HUEY X and controller setup

Finn

Hello all.

Just an FYI, in case anyone else wants to try this or in case it provides any further information to the troubleshooting steps.

I was having the same issues as many people here. The Huey would only show animation in throttle and rpms. Rudder and stick were dead.

I did the following.

1) Deactivated FSINN in my DLL.XML... I have Vista 64 so your location may be different.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Look for FSCOPILOT and change the <DISABLED>FALSE</DISABLED> to <DISABLED>TRUE</DISABLED>

2) I had followed the instructions to create a HUEYX.CFG in my FSX folder. I renamed my FSX.CFG to FSXOLD.TXT and deleted the HUEYX.CFG Then I recreated the FSX.CFG file

3) I re-assigned all controls in FSX Settings as specified at the beginning of this thread

4) completely shut down FSX and restarted. I then checked that the Huey was working. Which it was.

5) shut down FSX again then I copied the newly created FSX.CFG to my FSX folder as HueyX.cfg and renamed back my FSXOLD.TXT to FSX.CFG

I did not change the CONTROLS section of the Huey.CFG file

Now my huey works

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news about the Joystick Config Tool or found another way to solve our problems?

Five weeks are gone since you promised a solution and I still can not fly my Huey. I think you should refund the price to all users with problems and take your time fixing the controls. This takes the pressure off your development team and satisfies us customers. I think most of us will buy the Huey again if you insure us that the fixed version runs like all other aircrafts inside FSX.

Michael

I agree Michael. Same opinion here too.

Cheers Mutz

Well I too have this problem no roll control backward rudder control it matter if the axis is reversed or not i am using a saitek x52 no peddles no fsuipc let us pretend i have no experience with config files or editing files as normal Joe user. This is unacceptable, and think maybe you tried to hard. I understand you want this to be a great aircraft and up to the control point. It is between the two flight simulators. I probably have over a hundred aircraft from different publishers, and none of them have this sort of problem and glad that you are actively trying to fix it. But I think maybe a little more testing before it was released, would have been smart I know some flight simmers. Even with detailed directions would say forget it. I'm not going through all that some would not even understand all of that. Mostly your elder and younger users, you might not think so. But I fly with some people who don't know the first thing about even adding aircraft if it does not have an installer so it's not really as simple as open this file. Change this config fix this dill etc. at the average you should not have to do this please don't get me wrong I'm not mad. I'm not saying oh, this product sucks. I'm never going to use them again. I'm just saying it's frustrating, and more beta testing should have been utilized.

To be honest, I don't think I'm going new mess with config files at it this added that because it's just not worth it to get one aircraft working and I shouldn't have to when I have 99 others that work just fine. So this obviously tells me. It is a problem with the product. Not my setup is a typical Occam's razor theory as your product is the minority in this case, you know what they say the majority rules.

Well I too have this problem no roll control backward rudder control it matter if the axis is reversed or not i am using a saitek x52 no peddles no fsuipc let us pretend i have no experience with config files or editing files as normal Joe user. This is unacceptable, and think maybe you tried to hard. I understand you want this to be a great aircraft and up to the control point. It is between the two flight simulators. I probably have over a hundred aircraft from different publishers, and none of them have this sort of problem and glad that you are actively trying to fix it. But I think maybe a little more testing before it was released, would have been smart I know some flight simmers. Even with detailed directions would say forget it. I'm not going through all that some would not even understand all of that. Mostly your elder and younger users, you might not think so. But I fly with some people who don't know the first thing about even adding aircraft if it does not have an installer so it's not really as simple as open this file. Change this config fix this dill etc. at the average you should not have to do this please don't get me wrong I'm not mad. I'm not saying oh, this product sucks. I'm never going to use them again. I'm just saying it's frustrating, and more beta testing should have been utilized.

To be honest, I don't think I'm going new mess with config files at it this added that because it's just not worth it to get one aircraft working and I shouldn't have to when I have 99 others that work just fine. So this obviously tells me. It is a problem with the product. Not my setup is a typical Occam's razor theory as your product is the minority in this case, you know what they say the majority rules.

UDATE!!! I installed FSUIPC fresh copy as i never used it in fsx before and it flys perfectly now...OK turns out it was NOT fsuipc it was the rudder pedals I was using that is where is the conflict is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shaun

Where are we at with the Joystick Tool for the Huey ?

I have since weeks a Helicopter in my Hangar which does not bring money (read fun) in :-)

Cheers Mutz

Hi Folks,

Just had a "Hallelujah!" moment, maybe it will work for others....I too had issues with the rudder pedals and was about to give up. I replaced my X52 lately with a class Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog which like the X52 before works flawlessly with all my other add-ons. I dont have FSUIPC activated or installed anymore I think, just using bog standard FSX settings. Anyway just took a look at my OTHER controller FSX settings and whatdoyaknow .....not just my saitek rudder pedals had a rudder input but my joystick had too!! Now I dont know if it was always like that but it certainly had no impact on any other aircraft and when I removed the joystick rudder input.. Voilà, a perfectly flying/operating Huey. Maybe similar situation for those with stick not moving either? I've had situations before where a couple of controllers namely throttles conflicted but always worked to some degree but this one threw me off coz nothing moved. Hope this helps a few of ye out there.....now all I want is some nice bass 'WHOP WHOP' sound files to get my Buttkicker going;-)

Hi Folks,

Just had a "Hallelujah!" moment, maybe it will work for others....I too had issues with the rudder pedals and was about to give up. I replaced my X52 lately with a class Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog which like the X52 before works flawlessly with all my other add-ons. I dont have FSUIPC activated or installed anymore I think, just using bog standard FSX settings. Anyway just took a look at my OTHER controller FSX settings and whatdoyaknow .....not just my saitek rudder pedals had a rudder input but my joystick had too!! Now I dont know if it was always like that but it certainly had no impact on any other aircraft and when I removed the joystick rudder input.. Voilà, a perfectly flying/operating Huey. Maybe similar situation for those with stick not moving either? I've had situations before where a couple of controllers namely throttles conflicted but always worked to some degree but this one threw me off coz nothing moved. Hope this helps a few of ye out there.....now all I want is some nice bass 'WHOP WHOP' sound files to get my Buttkicker going;-)

That *was* it. Worked for me. Thanks.

Hi until the config tool is released I'm after a bit of help

I've gone through the above config process twice, but each time I get to renaming the short cut in step 33 /CFG:Huey.cfg Win7 says "the drive\ drive name \fsx.exe/Huey.cfg' specified in the target box is not valid".

I've confirmed the renamed Huey.cfg is sitting there in the main folder (same as FSX.exe) and if I delete the line /Huey.cfg in the shortcut it starts FSX ok. Please note I'm using a dedicated drive solely for FSX and

it is not in the default location in C:

Would that have any bearing on Win7 accepting the /Huey.cfg switch? I've also tried a space and a minus as the switch with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I use a full registered copy of FSUIP for every other A/C so I can use reverse thrust / pitch mainly so would like to get this working please and not spend 20 mins reconfiguring if I want to use a helo.

Thanks in advance

Disappointing :angry:......Controls are reversed in both forward and aft cyclic using X52 Hotas. The overall standard of selectable cockpit controls is poor. I hope there are some imminent updates as I'm feeling that I have so far wasted my money. Any chance of a refund?

Another dissatisfied customer ............ although the one product seeming to cause the most problems seems to be Saitek X52 .......... and guess what thats the controler I have.

Any advance on the config tool?

It is bad about the feelings because the development situation can not not be seen. :huh:

Upload early because it is permitted to be a beta version, too. <_<

Hello

I am one of the beta-testers and the tool works great for me. I had the same problems with stick and pedals (no function, just shivering) and after installing the beta version of the tool it's great to fly the Huey.

There are some minor issues they still need to fix (animations of the controls in VC etc.) but I think they can help you soon. It's worth to be patient.

Michael

Hi All, I had a problem with the cyclic and collective controls being frozen in the VC. I had the animations box in the graphics settings page unchecked. I Checked the box and reset the drivers on my joystick and Voila! everything works great. It's a joy to fly. my controllers are CH joystick, CH pedal, and CH throttle quadrant.. The # 1 throttle on the quadrant works great as collective.

Archived