Huey X Paint Kit available

I'm sorry that your having trouble with the paintkit, but these are released as is and are not essentially part of the purchased product.

As you can see from the product itself and all the repaints that are now coming out it is indeed usable.

The problem I think lies in the fact you are having troubles working with it and Aerosoft cannot really be held responsible for that.

Maybe a little more time and experience and asking for help when you cant figure something out and one of the guys who are using it fine may jump to your rescue :)

Hi shaun

I'm not having any problems with the paint kit, I simply made the statement of that I was highly disappointed in the quality of it

to date I'm am painting after doing a rebuild of the kit , it just would been nice to see some more attention to detail in it

Question to Aerosoft Team. I found a cube at the Huey. What function has this cube?

That's the housing of the LDNS (Doppler Navigation) antenna. »DO NOT PAINT«

Cheers,

ROB

Hi,

Just adding some more arrogance here:

I see all default texture folders for the Huey contains all textures for the helo, yet there is still a texture.cfg ??

A texture.cfg serves the purpose of "telling" the model where to look for textures assigned to it, should they not be in the paint-specific texture folder.

The Huey texture folders contains a texture.cfg that reads:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

The above serves no purpose, it does not refer to any Huey specific texture folder for "picking up" fallback/common textures. It could have been left out completely as all needed textures are in the specific texture folders.

The Bell 205 has something like 60 textures assigned and the UH-1D has 54 or so. For the one I'm painting now I use the HEER 73+78 as a source for common textures that are not specific to my paint (bump-maps, interiour textures and such).

For that I have made a texture.cfg reading like this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft_Bell UH1D\Texture.73+78

fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

Notice the number of dots and backslashes in the "fallback.1=" line and the specific reference to what aircraft I am "borrowing" textures from. The net result of this is 8 dds textures (incl speculars) in my Texture.LUFTWAFFE folder. To be quite honest there should have been a common textures folder in this products and working texture.cfgs.

Thanks

Dag

The other repaint request represents the old German Armed Forces Livery like the one showed here.

I don't know if "letting the cable cutters disappear" works somehow since those were not present on German UH-1Ds before 1987.

Thanks,

ROB

post-29665-002501200 1297272959_thumb.jp

a screenshot about the Austrian Ciao Bella

if someone wants to make this fancy paintjob, i can try to get more pictures about her.

Please login to display this image.

cheers

Jaeger

Hi,

Here are some WIP shots of the Luftwaffe UH-1D I have been working on for the past couple of days. Unit is HTG-64.

My apologies for the following.

- Foot-step markings (white lines) on the rear fuselage are mis-located due to the fact that panel detail and bump mapping have the foot-steps at the wrong location. If panel lines, rivets and shading were separate layers I could have fixed this with new bump maps and all.

- Outer edge of horizontal tail surfaces should have been yellow but they seem to be mapped to the trailing edge of the tail planes and I did not want all yellow trailing edges on the tailplanes to achieve this.

- Rear attachment point of the VOR "towel rack" antennas on the rear of the tail boom appears yellow. This should have been the main fuselage colour but is mapped inside the yellow tailband area somewhere.

- The lower iron cross is located too much forward. This is due to the fact that the sides of the box like fairing/antenna on the lower fwd fuselage is mapped to an area just in front of this box.

- The stencilled text on the tail rotor axle tunnel should only appear on the left hand side but appears on both sides. This is due to the left hand side texture being mapped to both sides of the tail rotor axle tunnel.

I find the repaint kit very useful but would have liked to have a layer showing wireframe-representations of all parts.

Another curiosity is the tail skid. If you apply an alpha channel to the diffuse texture where this part is mapped, it becomes partly transparent. Apply all black (RGB 0-0-0) and it dissapears. Would have been a very nice feature to have for the wire-cutters :D

Thanks

post-36-065408600 1297341237_thumb.jpg

post-36-099647500 1297341249_thumb.jpg

post-36-039602100 1297341261_thumb.jpg

Hi Dag, the texture tip is a nice one. Nice paints of the Luftwaffe. Have you seen HueyRob´s post with the HEER request (#84)? I think you are the man for this paint ;)

Hi Dag, the texture tip is a nice one. Nice paints of the Luftwaffe. Have you seen HueyRob´s post with the HEER request (#84)? I think you are the man for this paint ;)

Yep, I could well do the Heersflieger one. We'll see.

Thanks for the kind words :rolleyes:

Dag, this repaint looks stunning.

When will it be available?

Most likely by early tomorrow. I need to make a thumbnail and a readme plus I just got myself a 3-monitor Eyefinity setup and have way too much fun with that:-)

PS: I might modify the flight suits to orange with white helmets. I need to have a look at how to do that.

• Upvote 1

Diese genehm?

1168671.jpg

Only a few minutes in the download section. 72+80 from the Heeresfliegerwaffenschule Bueckeburg

And one Tip for Painters of Bundeswehr paints. If you use Gimp, the Numbers (XX+XX) are rotated with -4 degrees ;) The font is DIN Mittelschrift and have a size of 44

post-18358-039046200 1297370296_thumb.jp