V1.20 full installer buggy...

McGoose

Hi there,

I've got a problem installing the Catalina V1.20 full package.

After reinstalling FSX ACC, I randomly picked the Cat first for installation.

When the routine tries to add the scenery to FSX, this message comes up:

PBY Catalina X - Install Shield Wizard

"ERROR with edit FSCategories.xml..the Mission is not available."

Well, the mission is actually there, but it looks like the V1.20 installer is not able to add the mission when there was no "Aerosoft Flights" entry before.

After uninstalling the Catalina the original FSCategories.xml is wrecked, leaving a 5 byte file (content: ഼) and every other addon which tries to add missions will struggle.

It was handy that I kept the V1.11 installer, un- and reinstalled FSX, then applied V1.11 to vanilla FSX ACC without any issues (uninstall also kept my FSCategories.xml intact).

I haven't noticed this bug before, as I never installed the Cat first and the last time I used V1.20 was to upgrade installed V1.11.

Can this be fixed?

Cheers

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just purchased the Catalina as a download. The download was version 1.0 and after installing I was emailed to download again as there was an update. The new download was version 1.2. So I uninstalled the original 1.0 and installed the version 1.2. I got the same message "ERROR with edit FSCategories.xml..the Mission is not available." mentioned above. I didn't get this with the V1.0 installer. I checked the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder and there was an empty folder named "AerosoftCat". I found a download containing the mission files in the support section so downloaded them and dropped them in the "AerosoftCat" folder. The Comox Mission shows up in FSX but is not categorised. I thought I should mention this as there still seems to be a problem with the V1.2 installer not installing the mission files. What was the additional text that would have been added to the FSCategories.xml if the mission files were correctly installed?

Regards,

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...