Airbus X Version 2

Finn

Hi Jetwings!

Basically I just want confirmation that only thing I'll have to do when it comes out is Install it & it overwrite the other one where it needs to..

Its most likely that aerosoft will handle it this way. So. Install v.1 then install the upgrade or update!

There will be a (free) update for v.1 customers which will just fix problems with the autopilot and FBW.

Then there will be an upgrade too, which will cost a few euros and which will turn v.1 into v.2. (more system depth and other functionalities)

When v.2 comes out isn't announced yet and Finn is very busy with other projects. But I think around summer is a good bet.

Emmanuel

Small update...

The Airbus V2 is still in early developement, so we are talking alpha version.

Please note that re-building the MCDU is a major task wich isn´t done in a month or two...

Finn

Guest vbdriver

Hi Jetwings!

Its most likely that aerosoft will handle it this way. So. Install v.1 then install the upgrade or update!

There will be a (free) update for v.1 customers which will just fix problems with the autopilot and FBW.

Then there will be an upgrade too, which will cost a few euros and which will turn v.1 into v.2. (more system depth and other functionalities)

When v.2 comes out isn't announced yet and Finn is very busy with other projects. But I think around summer is a good bet.

Emmanuel

emmanuel

i am not sure the update / upgrade for v1 would be as good an option as a new full install v2 ... i'm always nervous about glitches in the former process !!

i'd prefer to hear that v1 owners can buy a v2 full install at a discount & it be in a separate "folder" to v1 ... which is somehow switched off if wanted !!

for now, i hope you are betting a northern summer ... mine's 7 months away !

emmanuel

i am not sure the update / upgrade for v1 would be as good an option as a new full install v2 ... i'm always nervous about glitches in the former process !!

i'd prefer to hear that v1 owners can buy a v2 full install at a discount & it be in a separate "folder" to v1 ... which is somehow switched off if wanted !!

for now, i hope you are betting a northern summer ... mine's 7 months away !

Hi!

My answer is based on informations Mathijs and other Staff members gave us. So it is not my idea just to offer a upgrade for the v2.

I would support your request in buying a full installer but history showed that its a more common way to offer a upgrade instead. Also I would do it this way, because as developer I wouldnt give away a full install of a product which I didn't bought as whole.

But I can say, todays upgrade installers are developed very safe in order to not create any problems! :)

Emmanuel

Guest vbdriver

Hi!

My answer is based on informations Mathijs and other Staff members gave us. So it is not my idea just to offer a upgrade for the v2.

I would support your request in buying a full installer but history showed that its a more common way to offer a upgrade instead. Also I would do it this way, because as developer I wouldnt give away a full install of a product which I didn't bought as whole.

But I can say, todays upgrade installers are developed very safe in order to not create any problems! :)

Emmanuel

emmanuel

thanks for the note ... i do hope that there will be the option of having both v1 & v2 installed anyway (as others have posted) !

& in closing, which summer are you betting on ??

& in closing, which summer are you betting on ??

Haha, I hope this (late) summer we will see some Beta hopefully, which is here around July, August.

In the german forum there was a new post by a moderator who said there will be some new informations soon and development is still in Alpha.

best regards

Emmanuel

Guest vbdriver

Haha, I hope this (late) summer we will see some Beta hopefully, which is here around July, August.

In the german forum there was a new post by a moderator who said there will be some new informations soon and development is still in Alpha.

best regards

Emmanuel

emmanuel

thanks for your translations from the german forum .... you are appointed full time sleuth for we neandathals !

i look forward to more news & my (southern) summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I want support for Airbus X product for a simple reason. On my OS I installed FSX Acceleration, VFR Germany, 2, 3 and 4, Mega Airport Lisbon X, Mega Airport Frankfurt and Airbus X. I use Ultimate Traffic II for AI and Shockwave 3D Lights Redux. The problem is when I want to fly another plane, FSX crash to desktop and gives me a message on a window: "Fatal error occurred. FSX is restarting." In fact when I want to prepare a flight with Airbus X and make all the procedures from the beginning, FSX crash and gives me the same message. I'm using the update V1.22 of Airbus X. I ask you guys for a solution for this problem. Please respond to this complain as soon as possible.

Regards,

Gonçalo Carvalho

Hi guys,

I want support for Airbus X product for a simple reason. On my OS I installed FSX Acceleration, VFR Germany, 2, 3 and 4, Mega Airport Lisbon X, Mega Airport Frankfurt and Airbus X. I use Ultimate Traffic II for AI and Shockwave 3D Lights Redux. The problem is when I want to fly another plane, FSX crash to desktop and gives me a message on a window: "Fatal error occurred. FSX is restarting." In fact when I want to prepare a flight with Airbus X and make all the procedures from the beginning, FSX crash and gives me the same message. I'm using the update V1.22 of Airbus X. I ask you guys for a solution for this problem. Please respond to this complain as soon as possible.

Regards,

Gonçalo Carvalho

Try an other airbus X plane, or start fs in admin mode

Try an other airbus X plane, or start fs in admin mode

Also try loading a normal FSX aircraft like the Boeing 737, then switch to Airbus X, try doing this after you've finished a flight by changing back to an FSX aircraft and then exit flight aim. I find this cures the 'flight simulator has stopped working' error when trying to close.

Hope this helps!

• Aerosoft

Will the V2 still have the throttle bug ?

Thanks

If you call the requirement that we need full access to the throttle channel a bug, it might.

There is simply no way we can use the FSX Boeing style throttle that is directly linked to the engines. We will still need to intercept the throttle channel and 'interpret' it the Airbus style. This will not abe a problem for the vast majority of people who simply use FSX, but it might be a in issue for people who use non standard ways of reading throttles axis. We'll do our best to solve this but as always our products are intended to run on a non modified FSX.

May I request something ? at the basic airbus x at the "AIRCRAFT' page of the "MCDU MENU" although im flying with IAE V2500s it says CFM56-584, also there is something else: the N1 page correct me if im wrong but the V2500s use EPR and not N1 right? somrthing else i noticed is that at the Co-pilots ND screen the flight plan does not exist. I would love to see the co-pilots side a bit more "active".

some small details that will make a diffrence in my opinion

tnx for everything....

If you call the requirement that we need full access to the throttle channel a bug, it might.

There is simply no way we can use the FSX Boeing style throttle that is directly linked to the engines. We will still need to intercept the throttle channel and 'interpret' it the Airbus style. This will not abe a problem for the vast majority of people who simply use FSX, but it might be a in issue for people who use non standard ways of reading throttles axis. We'll do our best to solve this but as always our products are intended to run on a non modified FSX.

Thanks for the answer.

My 2 cents, to let Aerosoft public image shine among forums you should find an easy way to workaround the thottle issue otherwise Airbux X and V2 will be the lonely products in the market affected by this " virus " that prevent a player to play it if not ad hoc hardware equipped. This way the occasional or new potential customer will choose 737 NGx et similia.... if you develop a solid and easy workaround Aerosoft will compete with PMDG / others in a successfully way.

Thanks in advance

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the answer.

My 2 cents, to let Aerosoft public image shine among forums you should find an easy way to workaround the thottle issue otherwise Airbux X and V2 will be the lonely products in the market affected by this " virus " that prevent a player to play it if not ad hoc hardware equipped. This way the occasional or new potential customer will choose 737 NGx et similia.... if you develop a solid and easy workaround Aerosoft will compete with PMDG / others in a successfully way.

Thanks in advance

As I explained, this is just technically not possible. If everybody would use the standard FSX joystick axis and if hardware manufacturers would clean up there drivers the problem would not exist.

Wonderful. I am excited and looking forward to the next step in the Airbus series mentioned here. Hopefully this will also fix thoes other issues we have all read and delt with, i.e. the CTD and joystick axis mapping problems.:unsure:

Aerosoft, Thanks for the great products and your promp replies to our questions and concerns. While Airbus X is a good product, I am pleased to here fo the next greater step.

:)

V/R

John Eubanks

• Upvote 1

Guest vbdriver

Is there any possibility of keyboard input being supported in the Advanced Version?

i trust guenseli will again be your LUA script guru & provide again the "best way" for users to set keystrokes.

i am not a fan of "developer's key configurators".

Btw.

Those who have experienced throttle problems in Airbus X (like I did), plus having a joystick with an extra axis for the throttle, you also need to SET THE RIGHT VALUES for the joystick that can be found on the Airbus X manual. That should solve the problem.

Edit: What I mean by right values is the values for the axis sensitivities in FSX (Control settings menu). Just move the bars according to the picture shown in the manual.

You actually can fly the Airbus X without the properly working axis by using autopilot constantly and ILS approaches with autoland but it takes the fun out of visual approaches because turning autopilot off during approach will speed up the plane and makes you miss your final approach if the throttle axis does not work as it should. So, no that it works the product is even more awesome.

Guest vbdriver

emmanuel

how's the news from the german forum ... remember you are our sleuth in that forum !

emmanuel

how's the news from the german forum ... remember you are our sleuth in that forum !

To bypass the throttle hardware issue I bought a Saitek Throttle that works like a charm on other products I own , BUT , AGAIN, within Airbus X the throttle jumps constantly from 0 to what I select and therefore it can't reach for more then half a second the speed I request. Of course the reverse trust, like it was with the keyboard, works fine.

Now that I spent 60 extra euros to have the hw throttle I am again with no hope of using Airbus X.

This time what please do you suggest me ?

Please don't tell me to go to Lourdes or Fatima cause all my PMDG / iFly / Opensky / Wilco / FSX birds fly like a charm also with my new Saitek HW device.

I am under the impression that Airbus X is born under a very unlucky star and maybe retrieving it from the market would be a classy touch indeed.

thx

emmanuel

Hi!

Currently there is no new information about it, only silence from the developers :(

best regards

Emmanuel