Huey X Paint Kit available

Hi,

One from Venezuela, an air arm that interests me. This is meant to be an H-model.

Have a good weekend all.

Thanks

Edit: Uploaded. Taking a break from the Huey.

post-36-078858200 1298055266_thumb.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

And heres the next that will be part of a 3 pack ;)

Can anyone tell me where on the textures that annoying white bit is in the middle of the windshield? Its driving me mad :blink:

post-26298-015374700 1298223925_thumb.jp

I can't answer where in the paint kit it is, but I assume you know it's part of the wire strike protection kit, as are the little framework pieces at the upper outside corner of the widshields.

Can anyone tell me where on the textures that annoying white bit is in the middle of the windshield? Its driving me mad

Hi,

I will have a quick play around with my kit to see if I can find. OK I have found the area you need to play with. it's the top part of the wire strike protection kit. Timm

post-6871-072192900 1298292528_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I will have a quick play around with my kit to see if I can find. OK I have found the area you need to play with. it's the top part of the wire strike protection kit. Timm

Awesome cheers Timm, much appreciated!

I am working on an "old and dirty" one now - something from South-America or Greece ? Here are two WIP-Shots to tease ......

And putting my small stencil data to good use as well :-)

This is my penultimate Huey (still WIP) to go with the CAF SAR CH118 (just need the time to sort the specular layers and alphas out). Now only one more to do and the foursome will be complete

post-26298-029299600 1298313339_thumb.jp

post-26298-036885000 1298313352_thumb.jp

post-26298-093572600 1298313366_thumb.jp

• Deputy Sheriffs

And putting my small stencil data to good use as well :-)

Perhaps this will help with the stencil. It's my Huey from late 1970 in Viet Nam (sure was younger looking, sigh). You can see the stencil is in two sizes. The last line of the top section is a bit hard to read, but says "NO. 68-16390". The lower section is in all caps and the first line reads "SERVICE THIS AIRCRAFT" with the rest of the text as you've seen elsewhere. Theis stencil is on the left side only. On most of the US Army repaints on this topic, they're on incorrectly placed on both dies.

Obviously, the logo just aft of "U.S. ARMY" was not stock. It's a CZ motorcycle logo (not too hard to tell my hobbies at the time, I suppose). You can also see a number of stencils around the door openings.

As you'll no doubt notice, the Vietnamese sign painter I hired (that was the crew chief's responsibility) misspelled "Warthog." At least he got my name right. blush.gif

It was common to also pick out the last three digits of the tail number on the fin with white, so of the complete stock black "16390" the last three were overpainted in white. The painter did a great job on that part.

Most (all?) Hueys "in country" at the time had dull orange painted horizontal stabs. I think we did that in the field. Also, some units used tactical markings (symbols) that reminded me of the old triangles, squares and circles of the WWII U.S. 8th Air Force (and others). Ours (B Troop, 3rd Squadron, 17th Cav) was a white equalateral triangle, point down, just forward of the stabs. Another troop in the squadron had a yellow horizontal bar centered on the triangle and I think another troop had a red bar. You can PM me if there's any other detail I can help with.

Dag - your stencil-work is awesome - it give this chopper a bit of "real life". Your Repaints are Inspiration and Orientation for me - realy great artwork. Unfortunatly, most of all "modern" Army-Helicopter use them very distant. Thanks for all your hard work on this Level of Detail.

Dirk

A bit more Progress - El Salvador Air Force come to life ......... Spec-maps redone, Signs added, Number also (it is not the original font but close enough (for me)). Some touches here and there and it should be done.

post-17307-097015600 1298336207_thumb.jp

Matt, that shot looks promising - looking forward to the weekend. My own Repaint of an "Fuerza Aerea Salvadorena"-Bird is ready. I think I will do a "Military-Pack" with two or three more Repaints.

Here is a shot of the final FAS-Bird.

post-17307-0-38665000-1298494245_thumb.j

Take a short Break from the Military-Pack - one of my choppers got his weekly "complete-cleaning" - but, uuuuuhhhhhh - the mechanics use to much from the "shampoo" - now all is very clean .........

I decide to make a nice "silver-metalic" Huey - just for fun flying at Airshows and so on. It`s one for the weekend, N-Registration ? BTW - can someone point out me to the texture of the rear seats - think they should get a new color.

post-17307-0-46392000-1298561089_thumb.j

And heres the next that will be part of a 3 pack ;)

Can anyone tell me where on the textures that annoying white bit is in the middle of the windshield? Its driving me mad :blink:

post-26298-015374700 1298223925_thumb.jp

Hey I'm doing one of those well... I choose tail 101.

I see yo are running into the same problems I am, there are a few wonky mapping issues; first the rear top vents on the engine nacelles aren't mapped individually so I'll have to live with yellow ones, second the inlet screen on the front nacelle is mapped to the inlet screens on the rear nacelle so if you're no careful you end up with some odd colors up front like I did, and i can't for the life of me figure out where the nav lights above the door or blade antenna on top are mapped aside from the fact that they are on Bell205-001. In the end I'll have to take alittle artistic license and change things a little, but then again the real CH-118 is a different model then this machine anyhow.

5478400654_a7010b4f55_b.jpg

The blade aerial is in the top left corner of 002 as shown (black area):) The vents were most fusrtating, I spent about 3 hours messing around with them to try and get them to work lol. I didnt have your problem with the inlet screens though.

post-26298-0-90401700-1298711142_thumb.j

Dag,

There certainly is an awesome selection from everyone now :)

Edit:

These are my 2 last Huey Griffin repaints:

60 Squadron Royal Air Force, Defence Helicopter FLying School based at RAF Shawbury

post-26298-0-92773600-1298758824_thumb.j post-26298-0-24540400-1298758839_thumb.j

84 Squadron Royal Air Force, Search And Rescue based at RAF Akrotiri (Cyprus)

post-26298-0-15688200-1298758871_thumb.j post-26298-0-22278900-1298758886_thumb.j

Still work in progress, these really will be my last Huey's for a while now!

PS - Shaun, do you think if we can get enough people to download these repaints, we would be able to convince the Dev's to make us a 412? :lol:

• Upvote 2