Airbus X Version 2

Finn

Only a small update....

Sorry for the lack of info.

Work is progressing on a much more detailed MCDU coded from scratch.

It will have lateral revision pages for inserting waypoints, airways, SID's and STAR's.

The autopilot and Flight By Wire system will receive an overhall too.

The time for developing all this will take some time, since it's rather complex and most of it cannot be shown by screenshots here anyway.

Posting screenshots of the new MCDU would only cause some to post bug reports about font / fontalignment issues we allready are aware of.

Apart from smaller bugfixes to the various aircraft systems (Fuel, electrical etc.) - Only visible change to the ECAM's will be the N1 readouts on the CFM engines and the addition of EPR readouts for the IAE engines.

Failures and the relevant ECAM messages / checklists will not be implementet - i.e the lower ECAM display will remain as it is right now.

I will only update progress here when something is worth telling - simply to prevent the hyperventilation we saw in the old Airbus X V1 preview forum.

Best

Finn

Finn -

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Bob Lyddy

No A330/A340/A318/A319, but this has been discussed many times.

So please check the forum before always asking the same questions. It's getting boring!

sorry cry.gif

Looking at the succes of PMDG 737NGX I hope that Aerosoft will make a similar addon in terms of simulation and graphics. Anything less will be a little disappointing. :(

• Upvote 2

I'm currently flying for the transavia VA for the 737 and sometimes Vueling for the a320. When ABX vol.2 is released I'll fly for egyptair with 2 of my favorite planes

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at the succes of PMDG 737NGX I hope that Aerosoft will make a similar addon in terms of simulation and graphics. Anything less will be a little disappointing. :(

Sorry boy , but reading this, I must say, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Have you ever asked yourself, why no other developer has built an Airbus addon with the system depth like a PMDG product? For sure you didn't!

There are some hundred lightyears between the technology of an Airbus and a Boeing. All systems in an Airbus are so deeply crosslinked with each other that you would have to do some kind of reverse engineering of a complete Airbus systemslogic. And just leaving some functions, because they can not be done in a software simulation like FSX, would result in others not working properly. And that makes it nearly impossible to build an addon that would be comparable with a PMDG Boeing 737NGX. Nobody would be willing to pay the price for such an addon, which would be far beyond the price of a PMDG 7373NGX.

But this has already been discussed many, many times.

• Upvote 5

Sorry boy , but reading this, I must say, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Have you ever asked yourself, why no other developer has built an Airbus addon with the system depth like a PMDG product? For sure you didn't!

There are some hundred lightyears between the technology of an Airbus and a Boeing. All systems in an Airbus are so deeply crosslinked with each other that you would have to do some kind of reverse engineering of a complete Airbus systemslogic. And just leaving some functions, because they can not be done in a software simulation like FSX, would result in others not working properly. And that makes it nearly impossible to build an addon that would be comparable with a PMDG Boeing 737NGX. Nobody would be willing to pay the price for such an addon, which would be far beyond the price of a PMDG 7373NGX.

But this has already been discussed many, many times.

This is one of the very few times someone in this forum seems to know what it´s all about !

Had we picked a Boeing instead of an Airbus as addon project, we would for certain had a much easier task.

Finn

@mopperle

Of course i have no clue, i`m neither a airbus ingineer nor a game developer, but after reading a few times the A320 FMC I tought it`s possbile.

@simbakater

It`s not only my expectation.

I appreciate Aerosoft for what are they doing and I hope the evolution isn`t over, or else we will remain stuck to a not very in-depth simulation for some of existing and future airliners.

@mopperle

Of course i have no clue, i`m neither a airbus ingineer nor a game developer, but after reading a few times the A320 FMC I tought it`s possbile.

@simbakater

It`s not only my expectation.

I appreciate Aerosoft for what are they doing and I hope the evolution isn`t over, or else we will remain stuck to a not very in-depth simulation for some of existing and future airliners.

Regarding the MCDU (FMC) You are right - thats also what we are working on.

But have You taken the time to look into the lower ECAM pages ?

Read through how automated and complex the fuel system or hydraulic system is ?

This You won´t see on a Boeing.

What we have done on the ECAM is ony a 50% representation. The real one has checklist and suggestions for each possible failure, guiding the pilot to how he should remedy the fault.

Like Mopperle (Otto) said - this would mean You need to backward engineer the software of the real Airbus.

Our ECAM system is still the closest thing available for FSX.

Finn

All,

Apologies for probably asking this question, which has more than likely been asked already. I only have a few minutes and this thread as 12 pages.

Do we know when the update is going to be released? i understand that its my problem as i should have looked into this before purchasing the product, I just want to know if to sell it as its sitting in its box which is pretty much a brand new game, i have only flown it a couple of times and cannot fly it online, due to the time it takes putting in the SIDs and STARs.

Thanks to everyone involved in trying to make this happen, i hope the update will be soon as everything else is perfect, and would love to keep this add-on.

Az

All,

Apologies for probably asking this question, which has more than likely been asked already. I only have a few minutes and this thread as 12 pages.

Do we know when the update is going to be released? i understand that its my problem as i should have looked into this before purchasing the product, I just want to know if to sell it as its sitting in its box which is pretty much a brand new game, i have only flown it a couple of times and cannot fly it online, due to the time it takes putting in the SIDs and STARs.

Thanks to everyone involved in trying to make this happen, i hope the update will be soon as everything else is perfect, and would love to keep this add-on.

Az

I dont believe a release date has been mentioned, but you could use a flight planner that can add SIDs and STARs and save it has an FSX flight plan. It should hopefully then load them up when loaded through the flight planner.

I dont believe a release date has been mentioned, but you could use a flight planner that can add SIDs and STARs and save it has an FSX flight plan. It should hopefully then load them up when loaded through the flight planner.

But of cause this is only a very simple version for getting SIDs and STARs. In real world you could get a different STAR during each time in the approach. You can't change this then.

What I do when flying the Airbus is using the GPS approach chart and then insert the waypoints required for the SID/STAR manually in the MCDU.

Or just fly it manually using the VOR/DME or NDB or whatever is needed for the SID/STAR.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not happy with it at all! This plane is simply a pain in the butt! All I read is the developers saying how complicated the airbus systems are, how FSX basically caters to boeing airplanes, how boeing systems are so far behind airbuses....Why other developers haven't made an airbus product...This isn't freeware guys, I would have understood if it was, however I and several other people paid for this product!

How about an apology for releasing a product with so many bugs?!?

A product that even though it has been updated several times is still no good?!?

A product that people have to merge with a Project Airbus "Freeware" airplane just to get rid of all the gremlins?!?

Why don't you guys work on actually FIXING this version? If anything do it for those customers who paid for a broken product. I'm not a developer or anything like that, I'm just a real world airline pilot and flight sim enthusiast so guess what, I can care less how hard it is to develop an airbus! You guys should've thought about that before, but instead released a really messed up product, that crashes all the time.

I really think that it's pathetic to release a broken product that cost's $40+ and now have the nerve to be working on another one and most likely charge more money for it!!!!

Wow dmncnpilot, feel better now you got that off your chest?

As a counter to what you have said I have not had any problems with the V1 Airbus since release. Sure there have been some teathing issues but I'm not going to bash a developer for what are quite minor bugs when I'm not capable of doing better myself.

I'm really excited at the prospect of V2. I loved V1 and have spent many hours flying it in FSX, with the improvements being outlined here the immersive experience is only going to get better.

I think from here the developers have learnt the diificulty in debugging and programing in XML. Looking forward to the new autopilot coding. On that note, I wonder wherther the ND will have curved lines.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Guys, I love your approach to the Airbus X. Extending the FMGS probably is the most you can do to a stable Airbus simulation in FSX. Years ago, I never thought of (finally) getting my airbus simulation from Aerosoft (I thought more of Airsimmer, AXP or PMDG). Companies like Airsimmer and AirlinerXP made a big mistake: announcing the impossible. In fact, 0,5% of the community will notice the difference between an advanced and a hardcore version, modelling all the linked computers between a button push and an output that nevertheless will be the same in most common situations. Airbus philosophy actually seems to be having many computers but not really noticing it when in cockpit.

Please continue, please do not try to overrach yourself and FSX. Just do as you planned and take your time. I just hope to sit in an A320X advanced in Summer 2012.

As I know you are a company and as I see the potential your product has, I believe you will do an A319/A318 addition and hopefully even an A330/A340. Would be sad if you didn't use what you already achieved.

I think from here the developers have learnt the diificulty in debugging and programing in XML. Looking forward to the new autopilot coding. On that note, I wonder wherther the ND will have curved lines.

Regards,

Joshua Che.

Only to have it replaced by XAML in Flight :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any Progress update?

I was wondering if the Airbus X Pro will make my alternate FBW v0.9 (W.I.P) obsolute. If it does i will stop making any more updates. :byesad_s:

Whatever you do Che, PLEASE DON"T STOP MAKING YOUR UPDATES!!!

Erik

Whatever you do Che, PLEASE DON"T STOP MAKING YOUR UPDATES!!! Thanks :) Erik

You missed my pont. If the aerosoft V2 FBW is better than my, it makes no sense to continue updating it right?

You missed my pont. If the aerosoft V2 FBW is better than my, it makes no sense to continue updating it right?

You're right, however I'm very skeptical that it will be better. Until they prove me wrong, hopefully they will.