graphics fault

gigabyte

Hello Shaun, recently I had to reinstall FSX and other software including Aerosoft Mega airports EHAM, EBBR, EDDF, ESSA. All installed no problems, today I took delivery of KBOS and ENGM(Oslo) CD versions. KBOS installed OK. on installing Oslo and opening sim at Oslo active runway threshhold the runway had large portions of black shading which was tearing and the FSX vehicles were just blobs of black or white undefined cars and lorries. I un-installed and reinstalled but the problem remained. In view of the fact that this software is the only one giving problems, bearing in mind I am no expert on these matters, I feel there is a fault in downloading to CD on the production side, other than that, can you please advise. Both airports have been registered. Many thanks. Gigabyte.

Hi,

if you have "Preview DirectX 10" enabled in the FSX settings try to switch it off and see if that helps.

Hello Jo, thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested and the problem went away. However, I am disappointed that the Directx.10 has to be switched off for this airport, bearing in mind that as far as being in the Mega class it must be at the bottom of the pile as airports such as EHAM EDDF AND EGLL to name a few all work with Directx.10 enabled. The inconvenience is, remembering to switch off before using ENGM. I hope Aerosoft take cognicence of this post for future reference. Gigabyte.

Hello Jo, thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested and the problem went away. However, I am disappointed that the Directx.10 has to be switched off for this airport, bearing in mind that as far as being in the Mega class it must be at the bottom of the pile as airports such as EHAM EDDF AND EGLL to name a few all work with Directx.10 enabled. The inconvenience is, remembering to switch off before using ENGM. I hope Aerosoft take cognicence of this post for future reference. Gigabyte.

Hello Gigabyte,

Last time I looked EGLL didn't work with DX10 Preview Mode.

Mainly as its a preview mode and has its fair share of issues then some developers wont develop for it.

Further to above, when Preview Directx.10 is disabled, the PMDG MD11 leading edge wings and engine fans become multi coloured, when enabled, the aircraft returns to normality. I am only making a suggestion here but I think the Preview issue is a problem that Aerosoft will have to look into regarding the ENGM as previously stated it does not arise in their other Mega Airports as far as my system is concerned. Gigabyte.