silence and denial talks?

mattiss

I would like to ask representatives of this forum, why you always almost refuse to admit the obvious shortcomings of this product? Dozens of users are writing adequate questions concerning all the oddities that this airplane presents and, mostly, they will be answered to as some sort of weenies that hasn´t bothered to engage properly in the manuals. If that is not the answer, the representatives gives reprogramming instructions which, surely in a kind purpose, is quite odd when you have payed money for a product with proudly announced goals and promises. I must say, as a buyer you expect a product that goes far beyond some kind of betalevel. Well, this is not the case with this product and it´s quite hard to avoid the feeling that economical reasons is the cause. As I have stated before, Airbus X is (in a static view) a beautiful product but the flight dynamics is, to say the least, a catastrophe. Since I, as many other users, have been flying airplanes IRL, I get disappointed and frustraded when I have to compensate for the shortcomings by learning them, e.g to disable the AP well before final approach (as the rudders don´t respond for about ten seconds after disabling the AP); force the aircraft down to the runway in the flare and so forth.

These shortcomings is devastating for your feeling of realism and makes this product far from stimulating; rather it makes the product irritating. This is pointed out by many members in this forum. Despite that, the representatives is still defending the product. How come? I suppose that problems in the programming process collided with reasonable costs for the productions and that Aerosoft, quite cynical, made a cost/benefit analysis and screwed us on our money. Am I totally wrong?

I agree with what your sayin, but I dont agree for 1 seconds aerosoft has tryed to screw money out of you.

As it stands ( from what i've read in the Airbus forum...did you scan through it?? ) Mathijs has writen a post explaining all of this,and that he will be making a bug list,working on trying to get to the bottom if all this.

Put her in the hanger,and hang fire.

I agree with what your sayin, but I dont agree for 1 seconds aerosoft has tryed to screw money out of you.

As it stands ( from what i've read in the Airbus forum...did you scan through it?? ) Mathijs has writen a post explaining all of this,and that he will be making a bug list,working on trying to get to the bottom if all this.

Put her in the hanger,and hang fire.

Actually, what i miss the most is the lack of support right now. When the product was released, the customers experienced outstanding support but now, this forum looks like a graveyard to me. Haven't seen Mathijs here looking by nor anyone else from aerosoft except Shaun lately. There is only Paul Golding. Although i have to critizis his kind of answers to most questions, which are like "yes there is a problem, why not try it out unrealistically to compensate?", i still admire his constant participation in this forum.

I come here often to see, if there have been any bug fixes posted or solutions found to any of the numerous bugs/issues but there is nothing at all.. which makes me feel somehow left alone.

This aircraft had been my prefered aircraft for short hauls but the bugs/issues always made it a somehow untastefull event. It's like eating something you don't really like but still you have to eat otherwise you starve. As i have no other iron for short hauls in my hanger, the Airbus X was my only choice.

At least it looks like the A320 competitor will be released in the near future...

Yeah well maddz, maybe there is a bug list coming, but thats not my point. My point is, that you don´t release a product that´s not finished. That is an unfair way of marketing a product. You can release a product with the (explicite) statements that some asapects of the products is not yet solved, and that you will return with adequate updates or, otherwise, a returnthemoneyguarantee. My point here, is that Aerosoft through this release, show themselves to be uninterested in their customers, and that is not goodwill, it´s greed

conchulio: thats an humble and polite standpoint there. I agree that some persons at least let themselves be visible in the forum, but why defend all these shortcomings? I have always been impressed by Aerosofts products. Thats the reason for me beeing here. But this time....I must admit, I am loosing confidence. I don´t even want to download torrents with aerosofts products....and that is baaaad....as I until now payed for the products....

conchulio: thats an humble and polite standpoint there. I agree that some persons at least let themselves be visible in the forum, but why defend all these shortcomings? I have always been impressed by Aerosofts products. Thats the reason for me beeing here. But this time....I must admit, I am loosing confidence. I don´t even want to download torrents with aerosofts products....and that is baaaad....as I until now payed for the products....

I fully understand your problem as i am too quite unsatisfied with this product in the long run. But refering to "finished products", when is a product really finished? Even great products from PMDG or LDS or whom ever sometimes need to release a patch etc. in order to solve issues.

Yes, this product is far from perfect but one must admit that creating an Airbus in FSX is not as simple as creating a boeing or a simple turboprop. What made me upset the most was actually the price for this product but well, that's that.

I really have no idea how this all will look like in the future, i don't know if there will ever be a more "advanced" version or if aerosoft have put this project into a dusty dark corner of there minds, however, as you can see in this forum, there have been so many complaints and none have been fully answered and unfortunately this here will also share that destiny.

Put this, at least great looking, Airbus into your virtual hangar and have fun with other aircrafts as i do. hope for the best, i can't say anything else, as there actually is nothing else to say; i know that won't satisfy you nor me but that's it.

Many happy landings

Conchi

Well, when is a product "finished"? It´s an interesting question but I presume that u have to use some kind of common sense in answering that question. A product must be tested in as many possible ways as possible, i.e to to be able to launch a product for commercial use, the producer have some degree of responsability visavi the user. If, e.g, the producer has an awareness of serious shortcomings/problems with his product, he should honestly list these issues as what they are, i.e as problems and something that reduces the possibilities to use the product with satisfaction, as related to the producers knowledge of the customers demands. It would be quite naive, to assume that a company like Aerosoft, should not be aware of their customers demands for reaching satisfaction with a product. In this case, no matter how complicated it is to design and programme a product like AirbusX, the whole affair stinks like shit, pardon my french.

I can´t get rid off the spontaneous association I get with reference to the behaviour of other great and powerful companies, e.g pharmaceutical companies. If an effort that demands great economical investigation proves to be a failure in a late stage of testing and evaluation, these companies don´t hesitate to push their product onto faithful buyers and, in this, willingly remains silent about the shortcomings their themselves are bluntly aware of. U might call me paranoid; I rather look upon my positioning as one that derives from a sound sceptizism (is that the spelling? Hey, I´m swedish!!), based on a long time gathered experience from how big companies cynical, economic calculations, when a hige prestige project promises to flop, just give shit about their cutomers satisfaction and needs and instead, just secures and minimize the expected economical loss that the product for sure will generate. I can not think of another reason for Aerosoft, when it comes to how this great and prosperous company has been thinking about this product, for the behaviour they have shown us, their customers and sources of economical survival.

I can agree with you in some cases and i fully understand your dissatisfaction with this product. In my opinion, aerosoft have set too high expectations and wrong priorities (i.e. good looks is worthless if the aircraft does not fly right) but you should take into account that they have postponed their release date several times because of issues and new implementations. As that has angered many, including me too, it clearly shows that aerosoft did not want to release a half-finished product by purpose. I think they are an honest company who just couldn't handle this product at all. Especially in times, where a lot of people are used to high fidelity products from PMDG, LDS etc. etc.. As you can read in this forums, a lot of people still ask questions like "where can set the SID/STAR" and other rather advanced procedures.

In any case, one should accept the fact that this product is rather a face-lifted default A320 rather than a new Airbus. At least, as aerosoft stated themselves, they used a lot of the default fly-by-wire technologies developed by microsoft.

I think you somehow go too far comparing aerosoft to a malicious pharm company.. Of course, the first goal of a company is to generate income but while a misdeveloped medecin can harm people severly, a misdeveloped airbus only autolands in the bin or the virtual hangar. And to be honest, i think aerosoft would still prosper very well, even if the airbus X project had been shut down.

In any case, as i have stated in my very first post, wait a little for the "other" aircraft which is a direct competitor to airbus IRL.

Hello Mattiss,

I believe wholeheartedly that your topic title is very misleading, there is no silence nor denial, There are users who are having issues that seem to crop up regularly, and as stated are going to be revisited to see if there is anything that can be done to alter it or change it, but its hard when the "Majority" of customers are simply having no problems.

A lot of the times these issues can be resolved by following the instructions given not workarounds. All machines being different then when you have a major selling product the odds go up with the chances of people having problems.

As for some of your statements, I do believe you are judging the whole aircraft by a minor issue. The flight model is actually better by far than most Airbuses around, just because some experience a problem near to landing does not make the flight model a catastrophe as you put it.

We know it can be frustrating when people have an issue that is hard to resolve somtimes but to judge the whole product by a few problems would be totally wrong.

• Upvote 1