Anchorage Preview (product released, topic closed)

Guest Tiziana Krüger

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Could Tiziana report back perhaps and tell us if the note about the compatibility with high resolution meshes had been taken into account by the developpers of Simwings Anchorage?

In simpler words, do the devs care about avoiding the plateau effect that we get in Anchorage, and is there any sort of a flatten file or something like that in the owen?

Regards

Let me see if I can contact Thorsten regarding your query.

[EDIT] Below is the reply I got from Thorsten.

Hi Shaun,

of course we?ll try to make it compatible to third party meshes (which cannot be influenced by us,

just a flatten file could help), but at the moment we?re working with default terrain only.

Thorsten

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

June is almost here. Can't wait for this one.

Mathijas,

Will they release the FSX version first then the FS9 after or has that not been decided yet? And sorry for spelling your name wrong.

Like all here I'm looking forward to a descent Anchorage scenery especially belonging to few virtual airlines that use PANC.

Rgds

Jason

To get back on topic.... a very tentative June release date for Anchorage is being talked about.

Hi Mathijs

I just want an update. Do ww still talk about a release of the Anchorage scenery in June?

Can't wait for this release. I just "need" every bit of scenery for Alaska! :)

Thanks!

Jan

Hi Mathijs

I just want an update. Do ww still talk about a release of the Anchorage scenery in June?

Can't wait for this release. I just "need" every bit of scenery for Alaska! :)

Thanks!

Jan

I wouldn't think so.

Mathijs told us the planned release date only because he needed to end the discussion about Tiziana which you can see on the bottom of page 1.

So as this was an very early releasedate I wouldn't expect it to be that accurate.

Will the scenery include Lake hood Seaplane base and strip, as they are adjcent to PANC and form a key part of the surrounding area?

You are joking , right?

I had indeed read post no.10 and since it states that GA areas will be included and the fact that the GA area fo PANC is prety much one another with Lake Hood SPB as it runs right up to the shoreline and arround one side, and there is no clear definition as to where one ends and the other begins, I thought I would ask in the hope of some more clarity.Also in my opinion it would look a bit odd to have an area as highly detailed as this right next to the barron expanse that is the default Lake Hood SPB and strip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why not just sit back and wait until it comes out? The June date was tentative anyway. I see that you are from the region and are therefore perhaps a little more excited than one or two others. But if you have been around FS and any software development in general, you should know that deadlines are seldomly met in retail projects. It is always in the developers' interest to get the project out onto the Market as soon as possible. I doubt strongly that projects get held back without very specific and important reasons. The sooner it is out, the sooner it makes money. Still, there is no point badgering the developers or the distributors, particularly given the fact that Mathijs and the Aerosoft team are among the more information friendly out there and would most likely have given us new info on the project by now, were it to exist.

This would be a nice addition to my scenery list, particularly as a destination for the MD-11. It will be out some day, I prefer to remain patient and sit tight and wait.

Andrew

Thorsron said on the Sim Wings forum to expect an end of July release due tot he fact it took him much longer to do the lake hood area...

Okay, thanks guys, I'll sit on my hands for awhile. But, you know, if no one says anything the developers figure no one out there really cares. So it goes to the back burner. In the meantime i'll use the old crappy FSX Anchorage scenery.

Jerry

I am really looking forward to this as it is not often that one gets the chance to fly everything from heavies to bushplanes from one location in such beautiful surroundings and still be in an areaappropriate to the aircraft.

Hi Folks,

I just installed the 1107 Airac cycle. It shows runway 14, now is RW15. Anyone, know any more about this? Aerosoft, might need this info for the scenery.

Cheers,

Jerry

Info,

I just completed a flight from KLAX to PANC. Used the new Airac1107 cycle. Did an auto-landing to RW14, using the RW15 ILS in the FMC, no problems, landed right in the middle of the RW.[perfect landing]

Cheers

JerryF

Hi Folks,

I just installed the 1107 Airac cycle. It shows runway 14, now is RW15. Anyone, know any more about this? Aerosoft, might need this info for the scenery.

Cheers,

Jerry

I live in Anchorage and listen to ATC everyday. It's still 14.