TrackIR4 Pro vs Aerosoft F-16

djanko

I seem to have problems using my TrackIR4:Pro in Aerosoft F-16. It bumps up and down and dosen't work proberly. I have used all my settings in the trackIR program.

Is it because im using win7 64bit version of FSX? or is it a problem with Aerosoft F-16?

Anyone?

Johnny F.

I have v4 Pro and have run both v4 and v5 software without problems in FS. I ended up switching back to v4 software because of some startup problems, but that was the only problem I ever had with the v5 software.

In my experience the main causes of TrackIR skipping around/tracking problems are background reflections and going out of range of the receiver.

If you have anything bright or reflexive behind you, that can mess with the tracking. With v4 software you can click "View" -> "Tracking" and it will show you exactly what the IR tracker is "seeing" (I'm not exactly sure how to do it with v5 software). If anything other than your reflector of choice (clip or TrackClip Pro) show up as green, that's a problem.

If you are going out of range of the receiver (looking too far up/down/left/right) the tracking will stop for a second, return to center, and then pick the clip up again as it returns to the receiver's field of view, at which point it will be off-center. I have this problem a lot when trying to reach for something like the F-16's oxygen switch in the VC.

So try looking at the tracking view to see if you either have something behind you that's distracting the receiver, or if you are going out of range when looking around. Let me know how it goes.

Marcus

I have v4 Pro and have run both v4 and v5 software without problems in FS. I ended up switching back to v4 software because of some startup problems, but that was the only problem I ever had with the v5 software.

In my experience the main causes of TrackIR skipping around/tracking problems are background reflections and going out of range of the receiver.

If you have anything bright or reflexive behind you, that can mess with the tracking. With v4 software you can click "View" -> "Tracking" and it will show you exactly what the IR tracker is "seeing" (I'm not exactly sure how to do it with v5 software). If anything other than your reflector of choice (clip or TrackClip Pro) show up as green, that's a problem.

If you are going out of range of the receiver (looking too far up/down/left/right) the tracking will stop for a second, return to center, and then pick the clip up again as it returns to the receiver's field of view, at which point it will be off-center. I have this problem a lot when trying to reach for something like the F-16's oxygen switch in the VC.

So try looking at the tracking view to see if you either have something behind you that's distracting the receiver, or if you are going out of range when looking around. Let me know how it goes.

Marcus