Why Zurich?

Waleed

Popping into the Pre-order section today, I was surprised to notice that Mega airport Zurich is listed:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11741&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

I mention this because Zurich is already available, and am curious as to what this is all about.

Thanks for the info.

Well I guess what he meant is, that there allready is the payware version by FSDT and the freeware version by FreeZ, to be honest I also can't see a need for another LSZH scenery.

• Upvote 2

Peter Werlitz is the developer, so it must be an new inhouse product. As there is already mentioned, I also cannot see the sense of such a new release. Are there really no more main airports left, that Aerosoft does a remake of an already nearly perfect Zurich scenery ???

If you need another western-european destiny than better concentrate on Italy ! Peter Werlitz + LIRF/Rome would make perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Bernhard

• Upvote 1

Peter Werlitz is the developer, so it must be an new inhouse product. As there is already mentioned, I also cannot see the sense of such a new release.

Bernhard

Maybe they just publish it? Or there is a demand for a higher level product....

Peter Werlitz is one of the developers of the Airport Bern-Belp.

It could be possible that Aerosoft will release a Boxed-Version of Zurich X Live by FreeZ. They decided to release there FSX-Version as payware

• Aerosoft

Peter Werlitz is one of the developers of the Airport Bern-Belp.

It could be possible that Aerosoft will release a Boxed-Version of Zurich X Live by FreeZ. They decided to release there FSX-Version as payware

Peter is fully employed by Aerosoft as the main person responsible for scenery aimed at the German (and German sounding) speaking countries. That's at least 50% of the scenery products.

Will ask him to comment, For now let's not guess too much.

• Aerosoft

Ehm, MAP Zürich??? Shouldn't the next MAP be Düsseldorf after Munich?

Depends on which one is ready first!

We do not tend to pressure developers too much, just does not work. Certainly when the products are not done internally we just ship them as we get them.

The Zürich on the market is GREAT! Why cannibalize another developer in this small niche? As another person pointed out, there are almost no good Italian sceneries. Why not make an italian airport, Bergamo in the north to fly our Ryanair PMDG NGX into? MAP Rome would also be great!

..... As another person pointed out, there are almost no good Italian sceneries. Why not make an italian airport, Bergamo in the north to fly our Ryanair PMDG NGX into? MAP Rome would also be great!

That's it!! But unfortunatly Mathijs (and also FSDT) has mentioned often in the past, that the market with italian airports is difficult coz of the high pirat risk in that country. But maybe if they will find no other west-european anymore to design, they will change their mind.

It could be possible that Aerosoft will release a Boxed-Version of Zurich X Live by FreeZ. They decided to release there FSX-Version as payware.

That makes sense. Peter Werlitz has also converted Lissaboa from FS9 to FSX, so maybe he will help to convert Zurich FreeZ into FSX and it will be published by Aerosoft.

Bernhard

That's it!! But unfortunatly Mathijs (and also FSDT) has mentioned often in the past, that the market with italian airports is difficult coz of the high pirat risk in that country. But maybe if they will find no other west-european anymore to design, they will change their mind.

That makes sense. Peter Werlitz has also converted Lissaboa from FS9 to FSX, so maybe he will help to convert Zurich FreeZ into FSX and it will be published by Aerosoft.

Bernhard

Hello,

I work for some time on a completely new provided scenery for Zurich (only in the FSX). It is not a conversion of FreeZ. The fact that now FreeZ comes as FSX version nevertheless still on the market surprised us somewhat. :huh:

• Aerosoft

Just to be completely clear.

Mega Airport Zurich is complete new internal development by Aerosoft. We know there are others available but we had enough (commercial) reasons to start a new development. We tend to spend little time on what is already available, it is not so important to us, certainly not in the boxed market that many forum readers underestimate. Comments like "Why cannibalize another developer in this small niche" are totally beside the point. We see a market for our project, it is in fact a project without any risk for us. If this niche would be filled by our esteemed competitors that market would not be there. Do note that next to the quality of the product, distribution plays a major role in this. We are able to get our products to the customers.

Also keep in mind that we got a large professional department, that has it's own requirements! It is much easier to have the airports for professional use done internally. Our version will include the new B terminal btw.

Just to be completely clear.

Mega Airport Zurich is complete new internal development by Aerosoft. We know there are others available but we had enough (commercial) reasons to start a new development. We tend to spend little time on what is already available, it is not so important to us, certainly not in the boxed market that many forum readers underestimate. Comments like "Why cannibalize another developer in this small niche" are totally beside the point. We see a market for our project, it is in fact a project without any risk for us. If this niche would be filled by our esteemed competitors that market would not be there. Do note that next to the quality of the product, distribution plays a major role in this. We are able to get our products to the customers.

Also keep in mind that we got a large professional department, that has it's own requirements! It is much easier to have the airports for professional use done internally. Our version will include the new B terminal btw.

I understand the reasons, although i do not like them:) When I posted my post yesterday, I did think about the professional and boxed marked at the back of my head, but I wrote the msg, as a hobby electronic customer of FSDT and Aerosoft.

BTW: Are Aerosoft products used in full motion simulators?

Hi Lathijs, Please make sure it is compatible with swiss pro fsx and u have a customer, the "competition" isnt (they just delete a HUGE zone of autogen around the airport to get some fps back that they wasted on loosly moddeled building) and for me it is a non stater. Etienne

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi Lathijs, Please make sure it is compatible with swiss pro fsx and u have a customer, the "competition" isnt (they just delete a HUGE zone of autogen around the airport to get some fps back that they wasted on loosly moddeled building) and for me it is a non stater. Etienne

I'll forward that request to the developers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

one question. Will it only be programmed for the FSX or will be there a FS9 version to?

Best regards

Christian

Preorder Page says FSX only .... but it did for Paris Orly, too.

So there might be a chance of 1 % :P