HUEY X and controller setup

Finn

Greetings,

I tried above without any luck.

The only derivation I noted was my last step, checking the saved file. I have a .cfg file in 'mydocuments' but can not find the app data. No problem with over aerosoft downloads.

I have controls working except rudder.

Rudder is enabled, and properties checks out OK.

No change with Launcher Version 1.0.0.7 tool

FSX install path "C\:Program Files(x86):\Microsoft games

OS Windows 7 Hme Premium 64-bit

Interl Core i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz

RAM 8GB

HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick. Saitek rudder with toe breaks. Most recent drivers and SST downloaded.

Have tried to run as admin.

Can hear clicks with switches.

Prior to Launcher had rudder and throttle but no X or Y. Now I have X, Y and throttle but no rudder. Have tried several permutations of joystick configs and eliminated all other axes in FSX settings. I have tried eliminating the toe breaks from FSX settings, this bring me from four options to one under the aerosoft joystick config options, but axis Z is still not an option anywhere, and no change in FSX.

Null zones set max left. Sensitivity set max right.

Thank you,

Look forward to getting in the air

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings,

I tried above without any luck.

The only derivation I noted was my last step, checking the saved file. I have a .cfg file in 'mydocuments' but can not find the app data. No problem with over aerosoft downloads.

I have controls working except rudder.

Rudder is enabled, and properties checks out OK.

No change with Launcher Version 1.0.0.7 tool

FSX install path "C\:Program Files(x86):\Microsoft games

OS Windows 7 Hme Premium 64-bit

Interl Core i7 CPU 975 @ 3.33GHz

RAM 8GB

HOTAS Warthog throttle and stick. Saitek rudder with toe breaks. Most recent drivers and SST downloaded.

Have tried to run as admin.

Can hear clicks with switches.

Prior to Launcher had rudder and throttle but no X or Y. Now I have X, Y and throttle but no rudder. Have tried several permutations of joystick configs and eliminated all other axes in FSX settings. I have tried eliminating the toe breaks from FSX settings, this bring me from four options to one under the aerosoft joystick config options, but axis Z is still not an option anywhere, and no change in FSX.

Null zones set max left. Sensitivity set max right.

Thank you,

Look forward to getting in the air

Did you try the procedure written at the very beginning of this thread.

Since it is probably just me doing something silly, I attached images of my FSX settings and comfigure settings. I have tried quite a number of different setting options within the configure program.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jon

post-44392-0-17191200-1310933598.png

post-44392-0-94751200-1310933608.png

post-44392-0-41389900-1310933618.png

post-44392-0-88967400-1310933627.png

post-44392-0-20532100-1310933637.png

post-44392-0-42128400-1310933647.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a very long time and my bird is still on the ground as beautiful as she is.

I'm not angry, but if this is not going to work should I just ask for a refund?

Regards,

Jon

Well its been a very long time and my bird is still on the ground as beautiful as she is.

I'm not angry, but if this is not going to work should I just ask for a refund?

Regards,

Jon

Not sure If I asked before but do you have a twist grip on the Joystick handle and also have "Auto-Rudder" unchecked.

Not sure If I asked before but do you have a twist grip on the Joystick handle and also have "Auto-Rudder" unchecked.

Thank you for responding.

No twist grip.

I have a Thrustmaster HJOTAS Warthog and Saitek peddles. Software updated.

Auto-rudder is unchecked.

Thank you for responding.

No twist grip.

I have a Thrustmaster HJOTAS Warthog and Saitek peddles. Software updated.

Auto-rudder is unchecked.

Let me ask if Finn can shed some light as to why its not detecting your rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late reply..

It seems some people has troubles with the Huey X not recognising their controllers.

The Huey has a custom module for a more advanced flight model which seem to cause this.

I have asked the developer of the module to look into it, but has not heard anything yet.

Later today, when I come home, I can post some files that can be regarded as a stopgap solution.

The fix removes the module and adds code to make the VC controls move acording to Your controller inputs.

Stay tuned until later...

Finn

Ok...as promised.....

EDIT **** This fix is ONLY for those with Huey X controller issues !!! ********

Download this file: Huey_Ctrl_fix.zip

Extract the files into:

\...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft\Aerosoft_Bell UH1D\panel\ folder.

If You want to return to original state open the Panel.cfg and change these lines:

//gauge06=HueyFCA!Main, 0, 0, 1, 1

gauge06=FCTRL_BYPASS!FCTRL_BYPASS, 0, 0, 1, 1

To look like these:

gauge06=HueyFCA!Main, 0, 0, 1, 1

//gauge06=FCTRL_BYPASS!FCTRL_BYPASS, 0, 0, 1, 1

NOTE!

This fix bypasses the custom coded realistic flighmodel module.

This means that You won´t feel the more realistic Yaw indiced torque or retreating blade stall etc.

The Huey will fly more or less like the default helicopters.

An option could be to use HTR (Helicopter Total Realism) instead:

http://www.hovercont...r_Total_Realism

We cannot give any support to HTR though.

Best regards

Finn

Hello Finn,

first of all thank you for the file you just offered in order to get things working.

I have installed the file.

The Huey X is now flyable for me and the stick and the rudder are working in the VC,

but i have noticed, that the stick is not centered and corresponding to that the Rotor head is also not centered wich looks very weird.

But first off all to my Huey X story:

I have bought the Huey X as a download Version 1.10 this weekend at the German Aerosoft Download shop. They have offered it with a 20% bargain to the original price.

Now I know why.

First thing upon installation was the Laucher. The Huey X installed Lauchner Version 1.0.0.5 which is definetly outdated.

At this time I already had the Laucher Version 1.0.0.8 installed on my PC, but Huey X installed the old version without noticing the new one.

Very "funny". So I had to manually install the newest version again.

After starting the Huey X in FSX guess what came next:

I am a customer of the 1% (as you say it is only 1 % of the customers with these problems) where the Huey x is unflyable as stated by many users before.

So I went to the joystick program which is included in the installer now and started to program the axis of my joystick as stayted in the documentation.

Now the Huey X was flyable for my, but off course the visible rudder movement in the VC as well as the rotor head movement dissapeared.

Next was the new published Huey_Ctrl_fix.zip

I have downloaded and installed this as well. I already mentioned the result above.

I am frustrated now with the Huey X

The last thing to mention:

Here in the English speaking forum you find lots of hints and support for the Huey X. On the German forum you will find nearly nothing.

A phone call with the German Support Section in Paderborn was also not satisfactory. I once more used to think that Aerosoft Paderborn does not know anything about their products.

You guys on the English forum are much much better informed and do a much much better support than the German forum. Sometimes it is realy useless to have a look in the german forum.

If there are answers you will find them here on the English forum. Well done Sirs.

That's it from my side so far.

Any further solutions on this topic ??

Best regards,

Joerg

Joerg...

Are You sure Your joystick is properly calibrated ?

The cyclic stick position is now read directly from FSX's joystick inputs - so it should be centered.

I will forward Your report on the Launcher version to the guys responsible.

I´m sorry about the frust it has created, but I hope that the Huey_Ctrl_Fix files will help You.

Please report back if You still can´t get the stick properly centered.

Finn

Hello Finn,

thank you for your answer.

My Joystick is properly calibrated (a CH Products Fighterstick USB by the way).

I do not have any problems with the joystick in FSX.

I think you missunderstand my "problem"

The Joystick is calibrated an centered properly. The Huey X is reacting normal. It flies stable now.

It is just a problem with the animations of the stick in the VC, as well as the rotor head. These parts have a total deflection to the left. They are not centered at all.

Of course the move and are not static any longer.

It is just looking weird. I can fly the Huey X so far.

I used to think that this must be related to the file you published.

When I installed the Huey X from the scratch all animated parts where perfectly centered and animated, but the Huey X was not flyable for me.

Now is is vice versa. Huey is flyabel but animations are not centered any more.

Weird isn't it ?

Maybe you will find a solution for that ?

Best regards, Joerg

• 3 months later...

Has there been any work on the controller issues with the module? I cannot fly the Huey with my Saitek X65F. I'm not sure if the above file fix was to be a temporary fix or one that was meant to be more permanent.

-Damien

• 1 month later...

At first my Huey behaved normally. Then loading it again it shook violently then just spun to the right out of control, so I checked it was calibrated. It was.

I seem to have mastered the 'spinning', but not sure why it behaved like that as the other aircraft did not receive false inputs.

Daniel

Archived