Huey X Paint Kit available

Not really sure... I do not see the ones in the movie are like the preview he posted

U.S Army UH-1 clean

U.S Army UH-1 weathered

U.S Army UH-1 medevac

Only thing holding me up are the tail rotor textures

UH1med.jpg

U.S Army UH-1 clean

U.S Army UH-1 weathered

U.S Army UH-1 medevac

Only thing holding me up are the tail rotor textures

Cool! I just did not see the title of "United States Army" on the ones in the movie... Thanks a lot, great work!

There is also WIP on this one (not me, few days i guess):

post-7934-090653600 1296935182_thumb.jpg

There are a few details that needs to be separated from the background if you're using the multiply option, with the paint layer as a normal layer but that will take about 2 minutes on each psd. What exactly do you mean by " proberly mapped" ? If a repainter cannot use this kit, he is no repainter, as far as I'm concerned. I find it refreshing not to have 150+ layers on a psd these days, too many are distributing their unedited master textures and that is turning off a lot of painters.

Good kit, that's my verdict. Add what's needed by yourselves :-)

Thanks

Dag

ive been biting my tongue on this for the past week...

I tend to disagree, while experienced painters can work this, there are still a vast range of others out there from beginners to no so advanced, to make the remark " If a repainter cannot use this kit, he is no repainter, as far as I'm concerned" is very arrogant. You dont need to have a kit that has 100000s of layers. Some of the best kits out there can be done with a hand full of layers

Me personally,im dissapointed with this release as i detest paintkits in this format where you multiply the main texture and the kits that lack detail, to me its just a lazy attempt of a kit but thats my veiw and my view alone. Since I mainly paint than fly its quite a let down but im properly being anal about it but for me i didnt pay to fly it i paid to paint it, now what annoys me more is the fact i have to create a paint kit when i was hoping for a half decent one.

Hopefully down the track the next release has a little more in the kit than the current kit

• Upvote 3

I tend to disagree, while experienced painters can work this, there are still a vast range of others out there from beginners to no so advanced, to make the remark " If a repainter cannot use this kit, he is no repainter, as far as I'm concerned" is very arrogant. You dont need to have a kit that has 100000s of layers. Some of the best kits out there can be done with a hand full of layers

Me personally,im dissapointed with this release as i detest paintkits in this format where you multiply the main texture and the kits that lack detail, to me its just a lazy attempt of a kit but thats my veiw and my view alone. Since I mainly paint than fly its quite a let down but im properly being anal about it but for me i didnt pay to fly it i paid to paint it, now what annoys me more is the fact i have to create a paint kit when i was hoping for a half decent one.

Hopefully down the track the next release has a little more in the kit than the current kit

I'm no painter, all I know is there are some great paints coming out for this chopper :) Thanks to those painters.

Travis

I'm no painter, all I know is there are some great paints coming out for this chopper :) Thanks to those painters.

Travis

dont get me wrong, this format just means you need to spend more time on a single paint where a decent format aids you in painting

• Upvote 1

Arrogant..... okay then. Thanks :-)

• Upvote 1