Huey X Paint Kit available

• Aerosoft

In the Update section of our website you can now find a simple paint kit for the Huey X. The files are in standard layered PSD format with a wireframe overlay. We included the set of VC textures that has English decals. Please note that you need your product registered to see the updates for any product!

When you got repaints done please share them in our forum download section so we can inform other users of your work!

post-43-029968800 1296659852_thumb.jpg

One additional note from my side:

If an original texture folder contains also a texture with "x" in the name, for example "Bell205-002x", keep booth of them.

That means. the x version should be identical to the normal one.

(At least I think so. The structure was made 2 years ago, lol)

Have fun with painting, and don't shoot me, if you get a few little troubles at one or another place. Painting this thing is not that easy, because seams are not always clean, but I know you talented guys will find a way :-)

Bests Joachim

When you said simple paintkit you weren't kidding. I can see why it's stated, painting this thing is not easy. Go figure. A properly mapped kit would have helped immensely.

Thanks nonetheless.

• Upvote 2

Well, it's indeed very easy to use. All you have to do is to choose the layer option 'multiply' within your paint program!

post-5517-035089600 1296668177_thumb.jpg.

Thanks for the paintkit!

Greetings

Tim

Tim your not wrong there. Its very simple really. Alternatively you can use a remove white tool ;) Which is my prefered method.

Thats looking good too Tim

Edit: heres a sneaky peaky at what im working on at the moment :P

post-26298-097581100 1296677866_thumb.jp

Still a lot to be done yet

Can't wait for some repaints. If I ever get around to buying a good paint or photo editor I may take up the hobby, but those programs run too steep for me. In the meantime, if anyone is taking requests, I have a few suggestions:

Please login to display this image.

Can't wait for some repaints. If I ever get around to buying a good paint or photo editor I may take up the hobby, but those programs run too steep for me. In the meantime, if anyone is taking requests, I have a few suggestions:

You don´t have to buy a photo editior. Try GIMP or PAINT.NET <_<

I use FS Repaint or sometimes FSX Model Viewer to see changes made in textures while doing a repaint.

For example, to match up lines.

Using these programs saves me time by not having to load up FSX everytime to see a change.

I have activated 'Huey X', but it is blocking these programs from viewing the exterior.

Is there a way this could be fixed please?

When you said simple paintkit you weren't kidding. I can see why it's stated, painting this thing is not easy. Go figure. A properly mapped kit would have helped immensely.

Thanks nonetheless.

There are a few details that needs to be separated from the background if you're using the multiply option, with the paint layer as a normal layer but that will take about 2 minutes on each psd. What exactly do you mean by " proberly mapped" ? If a repainter cannot use this kit, he is no repainter, as far as I'm concerned. I find it refreshing not to have 150+ layers on a psd these days, too many are distributing their unedited master textures and that is turning off a lot of painters.

Good kit, that's my verdict. Add what's needed by yourselves :-)

Thanks

Dag

• Upvote 2

There are a few details that needs to be separated from the background if you're using the multiply option, with the paint layer as a normal layer but that will take about 2 minutes on each psd. What exactly do you mean by " proberly mapped" ? If a repainter cannot use this kit, he is no repainter, as far as I'm concerned. I find it refreshing not to have 150+ layers on a psd these days, too many are distributing their unedited master textures and that is turning off a lot of painters.

Good kit, that's my verdict. Add what's needed by yourselves :-)

Thanks

Dag

My sentiments exactly

• Upvote 1

Out standing repaint Tim! Heres mine. No doubt not 100% accurate, but my interpritation of it anyway. I know in my screen shot I have a Playboy bunny facing the wrong way :blush: I've alread ammended that.

In the film

playboy_huey-1.jpg

huey_01.jpg

I liked Tim's repaint so much I made a video with it. Nice showcase of the bird and its performance abilities. I hope you all enjoy.

Great video! Glad you like the repaint :)

Greetings

Tim