HUEY X and controller setup

Finn

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Finn!

I am waiting for the special module.

Is the purchase origin a "SimMarket.com" but is it possible to acquire a special module?

I think You misunderstood me...

the special module is allready in the current Huey X.

But we are in the process of making a tool for setting Your joystick axis' for that special module, since some customers have problems getting their joysticks to work with the Huey X.

Finn

Hey, recieved my Huey today and I like it pretty much, but the pedals seem to work reversed, visually and effectively. When I push the right pedal, the sim pushes the left pedal, and the aircraft turns left. Should be quite the other way around... I use the pedals of a Logitech Momo wheel and it works great on any other aircraft... Would be great if this could be solved. Well, if there will be a tool to setup the axes for the Huey, that should solve it, too. No problem with waiting for that one.

Well, just wanted to say that I got it to work correctly now by downloading a Logitech Profiler which enables me to reverse the pedals driver wise, don´t know how much this will affect other software, but I can fly the Huey for now! Makes me pretty much happy, a real nice bird, very gentle to fly, just the opposite of my R/C T-Rex 250...!

I am having a similar problem. I am using the new 1.10 build. Logitech Xtreme 3d Pro. Win7. Not using FSUIPC. All controls work fine except lateral cyclic motion is reversed. Joystick left equals cyclic right in game. Have tried everything discussed above. I have up to now been very happy with your product, but now I am seeing why so many people have been upset. Also, I do not feel that customers, even if it is a small percent, should have to completely reconfigure their settings for one aircraft. There has to be some flaw in your .DLL file that is not wanting to cooperate with certain combinations of controls. As everyone has different control combinations/systems/setups, I can imagine it would be difficult to replicate and solve each individual problem. However, I still feel this is kind of a big deal and probably requires a more concerted effort to fix. Your Huey is a great product. You guys really did some cool stuff with it. Unfortunately, I don't feel that it was quite ready to be released, and since it has, the flaws that have been found and the number of frustrated customers has taken a very large amount of polish off of the Aerosoft name. I have staunchly defended your product on forums like Hovercontrol, but my recent issues with your aircraft are starting to turn me in the other direction. There are alot of very unhappy customers out there. More so than there are happy ones, I'm afraid. It pains me to say this, but it's true. I know the helicopter community is a difficult one to please (especially since the release of the Dodosim 206), but controls functioning properly with hardware is a pretty basic need. ALOT of people are having these issues. Much more so than you are seeing on the forums. I have been bombarded with messages from several different forums/sites from people who are having issues.

Perhaps a publicly released Beta test version (perhaps with a limited use time per game start) could point out potential issues like this that could be fixed before the official release? They have been using that strategy for console games for years and it seems to work well. In any case, I am only trying to offer constructive criticism here so please don't get defensive and bite my head off (like some have already). Also, if anyone could help me solve my issues that would be nice too.

i have a Saitek X52 and Rudders

i am confused with the Z axies and Rudder settings

can anyone give me screenshots what it looks like on your end. i don't use fsuip thing

thank you very much

On Sunday night I installed the update 1.10 of the Huey-X but I still have the controller problems:

Stick and pedales don't work. Again I tried every combination and trick published in this forum without success! It's hard but I bought the Huey 4 weeks ago and still can not use it...

Can you please publish a definite date for a fix of this problem because a lot of your customers are waiting. Although you promised me the refund of my money I would prefer to have the Huey in my hangar!

Michael

Well guys,

seems that it´s not only 1 out of 100 with controller problems on the Huey X. Purchased the helo last weekend and....bammm: dead stick, horrible flight behaviour and all the other stuff described in the forum due to not get it right in the settings. I am simming since 1998 and even with the Dodosim Bell (in earlier times when I still used FS9 within which it was somehow tricky to do a controller setup to the helicopter) no probs in setting up the controllers.

I am using FSXA with a lot of free and payware addons without any issues. For helicopter flying the Logitec 3D, CH PEDALS and the CH Trottle Quad (for planes like the Twotter only ...to use the trottle quad for helicopters is to my opinion not suitable..but who likes....)

So for heli-simming most of us use a stick with the "slider" set up as the throttle. But no luck this time.

Few statements:

1. as the HueyX needs a special setup it´s not of any sense to make changes in FSX that affect every other helicopter or plane. No one is flying ONLY HueyX and wants to change configs or settings everytime he switches aircraft with the procedure of closing and restarting FSX.

2. other developers managed to implement special helicopter flight behaviors without making any changes to axis assignements in FSX(sorry to say - and I am in no way affiliated with Dodosim)

3. sound....well I was flying the Huey with the German Airforce (Ltg 61, Penzing). The warning sounds in the cockpit are somewhat strange, hmm? The characteristic rotor blade sound (flap-flap) of the Heuy is not implemented at all. Just take a second and listen to the above mentioned Bell 206...if you go in a dive or make tight turns or the wind direction changes and...flap-flap). Customers do not buy products only due to their fantastic skins (and the HueyX does have them indeed) but also due to cool and realistic sounds. This, together with scenery and real weather makes flightsimming so immersive.

Conclusion: Aerosoft did a good job in creating this helicopter, especially the skin/model, BUT

a) you should definitely think about a simple tool to config the settings to get the bird in the air (NO FSX.cfg changing before we fire the game up, NO changes that affect other addons permanently)...seen in the forum that you are already working on some fixing tool

B) go into the sounds and pimp them...it´s possible as described

c) don´t talk about costs...customers interested in heli-simming bought products beeing more expensive....given that the quality is VERY GOOD (see Bell 206). The ones who like to fly simple helicopters (concerning FDE) may choose to buy Nemeth designs

d) helicopter physics: don´t talk about "it´s not possible in FSX"....it is. Just check Dodo or the guys at Vertical reality simulation (VRS superbug F18).

I am a proud customer of aerosoft and I desperately hope that we get this HueyX flying with a simple tweak and some modifications in the near future.

Up to now it´s sitting in my hangar and the mechanics told me that they were missing parts :-)So I am grounded with my 27 Euros

Cheers

Willy

BTW: what axis asignements do you recommend for Logitech 3D stick (or similiar joystick)and ruderpedals (without use of throttle quad? Tried it on my own but again without luck

This is mostly directed at Willy:

The Dodosim developers, Mark and Simon, are both VERY talented guys with experience in that particular aircraft (B206). They did an exceptionally good job. Saying that what they did should be the new standard is a little rediculous. It took them YEARS to develop it. And they Huey they are working on is also taking years. It's been three years since development on the Huey began and there is still no end in sight. No doubt, when it does release it will probably be impeccable, but there are customers who are literally peeing their pants over the release date. The Dodo guys don't care, because it's more of a hobby and a passion to them than it is a source of income (one of the reasons it is taking so long is because they both have day jobs and do the Dodo stuff in their spare time). They will release it when they deem it is done. Aerosoft is a company that sells simulator additions. They write their paychecks to their employees from revenue generated by their products. How are they expected to make any money selling a product that took 3-5 years to develop and selling for $35? I am imagining some poor developer in a dumpy apartment somewhere eating Ramen Noodles, pasty from no sun, and hoping he sees a paycheck soon. Let's be reasonable here. Of course Aerosoft could have done better on the Huey (given unlimited time and resources). But they needed to reach a point where they could call it good and get it out the door. So it's not perfect. Neither is the Dodo 206. I have real Jetranger time and though the Dodo is pretty damn close for a game, it's not perfect by any means.

I agree that the controller problem needs to be addressed, and that you should not need to reset all your settings just to get it to work. That other stuff is just extra fluff. It would be nice, but it's not required in my opinion to make it great. When my controls worked, I got alot of enjoyment out of flying the Huey. It feels like a Huey. Once again, it's not perfect, but It's close enough to be well worth the money (at least I felt that way untill my controls stopped working).

@ nights1ker

I totally agree with your post and I know well about the Dodo structures (Mark/Simon) and for sure I do not complain about a different "quality" with the HueyX (reasons in you post, Aerosoft is commercial, they are to make money of it and thats ok). But I do not agree with statements as "I can not be done in FSX" - it can as proofed by other developpers. But let´s leave it at that. The controller issue is the most annoying and it should be addressed and - hopefully will be adressed as promised. I definitely tried all recommended settings without success, maybe its due having multiple controllers (Yoke, Stick, Quad). We will see. When I rename the Huey_FCA I am able to fly the bird, ofcourse without the enhanced dynamics....thats ok with me until we get the odd controller thing sorted.

Thanks for answering.

Willy

All this talk about the ''Special setup'' effecting all other controls with all other aircraft is nonsence.

I have the huey, installed, activated with the installer, controls set up.Not 1` problem !!

I can fly the huey, land, switch to a plane and take off...not touching the controls setup.

I did have problems like everyone else, but after readin Finns post about controller setup, and following it to the letter, everything was fine.I also like many have loads of addon, and i didnt have to mess around with the control settings even after following finns post.Left rudder was left rudder, turn left the plane banks left, hit the flap button and the flaps deploy...no changes..

When you set the controls, load the huey at a runway, then go into the controls and set them up, exit , restart, ( see finns post (!!) ) and all was fine apart from the ruddder.The rudder would ''vibrate'' As in with left rudder it would try to move but then go back to neutral (very quickly givin a ''vibrating'' effect)

This to me was common sence telling me there was 2 axis assigned to the same control..Simply go to rudder control settings..clear or delete the assignment, and set it again. problem solved. Do the same if you have a dead stick.And remember after ANY changes to the controlss you need to restart the sim.

And, obviosly, when your setting the controls make sure you have the right controller selected in the drop down menu within fsx control menu.(select ''Saitek Rudder Pedals'' from the drop down menu(or your controller for rudder), then along the top, select control axes,scroll down to ''Rudder axis'', double click it,where it asks you to select a control input, then move the axis you want for rudder)

I believe all this contol setup problems are down to incompitant computer users(or missing steps in finns post,overlooking things because you think it doesnt matter), being as there arnt many of you when you consider how many people are using it without problems..thats my opinion ( Go ahead, hit me with the -1 button, but if you do, have a set of balls and comment why..somthing like ''because the truth hurts'' will do) :lol:

I honestly hate how people can be "rated" on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though some people CAN be particularly annoying. I am very glad you have your controls working for you with the Huey. Unfortunately some people still have issues. You are right about the fact that a very small percentage of users don't have problems, and an even smaller percentage of people have problems after the fix that was given was tried. However, I have done every step in those instructions to the letter (and a few other things as well). I am a very seasoned flight simmer and even have built my own helicopter controls (I am not trying to use them with the Huey, so don't tell me that might be my problem). My point being: I know my way around the sim, settings, and making controls work. I have never had an issue like this I could not fix within a few minutes of playing around. I think this may be an issue with driver software or something (though I have updated my drivers to the latest version). Something within the huey's programming is not jiving with my joystick. For whatever reason, my lateral cyclic inputs are backwards and I cannot fix it (including the very simple trick of reversing the axis). I may have to buy a new joystick to enjoy the Huey, but I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT! My joystick works fine with everything else I have (and I have about every addon helicopter for FSX).

Oh, and please allow me to thank you for insulting my intelligence. I feel so much better now that I know I am an incompetent computer user. That explains everything! (By the way you misspelled incompetent).

Cheers!

All this talk about the ''Special setup'' effecting all other controls with all other aircraft is nonsence.

I have the huey, installed, activated with the installer, controls set up.Not 1` problem !!

I can fly the huey, land, switch to a plane and take off...not touching the controls setup.

I did have problems like everyone else, but after readin Finns post about controller setup, and following it to the letter, everything was fine.I also like many have loads of addon, and i didnt have to mess around with the control settings even after following finns post.Left rudder was left rudder, turn left the plane banks left, hit the flap button and the flaps deploy...no changes..

When you set the controls, load the huey at a runway, then go into the controls and set them up, exit , restart, ( see finns post (!!) ) and all was fine apart from the ruddder.The rudder would ''vibrate'' As in with left rudder it would try to move but then go back to neutral (very quickly givin a ''vibrating'' effect)

This to me was common sence telling me there was 2 axis assigned to the same control..Simply go to rudder control settings..clear or delete the assignment, and set it again. problem solved. Do the same if you have a dead stick.And remember after ANY changes to the controlss you need to restart the sim.

And, obviosly, when your setting the controls make sure you have the right controller selected in the drop down menu within fsx control menu.(select ''Saitek Rudder Pedals'' from the drop down menu(or your controller for rudder), then along the top, select control axes,scroll down to ''Rudder axis'', double click it,where it asks you to select a control input, then move the axis you want for rudder)

I believe all this contol setup problems are down to incompitant computer users(or missing steps in finns post,overlooking things because you think it doesnt matter), being as there arnt many of you when you consider how many people are using it without problems..thats my opinion ( Go ahead, hit me with the -1 button, but if you do, have a set of balls and comment why..somthing like ''because the truth hurts'' will do) :lol:

Thanks for having so competent flightsimmers like maddz 737. Without him I never had known how small my knowledge after 13 years of flightsimming would be. The last 13 years I had no trouble in sorting out almost every "issue" that occured due to different reasons - but this time I am stuck. Sorry for this statement, but what we are looking for in this forum is NOT insolent sh... but help. Annoying post, really maddz. And by this...thank you shaun/Finn for your work. Nothing to add to night1stalkers comment.

Good night so far.

Willy

My point being: I know my way around the sim, settings, and making controls work. I have never had an issue like this I could not fix within a few minutes of playing around. I think this may be an issue with driver software or something (though I have updated my drivers to the latest version). Something within the huey's programming is not jiving with my joystick. For whatever reason, my lateral cyclic inputs are backwards and I cannot fix it (including the very simple trick of reversing the axis). I may have to buy a new joystick to enjoy the Huey, but I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT! My joystick works fine with everything else I have (and I have about every addon helicopter for FSX).

Oh, and please allow me to thank you for insulting my intelligence. I feel so much better now that I know I am an incompetent computer user. That explains everything! (By the way you misspelled incompetent).

Cheers!

Well clearly your missing something..as your installing drivers that you dont need..windows7..play'n'play..:lol::unsure: .

I think you'll find its YOUR stick that is not 'jiving' with the Huey, not the other way around.Just exactly how much research have you done on this stick and its related problems? My guess is 0..rather than spending 2 minuites googling you just pass the buck onto Aerosoft.

Oh,look, whats this..2,970 Results, all to do with Axis problems,on every game. ...excuse the attitude, but you get what you give.

So yes, im affraid you will have to buy a new stick, as cleary, there are alot of problems with it.My suggestion, as its what i use, plug and play Thrustmaster T-flight Hotas X Joystick ..Mine is 10yrs old..still works like the day i bought it.Highly recommend.

And BTW, my post did not directly nor indirectly insult you,you decided to take it that way.Then you feel the need to piont out ''1'' letter in an essay..im sorry, but i wont go that low,and thats simply below my radar.And as you knew exactly what i ment, was there really need to piont it out?....

@wkranke :From what i can make out your useing the same stick, so take note of above.And no need to thank me, like i said it was/is my opinion. cheer%20up_s.gif

@Heli3 - Just out of interest, what stick was you useing when you had all the problems?

I was using Logitech Attack 3 joystick, wich has 3 axis (cyclic and collective)

Now I changed it for the following model, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro wih 4 axis (pedals as new laugh.gif) and the difference is that now I can move the pedals because are asigned to an axis.

Before, the huey's pedals were the only ones that did not work with the keyboard

Well clearly your missing something..as your installing drivers that you dont need..windows7..play'n'play..:lol::unsure: .

I think you'll find its YOUR stick that is not 'jiving' with the Huey, not the other way around.Just exactly how much research have you done on this stick and its related problems? My guess is 0..rather than spending 2 minuites googling you just pass the buck onto Aerosoft.

Oh,look, whats this..2,970 Results, all to do with Axis problems,on every game. ...excuse the attitude, but you get what you give.

So yes, im affraid you will have to buy a new stick, as cleary, there are alot of problems with it.My suggestion, as its what i use, plug and play Thrustmaster T-flight Hotas X Joystick ..Mine is 10yrs old..still works like the day i bought it.Highly recommend.

And BTW, my post did not directly nor indirectly insult you,you decided to take it that way.Then you feel the need to piont out ''1'' letter in an essay..im sorry, but i wont go that low,and thats simply below my radar.And as you knew exactly what i ment, was there really need to piont it out?....

@wkranke :From what i can make out your useing the same stick, so take note of above.And no need to thank me, like i said it was/is my opinion. cheer%20up_s.gif

Actually, considering how angry I was when I read your post, I think how much I held back in my remark is commendable, but you never will know so it doesn't matter. In any case, I hardly can see how my joystick could be the issue when it WORKS FINE WITH EVERY OTHER HELICOPTER CREATED FOR THE GAME! Do you not get my point? Or are you too dense? Sorry this went below your radar, but if that's the case maybe you should keep YOUR trap shut. Like wkrankle said in his post, we came here for help, not to be basically harrassed by a satisfied customer who has no current issues. I think if you suddenly found you could not fly your beloved Aerosoft product you would be a bit miffed as well. In the mean time, since you CLEARLY have nothing constructive to say, why don't you piss off and let the people who have the ability and desire to help us with our problem do so. And regarding my correction of your misspelling: normally, not a big deal, but considering you used it to debase those that were having problems, I found it rather ironic. Obviously that irony was lost on you, and considering we are STILL having this argument about your insolent comment, you obviously STILL don't get the point!

Any news about the Joystick Config Tool or found another way to solve our problems?

Five weeks are gone since you promised a solution and I still can not fly my Huey. I think you should refund the price to all users with problems and take your time fixing the controls. This takes the pressure off your development team and satisfies us customers. I think most of us will buy the Huey again if you insure us that the fixed version runs like all other aircrafts inside FSX.

Michael

Archived