Hey Oliver, have you seen this?

psolk

• Developer

Have you read this

But, here some more development is needed, as the animations of humans is very complex and the FSX integrated skin animation could not be used for AES, as there is no trigger and control possible for the sequences. But, maybe there is a way to find an alternative technology, some first test was successful, but the memory intensity is too high here, so that older PC get out of there limits maybe. We will see.

in the AES NG post?

Orbx "Peopleflow" is based on the looping untriggerable standard FSX Bone-skin-mesh animation, nothing new.

Have you read this

in the AES NG post?

Orbx "Peopleflow" is based on the looping untriggerable standard FSX Bone-skin-mesh animation, nothing new.

Thanks Oliver, didn't realize ORBX wasn't trigger activated... So you will essentially see the same thing in their scenery every time you are there in a loop? Sorry for not completely understanding the inner workings of FSX animations, I am still an FS9 guy ;)

Did think it "looked" cool though even if it wasn't trigger activated and couldn't be "called" like we do today in AES (which I could not fly without Thank You!!!)

I am guessing we both know the answer to that Lindbergh no matter how much we don't want to hear it ;)

-P

FS9 did not have a "skin-mesh-animation" in his engine.

When I found a usable solution for AES, then for Both FS versions.

Thanks Oliver, always enjoy learning new things! I think I was responding above at the same time as you...

-P

Hello Oliver,

FS9 did not have a "skin-mesh-animation" in his engine.

When I found a usable solution for AES, then for Both FS versions.

let's imagine someone is asking you to help with the human animation, but the one is saying that he will just do it for FSX - would you deny his request?

Sure, you are trying to serve both versions equally. But AES with a great animated human interface will be a milestone in flight simulation. And even being a FS9 user, THIS would be a reason for me to change totally to FSX.

Regards,

Arne

• Aerosoft

Oliver is on a trip for a few days, I am sure he will respond soon.

However, he (and us) always felt that AES should be as much as possible be the same for both sims as this makes development, testing and implementation a lot easier. So it could very well be that he decides that using such a new specific FSX feature is not for AES.

We have something like this in development for some time for our own scenery project btw.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Oliver,

let's imagine someone is asking you to help with the human animation, but the one is saying that he will just do it for FSX - would you deny his request?

Sure, you are trying to serve both versions equally. But AES with a great animated human interface will be a milestone in flight simulation. And even being a FS9 user, THIS would be a reason for me to change totally to FSX.

Regards,

Arne

You would change just because of some people walking around the aircraft? Wow, that is a bit ridiculous.