HUEY X and controller setup

Finn

My problem is X-axis and Y-axis.

Return a money!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Updated the Aerosoft Launcher and still have the same problem too. Getting P'd off now :( The software is not fit for purpose !!!!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you it works.

After playing around for the last half day with the config tool I've now got a flyable Huey. I've just got to learn how to fly rotorcaft now :-S

Updated the Aerosoft Launcher and still have the same problem too. Getting P'd off now :( The software is not fit for purpose !!!!

As many others are using this product without issues then that makes your statement groundless.

We have folks using the same joystick that others are using and one can get theres to work and another cant yet they are indeed the same piece of hardware.

So what makes them different, the product, maybe not.

Hi to update those who are having problems with the new config tool, how I got it working was use the config tool (I'm not sure why it's even used in the end).

Lunch FSX. Go to Settings - controllers – and make sure your controllers are enabled, which if you use FSUIP should be disabled so it doesn’t interfere and cause jumping of the controller when 2 inputs are received.

Go to the control axis tab and make sure your X,Y and Z axis have been assigned to your controllers. If you’ve deleted them just hit the reset defaults. Then check and remove any assignments you don’t need. I use an old Sidewinder Pro 2 and CH Peddles for this and it works fine.

Then you should have a flyable Huey…

If you want to go back to flying using your normal Aircraft that you’ve mapped for FSUIP assignments you need to jump into the controllers tab again and disable all the controllers. If you don’t both FSUIP and FSX will both send controller inputs and just screw thing up big time.

I tried this with both Captain Sims C-130 and PMDG 747 and the FSUIP assignments worked. But please note I had issues with the C130 after first changing the assignments and found the yoke on screen jumping, so I had to close the flight and then start it again and it worked fine. It’s not the ideal situation but at least you can start to enjoy the Huey.

i agree i tried a few different combos and the huey is flyable but -no visual movement-vc- of the rudder peddles-a patch which is very common with most 3rd party planes would fix this i think-ps-i use keyboard-no peddles-fsvipc-unregistered.

New launcher configured .................... Still the same problem .............. no roll, pitch or yaw control.

Come on Aerosoft .......... everyone else can get helicopters flying staight out of the box, for all users, without having to resort to changing any hardware settings so what is the problem with this one?

How about getting some info from the peeps still having problems to see if there is any common denominator and then eliminating that.

New launcher configured .................... Still the same problem .............. no roll, pitch or yaw control.

Come on Aerosoft .......... everyone else can get helicopters flying staight out of the box, for all users, without having to resort to changing any hardware settings so what is the problem with this one?

How about getting some info from the peeps still having problems to see if there is any common denominator and then eliminating that.

Most other helicopters comes with a dererative of the default Bell 206B flightmodel.

The Huey X comes with a special modul wich simulates some helicopter specific behavious not normally possible in FSX, thats the difference.

If people with this problem would post their systems specs togather with the name of their controllers it would helps us alot.

It is not easy to fix a bug if the report just states "It doesn´t work".

Finn

Ok system details ..........

FSX acceleration and service packs

X52 controler

Windows7 Home premium 32bit

AMD Phenom II X4 965

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard

4gig of memory.

Unregistered FSUIPC

my system details:------AMD ATHLON=3GIG DUAL CORE------6 GIG RAM--------500PLUS HARD DRIVE- -----NVIDEA GTX 460 CARD ........WINDOWS VISTA PREMIUM...FSX SERVICE PACKS 1/2 BOTH..............FSVIPC=UNREGISTERED ............NO RUDDER PEDDLES........ LOGI TECH/WINGMAN FORCE 3D --------I USE ELEV- AXIS, RUDDER AXIS ELIMINATED/DELETED TO MAKE STICK PERFORM LIKE PLANE =ELEVATOR/AILORONS AXIS DEFAULT RUDDER DELETED ---USE 0/ENTER FOR RUDDER CONTROL

Hello Aerosoft and Flight simmers,

I'm also having the same problem with Huey X. Great, Fabulous piece of work, but my Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas dosen't work either.

The throttle works, and even all the buttons on the joystick works.. but no X and Y axis,

My system is X58 sabertooth motherboard, Evga 480GTX video card, 12 Gig of ram, 1000 W ps, 2 solid state hard drives, Windows 7 X64 bit, drive C has OS on it, and Drive E has Flight sim X on it. the equipment i have is Saitek : 6 Fip's, flight yoke, 3 throttle quadrants, radio, switch, multi and BIP panels, rudder peddals and the TPM.

I'm using FSUIPC registered, but i'm only using the reverse thrust for the airliners. no other programming.

I just downloaded the joy stick configurator in the new launcher, but still nothing seems to work,

any help would be great..

p.s All in All, Great job

Drover

Hello Aerosoft and Flight simmers,

I'm also having the same problem with Huey X. Great, Fabulous piece of work, but my Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas dosen't work either.

The throttle works, and even all the buttons on the joystick works.. but no X and Y axis,

My system is X58 sabertooth motherboard, Evga 480GTX video card, 12 Gig of ram, 1000 W ps, 2 solid state hard drives, Windows 7 X64 bit, drive C has OS on it, and Drive E has Flight sim X on it. the equipment i have is Saitek : 6 Fip's, flight yoke, 3 throttle quadrants, radio, switch, multi and BIP panels, rudder peddals and the TPM.

I'm using FSUIPC registered, but i'm only using the reverse thrust for the airliners. no other programming.

I just downloaded the joy stick configurator in the new launcher, but still nothing seems to work,

any help would be great..

p.s All in All, Great job

Drover

Nice find...

But why not go through my step by step guide and setup FSUIPC as described. That actually does the same as removing FSUIPC for the Huey X.

BUT PLEASE...

Read the guide first until You understand exactly what to do, then go through the steps one by one.

Last not least be absolutly sure that You have unassigned all axis' in FSUIPC.

For each axis - on the FSUIPC joystick assignment page, click the "RESCAN" button and move the axis - no assignment should show up on the assignment line.

Also remember to assign the axis' in FSX controller menu as if You did not have FSUIPC - then restart FSX for the settings to kick in.

Link:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/42866-huey-x-and-controller-setup/page__view__findpost__p__285959

Finn

Nice find...

But why not go through my step by step guide and setup FSUIPC as described. That actually does the same as removing FSUIPC for the Huey X.

BUT PLEASE...

Read the guide first until You understand exactly what to do, then go through the steps one by one.

Last not least be absolutly sure that You have unassigned all axis' in FSUIPC.

For each axis - on the FSUIPC joystick assignment page, click the "RESCAN" button and move the axis - no assignment should show up on the assignment line.

Also remember to assign the axis' in FSX controller menu as if You did not have FSUIPC - then restart FSX for the settings to kick in.

Link:

http://forum.aerosof...post__p__285959

Finn

Hey Finn,

thanks for the reply,

I think that is the fastest fix.. and i went back to check all my axis for FSUIPC and FSX, and they are there, even with the DLL file taken out, it's not deleted, just cut and paste in a temp folder, I just use FSUIPC for the reverse thrust for Airliners. I will try your way on but i have to read it again a few more times before i attempt...

Drover

Hello Aerosoft family and Flight simmers,

after hours of trial and error, and wrecking my brain ( and if i missed this already i appologize,)

But i think i found the solution to the x and y axis of the Huey X, It is the FSUIPC, go to FSX, Modules, FSUIPC and the FSUIPC DLL File, select and cut this file, put it in a temp folder, then start FSX, go the HUEY and fly away... and if you want to use FSUIPC again, then cut and paste it back in the modules folder and Voillaaa... have your settings again for Aircraft,

If this works for you, could you let me know.. thanks

Drover

Ontario, Canada

Finn...

another find, if there are other controls plugged into the computer while trying to use Huey ... ie. saitek flight yoke, it will over power/interfere with the joystick, i still have the DLL file and FSUIPC activated and running on my computer, it's just a matter of just using the joystick, which i have the thrustmaster warthog and it works fine.. just plug in the joystick, start fsx.. and fly..

Drover

As many others are using this product without issues then that makes your statement groundless.

We have folks using the same joystick that others are using and one can get theres to work and another cant yet they are indeed the same piece of hardware.

So what makes them different, the product, maybe not.

I'm not going to start a tit for tat exchange of words here but would merely state that the software was purchased as an add-on for FSX. I have a lot of money invested in FSX including your F-16, Lotus L-39, A2A Cub and VRS Superbug to name a few. I've been a flight simulator fan since 95 also have DCS A-10 and DCS Black Shark simulators. None of the add-ons have ever given me any problems, sure a few minor bugs here in the early stages of release but all have been rectified. Never was I expected to start delving into FSX or be expected to 'fiddle about' to find or switch between A/C.

The purpose of the software surely is to enjoy flying, a good representation of the Huey within FSX as advertised. Unfortunately I and many others have not been able to do so without wasting a lot of time on a 'work around'. Fit for purpose?

I will bow out know and wait for a sensible patch. Lesson learnt :dumb_me_s:

Those with joystick problems, either where it doesn´t work at all, or those where it works, but the controls in the virtual cockpit doesn´t move...

Please post:

-FSX install path (IMPORTANT)

-Operating system

-Have You tried to run FSX as Admin if You have a Vista or Win 7 system

-Do You hear custom sounds like switch clicks, Low RPM warning etc.

The reason I ask is that under Win Vista and Win 7 installing FSX into the default \Program Files\ or \Program Files(86)\ isn´t recommended.

Applications been run from those folders will never be given full admin rights and therefore not allow 3rd party modules to run in some cases.

Finn

-FSX install path "K:\Flight Simulator X"

-Operating system "Windows7 Ultimate 64bit

-Is not tried to run FSX as Admin

-Yes, I'm hear custom sounds like switch clicks, Low RPM warning etc.

G\ Program files (x86)\Microsoft\ etc etc.. (dedicated disc..)

Windows 7 professional

I am administrator

I've clicked buttons and lights have flashed.

regards

G\ Program files (x86)\Microsoft\ etc etc.. (dedicated disc..)

Windows 7 professional

I am administrator

I've clicked buttons and lights have flashed.

regards

Although beeing administrator it doesn´t mean You have full admin rights over the \Program Files\ and \Program Files(86)\ folders.

I´m not even sure that right cliking and selecting "Run as admin" will give You full control when using the above install paths.

You should really consider to make a reinstall of FSX using a different folder f.ex C:\My games\ etc.

Not only for the Huey X, but also for other highend addons wich comes with custom modules. This is a general issue and not only related to Aerosoft products.

Finn

It wants a comment by me, too. :o

-FSX install path "K:\Flight Simulator X"

-Operating system "Windows7 Ultimate 64bit

-Is not tried to run FSX as Admin

-Yes, I'm hear custom sounds like switch clicks, Low RPM warning etc.

As a test You could try to unassign Your controllers in the Aerosoft Launcher 1.0.0.6 joystick config tool (if You already have assigned them there) and then run FSX as an admin.

What i don´t like are the reports that some have manged to get it flyable with the new config tool, but don´t see any movement of the controls in the virtual cockpit.

That indictaes that the special flight model module is bypassed or not active at all.

With the module active You should have a strong Yaw tendency while hovering. Also when overspeedning, the Huey should start to vibrate and act "strange" thus simulating retreating blade stall.

Finn

It canceled the allocation of the axis with "Aerosoft Launcher 1.0.0.6 joystick config tool".

Then, it executed FSX by the administrator.

However..... it doesn't solve a problem.(XAxis & YAxis)

However it supposes that there was a realistic operation characteristic, that it isn't possible to operate is an important problem.

This product is a defective product! :angry:

It is sorry terribly..... :(

Archived