Missing TC and TD markers

Markoz

Hi.

I only purchased Airbus X earlier today, so I'm sorry if it has been dealt with before. All my searches for this were unsuccessful.

I believe I had everything set for the Airbus to descend automatically when it reached the marker (Vol6-StepbyStep.pdf page 19: Once near or past ToD on the ND (small white arrow pointing down), the aircraft will start to descend automatically). There was no ToD marker and the plane just continued cruising at FL310. I stopped the flight and decided to start again.

On my second attempt, by looking at Picture 21: Top of Descent – Initiate descent on page 20, I assumed that the ToD marker is somewhere between BUDEX and VENEN, so I decided to start the descent approximately 12nm before VENNEN, using a VS of -2000. By the time I got to NURDU where I was supposed to be at 3000 feet, I was still at about 8000 feet. So I wound up doing a Go Around and finally landed on a second attempt.

I have now done the tutorial flight four times. I have never seen a Top of Climb marker or a Top of Descent marker on the ND. They are not displayed on the ND for some reason. Is it something I am doing wrong? Or something wrong in the flight plan? I am using the EDDF - LOWW that was installed with the Airbus X.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi.

I have an update on the ToD.

Although I still can't see the ToD, I found out that by "pushing" the Altitude Knob before the ToD, the descent activates at the correct spot. It turned out that I was either "pushing" or "pulling" the knob after I had already past the ToD (because I can't see it) in the tutorial flight.

Now that I have a better idea of what I am doing, I'm starting to get things working better. On my last flight I wound up flying the last 30+nm at 3000 feet. This was because the tutorial says that I should be at 3000 feet at NURDU, and I was still above 10,000 feet (I think around 11,500). I increased the VSI so I could get to 3000 feet quickly. Had I kept the descent profile and not increased the rate of descent, I think the flight would have been almost perfect. Next flight I will get it right. I'm sure I will.

So even thought there is no TC or TD arrows showing in the flight plan on the ND, the Airbus still knows they are there (the Top of Climb isn't all that important either). At least now I know that if I fly it right, everything will fall into place.

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mark, this is a known bug in Airbus X. TOC/TOD is not shown, when you have more then 5 wpts before/after TOC/TOD.

EDIT: corrected typing error :rolleyes:

Mark, this is a none bug in Airbus X. TOC/TOD is not shown, when you have more then 5 wpts before/after TOC/TOD.

Otto,

Not sure what you are saying, but this is definitely a bug in the Airbus X! I am pretty sure that this was a restriction programmed in to the systems at a late stage to save frames ... We will hopefully see this one listed together with many others on the yet-to-be-published list of issues.

Mark, this is a none bug in Airbus X. TOC/TOD is not shown, when you have more then 5 wpts before/after TOC/TOD.

That sounds right. I just did a flight with a lot less waypoints and I had a TOC and a TOD.

Thank you.

Mark