Airbus X Version 2

Finn

Hi,

I have a question about the Airbus. Is it able to simulate system failures (like engine fires), and if yes, will it show you the steps to do on the ECAM? (like in the real thing) Is this already possible in the current version or will it be possible in the 2nd version?

Version 1 was for intermediate users remember ;)

Version 1 was for intermediate users remember ;)

:D How could I forget that, shame on me. But how about Ver. 2? (or 3 :blush: ) The thing is that I'm just so desperate for a good Airbus!

:D How could I forget that, shame on me. But how about Ver. 2? (or 3 :blush: ) The thing is that I'm just so desperate for a good Airbus!

I'll ask if someone from the Development Dept. can drop by and answer a few of the questions.

• 3 weeks later...

The AibusX V2 thread was launched on February.Since then we haven't been getting nomore details about the developement process.

Could Aerosoft tell us anything about how thing are going?Any news,any picture,anything.

Thanks

Daniel Santoro

The AibusX V2 thread was launched on February.Since then we haven't been getting nomore details about the developement process.

Could Aerosoft tell us anything about how thing are going?Any news,any picture,anything.

Thanks

Daniel Santoro

I have asked about this please be patient.

Only a small update....

Sorry for the lack of info.

Work is progressing on a much more detailed MCDU coded from scratch.

It will have lateral revision pages for inserting waypoints, airways, SID's and STAR's.

The autopilot and Flight By Wire system will receive an overhall too.

The time for developing all this will take some time, since it's rather complex and most of it cannot be shown by screenshots here anyway.

Posting screenshots of the new MCDU would only cause some to post bug reports about font / fontalignment issues we allready are aware of.

Apart from smaller bugfixes to the various aircraft systems (Fuel, electrical etc.) - Only visible change to the ECAM's will be the N1 readouts on the CFM engines and the addition of EPR readouts for the IAE engines.

Failures and the relevant ECAM messages / checklists will not be implementet - i.e the lower ECAM display will remain as it is right now.

I will only update progress here when something is worth telling - simply to prevent the hyperventilation we saw in the old Airbus X V1 preview forum.

Best

Finn

Failures and the relevant ECAM messages / checklists will not be implementet - i.e the lower ECAM display will remain as it is right now.

Too bad, I hoped that ECAM will be fully functional, but I understand, its an Airbus of the easy kind :(

Such a statement only underlines the fact that You don´t know how complex the Airbus really is and why no addon developer has managed to make a more realistic FS version of it.

The Airbus X has a far more complex ECAM than the competitor versions have (no names here).

I´m looking forward to the day where a full realistic Airbus appears that also can run on with decent framerates, but that won´t happen shortly I´m sure.

Finn

Oh I saw Finn wrote something here and thought: :o maybe an update...!(although he said no progress checks or pictures) But no... :(

BTW: Wasn't Airbus one of the aircraft companies (Gulfstream for sure do) making lawsuits for everyone that tried to reproduce their systems? Finn, wish you quite work with many results.

Where did I say NO progress ?

This is what I wrote:

Work is progressing on a much more detailed MCDU coded from scratch.

It will have lateral revision pages for inserting waypoints, airways, SID's and STAR's.

I´m pretty sure that Aerosoft has that under control.

Airbus industries had at least almost a year to come after us with law sues.

Finn

Where did I say NO progress ?

He didnt said that you... said that ^^

He said: "no progress checks or pictures"

So that you didnt stated at whitch point of development you are or showed any pics, you stated the reasons why.

Its just good to see a lifesign!

• Upvote 1

He didnt said that you... said that ^^

He said: "no progress checks or pictures"

So that you didnt stated at whitch point of development you are or showed any pics, you stated the reasons why.

Its just good to se a lifesign!

Yes, sorry if I was unclear, that's what I ment, thanks kleineMax!

Hi

What I would be happy is I the keys F1 - F4 to the thrust reflect can use and not just the joystick. Because the controller on my joystick to the thrust does not give more is okay and would like to buy me a new joystick not equal. Since I'm the but not the only one that disturbs. Look forward to the improvements! :-)

I think we don`t have to complain about everything. Be happy the airbus improves his quality and performs better than first. I think we have to wait and after the release reporting all problems.

Cheers,

Airbus X v2 will include A318,A319,A320 and A321?

If yes, will Airbus X v1 liveries work with version 2 of A320/21?

Regards.

Maj.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No A330/A340/A318/A319, but this has been discussed many times.

So please check the forum before always asking the same questions. It's getting boring!

• Upvote 1