Anchorage Preview (product released, topic closed)

Guest Tiziana Krüger

• Aerosoft

It will!

Got to correct myself.Sorry.

The boxed version will only contain the FSX version, for now the FS9 version will only be available as download. The reason for this is rather simple, the cost of making FS9 versions of scenery is growing as there are less and less sold copies compared to the FSX versions. In download you will get 50% discount if you buy the FS2004 version after you bought the FSX version.

And please, don't let this be the start of a new FSX/FS2004 discussion. Aerosoft is a commercial company and we sell what people ask. If demand for FS2002 scenery would be high we would gladly work for that.

Well Thorsten I've been an admirer of Sim-wings' quality sceneries since I think FS2000. The fact that even though FS9 has been obsolete for so long but you, with Aerosoft, still support it is fantastic, as I too am still stuck with it. And as a TCA Alaska pilot flying from Anchorage for more than 10 years now this scenery is a real treat.

You mentioned Fairbanks and other US airports might be coming next. I want to mention another alaska airport that has been forgotten by the payware industry: Ketchikan. We've had gorgeous scenery for the area since 2004, with Misty and Tongass Fjords and now the new Orbx sceneries in FSX. Most if not all of the other airports in the area are already beautifuly rendered. Still, oddly, Ketchikan Intl has remained untouched, except for one or two good freeware approaches. And it looks like an interesting airport to develop, even if a little small.

Thank you, looking forward for PANC's release.

Got to correct myself.Sorry.

The boxed version will only contain the FSX version, for now the FS9 version will only be available as download. The reason for this is rather simple, the cost of making FS9 versions of scenery is growing as there are less and less sold copies compared to the FSX versions. In download you will get 50% discount if you buy the FS2004 version after you bought the FSX version.

And please, don't let this be the start of a new FSX/FS2004 discussion. Aerosoft is a commercial company and we sell what people ask. If demand for FS2002 scenery would be high we would gladly work for that.

Just one question. Can I also buy the FS9 version and get 50% off on the FSX version?

Does that mean users who buy the download version will no longer get both copies?

No. As was said, making the FS2004 becomes more expensive. As such, you buy the two versions seperately. You can however get a discount for the version you didn't buy. So if you buy FSX the version, you get a 50% discount on the FS2004 version.