Now I anchor my sailboat at Put in Bay in the summer.

They would be wonderful to add in to the CLE package (which looks great!!!).

Anything I can do?

Aardvark,

Where do you live?