Airbus X Version 2

Finn

Now that I spent 60 extra euros to have the hw throttle I am again with no hope of using Airbus X.

This time what please do you suggest me ?

Have you really checked out your controller settings on FSX!?? My hardware (axis for the) throttle did not work until I adjusted the bars according to the Airbus X manual (page 14).

To my understanding the quality of your joystick does not have much to do with if the throttle works or not. I'm thinking about buying a Saitek aviation controllers but currently I use a cheap basic play station based game controller for PC and now it works fine with my Airbus X. Now it allows me to choose if I use TOCA positon or not on take offs. Before the throttle started to work I needed to hold it on max until V2 and enabling autopilot othervise the throttle returned to IDLE and made me stall.

Guest vbdriver

Hi!

Currently there is no new information about it, only silence from the developers :(

best regards

Emmanuel

emmanuel

thanks for sluething ... i hope your summer warms up soon !!!!

After hours and hours fiddling with not working virtual joysticks, after having spent 60 euros to buy a Saitek Throttle quadrant, after having spent hours trying to let Airbus X understand a HW throttle was existing to no avail , after having downloaded the pretty good Aerosoft launcher I was finally able to use my throttle on Airbus X.

I strongly encourage and recommend Aerosoft to pay a ton of attention releasing Airbus X V2 because :

1 ) Throttle issue MUST not be present anymore, the product MUST be tested prior to release it, deeply & carefully. The whole world is full of serious beta testers.

2 ) FMDC is a delicate device, please do not pepetrate similar issues to SIDs STARs etc . otherwise I am under the real impression that customers will react in a ferocious way if the FMDC will have serious issues like missing STARs etc...

Thanks for your attention

P.S. Is there any plan to release a brand new A380 with all the the features the real A380 has ? Thx

Reply from Fabian Boulegue in the german support forum (free translation by me):

"MCDU is finished, we are working now on SID STAR and company routes".

Dont ask me what he means with company routes, thats all we got :)

best regards

Emmanuel

Guest vbdriver

Reply from Fabian Boulegue in the german support forum (free translation by me):

"MCDU is finished, we are working now on SID STAR and company routes".

Dont ask me what he means with company routes, thats all we got :)

best regards

Emmanuel

emmanuel .... many thanks for your note. seems beta may be in your summer as you forecast !!

perhaps company routes are ATS routes ??

perhaps company routes are ATS routes ??

Company routes are are a way to load a complete, stored route by just entering it's name (like MUCAMS01) instead of having to enter all airways and waypoints manually in the FMC.

Aerosoft, i know it's early, but the third picture on the first page shows a departures prompt under LSK 1L, i think it should be under 1R. Oh well, as long as it's there. Anywhere. :rolleyes:

Regarding the flightmodel, i find that pitch control is too slow / insufficient, especially at larger bank angles. Is that somthing that might be addressed in V2?

Guest vbdriver

emmanuel

a quick specific question..............has there been any discussion / confirmation in the german forums about V2 including both the lateral & vertical (TRK/FPA) modes of the Flight Path Vector Control on the FCU ?

emmanuel

a quick specific question..............has there been any discussion / confirmation in the german forums about V2 including both the lateral & vertical (TRK/FPA) modes of the Flight Path Vector Control on the FCU ?

I didn't read every topic but as far as I saw: no discussion yet.

best regards

Emmanuel

Guest vbdriver

I didn't read every topic but as far as I saw: no discussion yet.

best regards

Emmanuel

thanks !

i wonder why no discussion / comment from the developers !!

Perhaps because development takes a long time. If they're working on the internal systems then there really isn't much to show. I don't think that much of the external aircraft or internal cockpit will change.

Look at FSLabs and how long they have been in development with their Airbus. I really wouldn't expect anything soon from Aerosoft, particularly given the lack of objective viewpoints expressed when development ideas/progress/issues were shared during the initial development of Airbus X.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Chris

• Upvote 1

Perhaps because development takes a long time. If they're working on the internal systems then there really isn't much to show. I don't think that much of the external aircraft or internal cockpit will change.

Look at FSLabs and how long they have been in development with their Airbus. I really wouldn't expect anything soon from Aerosoft, particularly given the lack of objective viewpoints expressed when development ideas/progress/issues were shared during the initial development of Airbus X.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Chris

Of course Chris, there is not so much to show but maybe we could have more information about this new version, as it was said that the FMGC is finished.

Maybe they can talk about the fly by wire or have they decided to implement new features ?

regards

Mike

Guest vbdriver

emmanuel

chris

in asking the above, i thought it a "big picture" question about a core real world FCU function - & given it was originally to be in V1 but didn't eventuate - and not a question about detail & eye candy.

for me, V2 to be a comprehensive upgrade, it surely must have the FPV mode - and it shows on the PFD / ND.

I noticed Airbus has also started providing Boeing style winglets for the A3XX series (or at least for the new A320neo). So, will Airbus X ver. 2 include winglets?

I strongly hope Airbus V2 will take care about VNAV and I reccomend Aerosoft to test it before releasing it.

Many FSX add ons seem to skip the vnav test before their release and this function usually is heavily or lightly bugged depending on the producer. It seems it is an esoteric function to program , seeing facts it seems the human community still have to find a way to spoil the secret of lighting speed and Vnav on flight simulators.

The whole world is anxiously waiting for scientists to master the vnav issue.

Stay tuned

• Upvote 1

Will the Airbus X upgrade features such as emergency procedures? Use of the engine/apu fire systems, ditching button, etc?

What I would like to know if there will be more clickable buttons, like call button, etc, other than the standard buttons that is in use in the current Airbus X.

Funjet

• Upvote 1