Anchorage Preview (product released, topic closed)

Guest Tiziana Krüger

As you like.

But I´m sure you have read the German comments and know

a) why it is sold seperately

B) how much work it is to convert it to a good FS9 scenery and not just a 70% quality one.

c) That you´ll get a 50% discount when you buy a different (FSX or FS9) version.

Maybe I should consider to stop developing FS9 versions to avoid these kind of discussions.

No FS9 version, no complaints...

Thorsten

Yes I did, and I understand and accept that, but 24,95€ still seems a bit too much for me, if you add 50% to that you're at 37,43€. IMO that's too much for just one airport.

20€ for a single version and I am in, but not for the price I mentioned above.

Yes I did, and I understand and accept that, but 24,95€ still seems a bit too much for me, if you add 50% to that you're at 37,43€. IMO that's too much for just one airport.

20€ for a single version and I am in, but not for the price I mentioned above.

Could you please stop complaining as child? It's free market: cannot afford - do not buy it. Period.

And we definitely need FS2004 version. Thorsten - thanks a lot for supporting FS2004 platform. PANC has been needed for years and years.

Could you please stop complaining as child? It's free market: cannot afford - do not buy it. Period.

And we definitely need FS2004 version. Thorsten - thanks a lot for supporting FS2004 platform. PANC has been needed for years and years.

Ditto, a FS2004 version is a must have and a must buy. Many thanks in advance Thorsten.

• Developer

@Silverbird

possibly I´ll make some more US airports. Fairbanks is a hot candidate. But I also have some other places of the lower48th in mind which would be interesting.

Thorsten

@Silverbird

possibly I´ll make some more US airports. Fairbanks is a hot candidate. But I also have some other places of the lower48th in mind which would be interesting.

Thorsten

Thank's Thorsten that's good news at least you are considering it, will be very interesting to see what lower48th you pick if you decide to do it great work on panc looks wonderful.

@Silverbird

Thorsten

Thorsten - All I have to say is welcome to America! We here look forward to any and all US airports you design!

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry.

And of course +1 for the second part.

And since it's really unlikely that I will switch over to FSX I will buy it to support Thorsten and Manfred for their great work and of course support good ol' FS9

• Aerosoft

Here is the product page text I wrote today... Should give you an idea of the content and the fact we are close to release.

-------------------------

There probably is no place on the globe where aviation is as important as in Alaska. In this great state roads are scares and limited to the major cities. The vast wilderness can only be reached by aircraft. Often only by floatplane or small aircraft equipped for off airport landings. And Anchorage International Airport ‘Ted Stevens’ is at the center of much of this aviation.

It is in many ways a remarkable airport. Not only does is the main connection to the other US states (a connection mainly flown by Air Alaska 737 in their characteristic livery) and as a hub for intercontinental flights, it is also a bush airport with a large dirt strip for the small planes that do not really like concrete and tarmac. It even has one of the largest seaplane bases in the world on Lake Hood that’s located next to the airport. Add the violent weather and the long hours of darkness in the winter and you end up with an airport that is in all way remarkable and well worth a superb rendering for Flight Simulator. As always simWings did a fantastic job on an airport that no serious flightsimmer can do without.

Features:

• Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport with all buildings and facilities (International Terminal, National Terminal, Cargo area, Maintenance area, Kulis Air national Guard Base, South Airpark,...)
  • Detailed rendering of LakeHood, the water airport (LHD) including many static small airplanes
  • Landing strip Z41
  • Aerial photos for the ground texture with a resolution down to 15cm/pixel
  • AESLite ground vehicle traffic on the airport and nearby roads (with suitable vehicles like pickups_
  • Trains between airport station and Anchorage with functional crossings for the cars!
  • Fitting autogen to the ground texture
  • Complete taxi and runway signs
  • Smooth integration to the environment because of adapted coastlines with own mesh in the airport area avoiding plateau effects using other add-ons
  • Aircraft Access Gates on the taxiways from PANC to LHD or Z41 opens automatically when you get close
  • Detailed AFCAD files for all airports included
  • Custom 3D RWY-lightning, 3D taxiway lightning
  • Compatible with AES

• Upvote 2

Here is the product page text I wrote today... Should give you an idea of the content and the fact we are close to release.

-------------------------

There probably is no place on the globe where aviation is as important as in Alaska. In this great state roads are scares and limited to the major cities. The vast wilderness can only be reached by aircraft. Often only by floatplane or small aircraft equipped for off airport landings. And Anchorage International Airport ‘Ted Stevens’ is at the center of much of this aviation.

It is in many ways a remarkable airport. Not only does is the main connection to the other US states (a connection mainly flown by Air Alaska 737 in their characteristic livery) and as a hub for intercontinental flights, it is also a bush airport with a large dirt strip for the small planes that do not really like concrete and tarmac. It even has one of the largest seaplane bases in the world on Lake Hood that’s located next to the airport. Add the violent weather and the long hours of darkness in the winter and you end up with an airport that is in all way remarkable and well worth a superb rendering for Flight Simulator. As always simWings did a fantastic job on an airport that no serious flightsimmer can do without.

Features:

• Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport with all buildings and facilities (International Terminal, National Terminal, Cargo area, Maintenance area, Kulis Air national Guard Base, South Airpark,...)
  • Detailed rendering of LakeHood, the water airport (LHD) including many static small airplanes
  • Landing strip Z41
  • Aerial photos for the ground texture with a resolution down to 15cm/pixel
  • AESLite ground vehicle traffic on the airport and nearby roads (with suitable vehicles like pickups_
  • Trains between airport station and Anchorage with functional crossings for the cars!
  • Fitting autogen to the ground texture
  • Complete taxi and runway signs
  • Smooth integration to the environment because of adapted coastlines with own mesh in the airport area avoiding plateau effects using other add-ons
  • Aircraft Access Gates on the taxiways from PANC to LHD or Z41 opens automatically when you get close
  • Detailed AFCAD files for all airports included
  • Custom 3D RWY-lightning, 3D taxiway lightning
  • Compatible with AES

I think you mean Alaska Airlines.

• Developer

@Bob:

yes, it is compatible with UT Alaska. The installer asks you during the installation process if you use UT Alaska.

Also it is compatible to FSGlobal2010, FSGlobalUltimate "Las Americas" and sure to any other terrain mesh as it

comes with his own little mesh at the airport area to avoid the plateau appearance of the airport caused by some add on meshes.

Thorsten

And we definitely need FS2004 version. Thorsten - thanks a lot for supporting FS2004 platform.

Definitely YES! Thorsten, pls dont stop FS9 support. :rolleyes:

Do you plan to remake Canary Islands?

I know spelling in the forums is not a consideration, but for the actual product page, you might change the word in this sentence:

"In this great state roads are scares and limited to the major cities." to "scarce" which is the more intended meaning. ^_^

Looks exciting, good luck with the product!

Heh, indeed, you might want to change that. As it is it's as if the roads are so bad that they are completely terrifying for the drivers driving over them.

As it is it's as if the roads are so bad that they are completely terrifying for the drivers driving over them.

Which a hell of a lot of them up there are :P