VFR London EGLC Gates problem

stufer

Hi there

I bought VFR London some time ago but recently decided to start using the EGLC that came with it. However I have some weird problems with it.

When I select it to start from there, I don't have any gates show up in the menu, only parking spaces. Also, when arriving from somewhere else, I get no option to taxi to the gates, only to general aviation parking. Also, I have AES for it but that doesn't function correctly either. I have updated it to version 1.3 and this is when this problem started I think.

At some of the parking spaces I get an automatic crash upon starting (aircraft crash not computer crash).

Previously I had been using the UK2000 VFR airfields volume 1 version but I have disabled that in it's options menu. Could it be that there is still a file left over from that that is conflicting with it?

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this and could you help me to sort it out please?

Many thanks,

Stu.

Hello Stu,

That will be because technically there are no gates (jetways) at London City Airport only parking, all the jets normally face back out with there tails towards the building.

If you having crash issues you may want to turn crash detection off whilst there.

Hi Shaun

Thanks for the reply. Fair point about the crashing, I'll just turn off detection. With regard to the gates though, I never get directed to a specific place - just general aviation parking. Surely, I should be getting directed to say gate 3 or something as happens at other airports. This did happen with earlier versions of Aerosoft's EGLC, just not 1.3.

Cheers

Stu.

Hi Shaun

I've mostly been flying in with the BN2 Islander from Flight 1. But I think it has also been doing this with the J41 from PMDG. I'll have to check that again though as I'm not sure. I'll have a look tonight and get back to you.

Thanks

Stu.

• 1 month later...

Hello Stu,

If you having crash issues you may want to turn crash detection off whilst there.

Hi Shaun. This evening I bought London X airport scenery.

As Stu I just have a fantastic surprise after about 1 hour and 20 mins flight online from Edinburgh: while taxiing to gate 9 my E170 has crashed!!!

You can suppose my reaction.... Now with all the respect I have for Aerosoft I'm astonished of your reply about this issue: "disable the crash detection"!

Ok it's probably the only solution but why we have to do that? No fix for this "bug" (if this is a bug) ? :-(

Honestly I'd like to have a better support and answer from a company like Aerosoft.

Regards, Max

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Max,

Yes I agree, I will ask about this issue.

Many thanks Shaun!

I've also noticed that after the latest patch available only the runway numbers are changed to the current 27/9 but the taxiway signs remain as 28/10

Regards, Max

• 1 month later...

A lot more info wouldn't go amiss so as we can help.

I will try to be more specific:

Try to land and leave the RWY to the gates. You will see the airplane crash just when it goes into the taxiway with no visible reason.

Sorry my english. It's not my mother tongue.

I will be available for more clarifications if necessary.

Stephen

Ah, with you now. In that case if you do a search within this Fora you may well find your answer as I believe this was someone else's issue way back. Can't recall if it was resolved but I don't have the time to search.

Have you tried turning off crash detection and trying it again, what's the result?

Ah, with you now. In that case if you do a search within this Fora you may well find your answer as I believe this was someone else's issue way back. Can't recall if it was resolved but I don't have the time to search.

Have you tried turning off crash detection and trying it again, what's the result?

I realy don't need this kind of support. As you too, I've no time to sustain this kind of conversation. Sorry, I use to be answering by Shaun, at least much more professional and regardful to the costumers.

You know very well that this EGCL isn't finished. AFCAD is a joke. AI airplanes parked into the buildings!!! I've the 1.30 version. The last update I presume. Well I expect for something better if you want honour the quality of a paid work.

Sorry to take your time. I forgave you already to take mine.

Cheers,

Stephen

I realy don't need this kind of support. As you too, I've no time to sustain this kind of conversation. Sorry, I use to be answering by Shaun, at least much more professional and regardful to the costumers.

You know very well that this EGCL isn't finished. AFCAD is a joke. AI airplanes parked into the buildings!!! I've the 1.30 version. The last update I presume. Well I expect for something better if you want honour the quality of a paid work.

Sorry to take your time. I forgave you already to take mine.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

If you have aircraft parked inside buildings then please make sure that the scenery is using the correct afcad as this problem is normally caused by another 3rd party AFCAD that can come with certain AI Traffic programs and these need to be disabled.

Hello Stephen,

If you have aircraft parked inside buildings then please make sure that the scenery is using the correct afcad as this problem is normally caused by another 3rd party AFCAD that can come with certain AI Traffic programs and these need to be disabled.

Namely JustFlight's TrafficX dry.gif

Hello Stephen,

Hello Shaun,

First of all, thanks for your reply and your usual kindness to the costumers.

About the refered airplanes crashs, let me quote a320wolf (Max):

" Now with all the respect I have for Aerosoft I'm astonished of your reply about this issue: "disable the crash detection"!

Ok it's probably the only solution but why we have to do that? No fix for this "bug" (if this is a bug) ? :-(

Honestly I'd like to have a better support and answer from a company like Aerosoft".

I subscribe entirely this opinion and I beg you to take it seriously in consideration.

About aircrafts inside the buildings, your observation makes sense to me. I use My Traffic X. The problem now is to find a solution for this defective AFCAD next to Burkhard.

Anyway, I will wait first for the solution of the crashs because without it, this scenario will be disabled on my FSX.

Best regards,

Stephen