AFS 02.2011 update?

janda

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Indeed indeed and as I will be offline next week it's best that I write something now. Not that I will be writing something useful, though. See I can't say much. The project is NOT stopped and still in daily progress. For commercial reasons however I simply cannot comment at this moment. These projects take several years so what I can say is that we are not yet in the beta stage!

Sorry for this cloak and dagger stuff, it's just how these things go.

• Aerosoft

Hi Mathijs!

Good to hear the project is alive ;).

Maybe you can say if the actual programming has started or not?

Best regards,

Emmanuel Kurz

It's easy to say yes to that. But most of what's done right now is very much shared between FS2004 / FSX / X plane (yeah!) / professional projects and AFS 201something.

Thanks for the quick answer! :)

But I dont quite get what you mean with "shared". Do you mean (programming / and furthermore technical) experience you gather with developing current projects (Addons FS9/FSX, professional, ...)?

Best regards.

It's easy to say yes to that. But most of what's done right now is very much shared between FS2004 / FSX / X plane (yeah!) / professional projects and AFS 201something.

if you could explain this ..... I don`t get it...

p.s I`m glad to hear AFS is going well :) but was sure to hear more about it, not only " Hey guys Project is alive and we are happy"....

brds

Martin

hello Mathijs,

that`s all for update? not even a word on AFS subforum?

- by the way.. AFS forum should be clean from tons of outdated information and topics..

brds

Martin

hello Mathijs,

that`s all for update? not even a word on AFS subforum?

- by the way.. AFS forum should be clean from tons of outdated information and topics..

brds

Martin

Sorry Martin but whats wrong with the answer? Mathijs stated that he simply can't explain in further depth. Most likely because of licenses and this lets someone think it has to do with the professional projects Aerosoft is doing.

Or do you ask Apple when the new iOS comes out or Mercedes what their next car will look like?

Thats business nothing more nothing less and nothing personal. There are agreements involved which are simply not for public.

Best regards

Emmanuel Kurz

• Upvote 1

Or do you ask Apple when the new iOS comes out or Mercedes what their next car will look like?

I agree with your answer to janda, but yes I do ask them and they give me more or less clear answer.

Hi!

Yeah sure they tell you something because they want you to stay tuned to buy it somedays (product).

But they won't tell you what exact features you will get. Otherwise tech blogs like engadget wouldn't need their informants for the newest news ;).

Best regards!

Emmanuel Kurz

Sorry Martin but whats wrong with the answer? Mathijs stated that he simply can't explain in further depth. Most likely because of licenses and this lets someone think it has to do with the professional projects Aerosoft is doing.

Thats business nothing more nothing less and nothing personal. There are agreements involved which are simply not for public.

Best regards

Emmanuel Kurz

ok, I pass :)

brds

Martin