Activation of new airports

I have just tried to active new airports with credits that I have purchased. Everything is fine until I try to save and close. I get a message "Run-time error '75': path/file access error.

The only option is 'ok' which when I accept, I lose all my credits and have to start again.

One of the airports is Megascenery Amsterdam which I have been using for some time.

I am running on 64bit Windows 7.

be grateful for any help as I have other airports I want to allocate. I am using AES 2.09a

kind regards

Dermot

• Developer

Sorry for the delay.

I don't think that it is an issue around the activation it self, als all credits you have are use.

Can you please check, if the Airport you had tried to activated is now in FULL mode?

Did you get the same message, when you only doubleclick on the airportline to switch the Airport from OFF to FS9/FSX and then press SAVE?

Can you post a screenshot of the errormessage?

Sorry for the delay.

I don't think that it is an issue around the activation it self, als all credits you have are use.

Can you please check, if the Airport you had tried to activated is now in FULL mode?

Did you get the same message, when you only doubleclick on the airportline to switch the Airport from OFF to FS9/FSX and then press SAVE?

Can you post a screenshot of the errormessage?

post-32828-051041100 1297458811_thumb.jp

post-32828-041197100 1297458830_thumb.jp

post-32828-026499800 1297458853_thumb.jp

Hello Oliver

Not sure if you got my text with the snapshots but the airports I was trying to activate were Tessera and Amsterdam. The snapshots shows the error even though I did not try to change anything but only did a save and exit.

Regards

dermot

• Developer

Looks like and problem, that AEShelp could not copy/change files of this scenery, maybe because of access or right problems.

Are you loggedin as Admin?

Is the path below C:\Program Files ...?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like and problem, that AEShelp could not copy/change files of this scenery, maybe because of access or right problems.

Are you loggedin as Admin?

Is the path below C:\Program Files ...?

Hi Oliver, sorry for the delay in reply as I have been away. I think my problem is that when I minimise FS9, I cannot maximise it again even though Task Manager says it is running. when I try to load AES I think it cannot see that FS9 is running. I then have to use Task Manager to end the FS9 task.

I am at a loss as to how to correct this.

For your info, I am running FS9 on an external Drive (I) which I transferred from my old computer. It has been running fine for about 8 months now.

Kind regards

Dermot

Dermot,

WHne you say running on an external drive from your old computer, did you rerun the installation of FS9 on your new computer? Or are you simply running fs9.exe from the installation on your previous PC?

Hi Matt

No, I have attached the external drive to my new computer. I was running FS9 on this external drive on my old computer and simply swapped over. I had to run Registry Mechanic to correct some registry entries and it worked perfectly well for the last 7/8 months. However I cannot minimise the opening menu of FS9 and then maximise it again. It appears to minimise and the Task Manager tells me it is running but it will not allow me to maximise again and I think that AES cannot see that it is still running. If I am already in FS9 such as at an airport, I can minimise and then maximise again without any problem. fs9.exe is on the external drive as it always has been.

Regards

Dermot

Dermot,

WHne you say running on an external drive from your old computer, did you rerun the installation of FS9 on your new computer? Or are you simply running fs9.exe from the installation on your previous PC?

That's correct, FS9 was installed on the external drive on my old laptop running under Windows XP. The new PC runs Windows 7. I ran Registry Mechanic and it runs fine under Windows 7. I have downloaded numerous freeware from Avsim as well as lots of payware such as megascenery Manhattan and Amsterdam without any problem. I laso bought a program specifically for transferring applications from XP based software to Windows 7.

The only problem I have encountered is not being able to minimise the FS9 front menu. This has also caused me a problem with a new Saitek Switch panel that I have just bought which requires me to minimise the Front end menu and then activate the saitek software. As I said earlier I can happily minimise FS9 once I am in the simulator and then maximise it again. Could this have anything to do with Windows 7?.

Incidentally, all my AES airports that were activated on my old system are functioning perfectly as I also ported AESc help from the old system.

I would happily re-install FS9 on the C drive of my new PC but I have over 6 years of Payware and Freeware software which would all have to be re-installed.

Regards

Dermot

So basically you havent installed FS9 on your new PC, which there for will be missing all the registry entries that FS9 creates