Speed Problem (only flies at 250KTS)

simflyer4276

Hello,

The problem I am having is the aircraft will only fly at 250KTS. From takeoff to 10,000 the plane works as it should, after 10,000 the plane will lower its nose to accelerate, however, the speed remains at 250KTS up to cruise and then remains at 250KTS (in managed mode). If I pull the speed knob out to select mode and adjust the speed that way, it still reamins at 250KTS. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

James

I have a thought, although it may not help.

In other Aircraft i have, becuase the ''250knts below 10,000ft'' rules, the FMC knows this, and wont allow me to go over 250>>> Unless i change the values in the FMC.

Its a speed restraint and in the FMC looks like this : 250/10,000

To go faster i type 280/10,000 then press the lines select key next to where i want to enter it in the FMC, under plan refrence.

So if you can see 250/10,000, try changing the speed.

I have a thought, although it may not help.

In other Aircraft i have, becuase the ''250knts below 10,000ft'' rules, the FMC knows this, and wont allow me to go over 250>>> Unless i change the values in the FMC.

Its a speed restraint and in the FMC looks like this : 250/10,000

To go faster i type 280/10,000 then press the lines select key next to where i want to enter it in the FMC, under plan refrence.

So if you can see 250/10,000, try changing the speed.

My MCDU does not allow me to change the speed/alt contrainsts for some reason, in fact there are a lot of things withing the MCDU that I should be able to change such as the accel. height, app speed, etc...

I must admit I'm really bummed as this plane seems to have a lot of bugs. Fortunately I do not have the throttle problem like most but I am having problems with:

1. aircraft speed - aircraft will not comply when in selected mode and it never reaches cruise speed even if its managed

2. the aircraft loses power during climbout which causes the plane to stall

3. the FBW does not seem to work as it should especially during climb out (this could be more of a loss of power problem than anything).

Does anyone have any thoughts. This plane is an absolute beaut and the frames are excellent. I really want to fly this more but I feel I may have to shelve this until a patch for the above comes out. I fly the Wilco bus as well and do not have any of these problems.

Hello Simflyer,

Try the Step by Step Tutorial to the word and see what might be going wrong.

Shaun,

I was not pressing the Chrono button after applying take off power...the aircraft now climbs like a rocket. Could that have really been the issue? What does the Chrono button do exactly?

Thanks again,

James

Shaun,

I was not pressing the Chrono button after applying take off power...the aircraft now climbs like a rocket. Could that have really been the issue? What does the Chrono button do exactly?

Thanks again,

James

I doubt that's the cure; I've never used the chrono button :o