Airbus X Version 2

Finn

Guest vbdriver

You can switch views (when in VC) and have the "simulation" of 2d panels. Can help if really needed it.

alternatively, you can create a "new view" of the the MCDU etc. from the main FSX menu - which can then be undocked to a second monitor or minimised (not closed) with a mouse drag when not needed.

i use this option during startup & adding my stars during cruise / descent - avoids the head down syndrome ??

only small negative is an fps hit which can be a nuisance at high demand airports with scenery / traffic (eg FSDT & UT2 @ KJFK) - but then close it before taxi & reopen in cruise.

Mr. Finn Jacobsen / Aerosoft staff,

I know you've probably locked down the list of things that you are willing to update/add to the V2, but if its not too much to ask, can you...

1. Make the model flyable/pilot-able from both Capt. and 1st Office seats? (Read an article that said it was really only flyable from the left seat. :blush:).

2. Is it possible to add a complete interior cabin and have internal view points added to the .cfg files for screenshots/videos?

3. Have an FSCREW: Airbus X V2 version(s) released as well?

Thanks! :D

============================================================================

Mr. Kok,

If you call the requirement that we need full access to the throttle channel a bug, it might.

There is simply no way we can use the FSX Boeing style throttle that is directly linked to the engines. We will still need to intercept the throttle channel and 'interpret' it the Airbus style. This will not abe a problem for the vast majority of people who simply use FSX, but it might be a in issue for people who use non standard ways of reading throttles axis. We'll do our best to solve this but as always our products are intended to run on a non modified FSX.

Since I'm not fully aware of the limitations you are discussing here, I would like to ask if your design excludes the use of FSUIPC for throttle assignments? As you might remember I use several devices with axis' that were configured for differing aircraft. (i.e. My HOTAS Cougar Throttle axis is the ONLY one that loads as a throttle for the F-16 even though, I have 14 actual/physical throttle axis'). Thus, am I REQUIRED to have 4 axis on one of my Throttle devices assigned in FSX ONLY in order to use the Airbus' throttle in FSX?

Merci! :)

• Upvote 1

Don't buy a tablet for a fmc, I know a aite where you can buy verry good screens for €150 I will post the linkf this Afternoon

when will they release it?

There is no official answer now, only speculation. Rumors anyway are for a release across late 2011 and early 2012, early spring 2012 is the most quoted bet.

Guest vbdriver

I will buy a tablet pc and I will make it to become a second display of my laptop. so I want a 2d MCDU that I can move it to the second display for touch screen insert.

seafloorwaves

from my experience, you'll find using a second monitor of any type off an i5/i7 labtop will be a "frustrating" fps hit - compared with a desktop dual monitor setup.

that said, it is "feasible" to use some labtops as the touch screen and the primary monitor is the attached standard LCD (in expanded mode) - but it is stll an fps hit.

my preference is one monitor off a desktop but only using / opening the "docked new view of the mcdu" to enter sids / stars / ttp - when fps is not in demand.

There is no official answer now, only speculation. Rumors anyway are for a release across late 2011 and early 2012, early spring 2012 is the most quoted bet.

I remember Mathijs saying it will take 3 months between the version 1 and 2 ...

<br />I hope they will release it this summer<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Given the amount of recoding and development to be done I wouldn't expect it til the end of the year or next spring at the earliest.

Chris

<br /><br /><br />

Given the amount of recoding and development to be done I wouldn't expect it til the end of the year or next spring at the earliest.

Chris

But it was said a month ago on the german forum that the fmgc was finished. I don't understand why the end of the year or next spring ?

But it was said a month ago on the german forum that the fmgc was finished. I don't understand why the end of the year or next spring ?

An Airbus doesnt build upon the FMGC only. The system depth is incredible huge and isnt done in some months. A good airbus also simulates FBW correctly and handles most normal procedures without any errors or abnormal behaviours.

You cant possibly await that the developers develop the logic of an airbus, which are described in many 1000 pages, in some months.:blink: Give them time...

Emmanuel

okay, but it is still earlier than the pmdg NGX

No, I'm very sure that won't be the case. For as far as I know, the PMDG 737NGX could get into wide beta testing any day now (which means a release isn't too far off), and the Advanced Aerosoft Airbus's systems are still in rather early development stages, what with the rewritten FBW (meaning we still have a long wait).

No, I'm very sure that won't be the case. For as far as I know, the PMDG 737NGX could get into wide beta testing any day now (which means a release isn't too far off), and the Advanced Aerosoft Airbus's systems are still in rather early development stages, what with the rewritten FBW (meaning we still have a long wait).

they said that also 7 months ago.

The NGX took 4 years and counting to develop, if you want quality you have to wait, the same is true of this Airbus, 7 months is nothing come back in another 7 months and they might be near completion.

The NGX took 4 years and counting to develop, if you want quality you have to wait, the same is true of this Airbus, 7 months is nothing come back in another 7 months and they might be near completion.

+1 agreed. 7 months for detailed airbus is nothing. especially compare to ngx's development time.

Guys,

The advanced airbus will have nothing to compare with the PMDG 737 NGX. They will not have the same level of realism so the development time for Airbus advanced has also nothing to compare with development time of NGX.

Comparing of different companies products.

Hello Folks,

Lets please not turn this thread into a comparison thread between two different companies and 2 different aircraft.

Lets keep it about the Aerosoft Airbus only.

• 2 weeks later...

I fired up the Aerosoft bus today for the first time and forgot how beautiful she is, shame i dont want to fly here now as the FMC & FBW just aint upto scratch, that and it doesnt have FS2Crew voice which im on at Bryan Yorke to do, im sure he will when the advanced version is released....

Hi,

I have a question about the Airbus. Is it able to simulate system failures (like engine fires), and if yes, will it show you the steps to do on the ECAM? (like in the real thing) Is this already possible in the current version or will it be possible in the 2nd version?