Lights and Sounds

Rocketeer

Hello Aerosoft and fellow Simmers,

I have been a happily using the Airbus X for several months now and haven't had any nasty issues with it, except for the obvious ones known to us already.

Now as a great fan of aviation, it occurred to me that some systems haven't been modeled at all or have been modeled wrongly.

I'm concentrating on the issue with the lights and sounds in this topic.

1. The Airbus obviously is equipped with winglights, but they haven't been modeled on the airbus X! Same goes for the Dome light!

2. Some sounds are wrong, and the only one I can think of right now is the Passenger Signs and the last few gpws callouts such as 10 or 5.

I would greatly appreciate it if some one came up with a fix for this or Aerosoft would include these features in the updated Airbus X?!

Wish you three greens, Rocketeer

Hi,

I can't talk about the other issues but about the GPWS callouts. They are different on every plane, every operator orders them on "personal taste", meaning that on some there will be a 10 or 5 callout and on some not. Just customize your installation, I'm sure you can do it manually. There are enough sound files online at Avsim, etc. to replace the callouts with the old style or the new style ones.

Greets,

Patrick

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I can't talk about the other issues but about the GPWS callouts. They are different on every plane, every operator orders them on "personal taste", meaning that on some there will be a 10 or 5 callout and on some not. Just customize your installation, I'm sure you can do it manually. There are enough sound files online at Avsim, etc. to replace the callouts with the old style or the new style ones.

Greets,

Patrick

Well in that case I'm totally ok with it! happy.gif

But I do hope this option may be offered by Aerosoft in the future!

Oh yeah, thanks for the info. I've learnt something new again...

Hello Rocketeer,

Let me check on the winglights.

Thanks for the prompt reply Shaun!

YES, it would be swell and greatly appreciated if you'd look at the persisting problem!

Hoping for three greens, Rocketeer wink.gif

Thanks for the prompt reply Shaun!

YES, it would be swell and greatly appreciated if you'd look at the persisting problem!

Hoping for three greens, Rocketeer wink.gif

Hello Rocketeer,

Which lights do you refer to on the wings as I switched them all on internally on the overhead and see the Nav and Strobes, this was on the BA Airbus!

Hello Rocketeer,

Which lights do you refer to on the wings as I switched them all on internally on the overhead and see the Nav and Strobes, this was on the BA Airbus!

When I was refering to winglights, I meant the lights mounted on the front part of the fuselage, then when turned on illuminate the slats.

This is mostly standard procedure upon takeoff and/or landing, in order to check for any ice-build up etc.

• Aerosoft

When I was refering to winglights, I meant the lights mounted on the front part of the fuselage, then when turned on illuminate the slats.

This is mostly standard procedure upon takeoff and/or landing, in order to check for any ice-build up etc.

I know the lights you refer to. The lighting system of FSX however is extremely limited and what is available is bugged like no other part. We spend a loooooong time on getting the landing lights as we think they should be, but extending that to other lights was nearly impossible.

I know the lights you refer to. The lighting system of FSX however is extremely limited and what is available is bugged like no other part. We spend a loooooong time on getting the landing lights as we think they should be, but extending that to other lights was nearly impossible.

Hi Mathijs,

I am well aware that the lights you've used in your Airbus X are the best I have experienced in FSX so far, and I'm not surprised that this was very hard work.

Although there might be a lot of work and re-engineering to do, it would definitely be an awesome upgrade and bring us closer to the airbus feeling.

Many developers, such as CLS or QWSim, were able to integrate the winglight system into their aircrafts, but I understand that the lights à la Aerosoft would certainly be a challenging task.

Anyways I do hope the brains behind this project will come up with a solution of some sort.

Hoping for three greens, Rocketeer

• 2 months later...

the winglight switch works , so i use it lol

lol light... = 8, 54.41, 0.00, 2.50, fx_vclight , or fx_vclighth the 8 is for winglights , i have the wing lights , , even the engine lights and i have a light like that in my vc well still searching the right place for it lol. meenwhile the fuses get hot lol.

i olso added the default gps in 2d to look up for the ils freqencies

for people that want winglights and if the want to search a pen in the cocpit at night.. heres the solution.

well wing lights , the outer side of the wings on the upper side are lit , you can see the alerions and slats moving at night , i did not checkt it yet inflight , maybe wingflex will change the effect becos the light is not connencted to the wingfllex.

--------------------------------------------------------

step one

go to the effects folder and open fx_vclighth (wel if you are unsure just make a copy of that file and put it in a folder on your desktop.)

with note pad. scroll down , under ParticleAttributes

and look wat i changed, do the same and save the file.

Bounce=1.00 //0.0

Color Start=40, 40, 41, 1 //100, 100, 100, 1

Color End=130, 130, 131, 0 //200, 150, 100, 0

when done save the file

step one is foor nice realistic light reflection. like a TL light and not a glow light , lol

-----------------------

step 2

go to simobjects , airplanes , and choose your airbus x where you want the winglights and special bright light in the cocpit. euh a A321 please lol

copy the aircraft cfg file and put it in a folder named originalairbusx. becose maybe you wil be soo stupid to change things without notice it, example opening a site or email and typing accidently or removing accidently things in the aircraft config and then you save it , then you can reistall the hole thing just for the aircraft cfg lol , so just make a copy of it and place it in a other folder on your desktop , lol,

in the aircraft config , scroll down until you see , LIGHTS well if you opened a a320 its under the 320 lights , but im not shure they are on the right place for the 320 its for the a321

then add these lines

light.8 = 8, 58.41, 0.00, 0.00, fx_vclighth ,

light.9 = 8, -14.0, 49.8, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

light.10 = 8, -14.0, -49.8, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

if you dont want a special light in the cocpit , add these lines

light.8 = 8, -14.0, 49.8, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

light.9 = 8, -14.0, -49.8, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

when done save the file.

for those of you that try it with the a320 i am not shure the lights will be a the right place , but for mé the a321 has winglights, and a nice light in the cocpit for if you are searching your pen at night,lol

--------------------------------

step 3 start fsx at night, lol and check those winglights , lol

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have tryed the step 2 from caseystef for the A320 CFM. With these adaptation, I have a perfect result:

light.8 = 8, 44.44, 0.00, 0.00, fx_vclighth ,

light.9 = 8, -14.0, 49.15, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

light.10 = 8, -14.0, -49.15, 1.5, fx_vclighth ,

Thank you caseystef. Sometime light in the cokpit is a good think !