Huey X: Initial release Issues

Could it be you either did not install with Administrator rights or told FSX on the first start after the installation that it was NOT okay to use our gauges (note they are digitally signed and all).

Hi Mathijs,

At last I have a successfully working Huey. I am not quite sure what unlocked the problem but the last time I loaded a flight with the Huey I had my CH throttle unplugged.

I plugged it in and had no throttle response from the controller, so looked at the assignments which were haywire in that FSX thought it was a joystick.

This is very odd because I went through the assignments of my joystick, pedals and throttle very carefully beforehand.

Anyway I am one happy bunny tonight and look forward to some good flights.

Thanks for your help and all those who contributed.

Paul

Okay that indicates the startup flt you used (when it did not work) had a setting we did not anticipate. Would you be so kind to send that to support@aerosoft.com?

Should be an easy fix for us to add that parameter. One thing however, does it work okay if you press the upper image first and then the lower one? I started doing that and I never had any problems since.

No, clicking on the upper Cold and Dark image first doesn't help. All that happens is the electrics, instruments and avionics power up.

Yes, I shall email support with it, as requested.

Just another thing Mathijs; I notice that unlike some other aircraft add-ons, it is not possible to remove crewmen from the exterior model by altering the payload weight for that position to zero. As I'd like to fly the Huey on my own as a civilian cargo carrier in Airhauler, how easy is it to add that feature ? Or does it have to be included during the construction of the model ?

Controller axis assignments only works via FSX' own controller assignment menu.

If You don´t have that (probably cause You use assignments via FSUIPC) You need to make the assignments in FSX.

Then - most important !!

Close down FSX and restart FSX to make these assignments being recognised by our special module.

Regarding the ASC.dll error, ensure tat You have the necessary C++ runtimes installed.

These are normally installed with Yoy OS, but can have been removed or become corrupted.

Links for runtimes:

C++ 2005 SP1 32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

C++ 2008 SP1 32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2

C++ 2005 SP1 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA

C++ 2008 SP1 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E

Finn

That's no good.

My Saitek X52 stick is dead in the Huey (but the throttle works), the saitek rudder paddels are dead as well.

FSUIPC is THE standard program for multiple joystick management.

I have FOUR controllers attached and at least 7 to 10 profiles for the different classes of planes 1, 2, 3, 4 engine, piston, turbo, helo, even a special one for the aerosoft catalina.

This cannot be done with FSX alone.

Please find a way to support FSUIPC or do it like A2A, they have an external mapper program, with their products I simply deselect all the axis and buttons in FSUIPC that I map in A2A's tool.

But forcing me to use the the FSX mapping facility is inaccaptable.

Sorry to be so direct, but you are not acting in a vaccuum and as I understand the approach of the Huey it's dedicated to the professional users.

Install went fine. First few flights were fine with a few exceptions, it occassionally crashes my sim. Now I can barely load the aircraft. When I select it in the aircraft menu I get a fatal system error for 4 of every 5 tries. Anyone else having this problem?

As far as flight dynamics and all the goodies that went into this, I must say you did a great job for something as affordable as this. There are definitely some things I would have liked to have seen, but I understand that they are difficult at best to simulate and were not worth the effort/cost to implement. I am very happy with my Huey. Now I just wish it would stop crashing my sim.

Install went fine. First few flights were fine with a few exceptions, it occassionally crashes my sim. Now I can barely load the aircraft. When I select it in the aircraft menu I get a fatal system error for 4 of every 5 tries. Anyone else having this problem?

As far as flight dynamics and all the goodies that went into this, I must say you did a great job for something as affordable as this. There are definitely some things I would have liked to have seen, but I understand that they are difficult at best to simulate and were not worth the effort/cost to implement. I am very happy with my Huey. Now I just wish it would stop crashing my sim.

Could You please post You crash report ?

Also try to make a backup of You FSX.cfg, and then remove it inorder to let FSX rebuild it.

You will need to adjust all settings again.

If it helps fixing the crashes then leave it, otherwise just put Your backuped FSX.cfg back again.

Finn

Mr. Finn Jacobsen,

Thank you for your extra efforts in this matter; I have several controlers and with my last setup had to do many differing methods for each aircraft for each of my controllers with/without (FSX/FSUIPC/TM's Cougars - Foxy/CH-Products/Saiteks/Logitech's/and a few others) all of this added help. I think that going through all of that again without some extra help from you (perhaps included later in your updated Manual) may make this a much harder process. So, please, do a step-by-step document of this in the manual. Thank you.

@Mr. Fletcher/Mr. Kok,

Also, just FYI, the store page: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,11333

RE; the .PDF links at the bottom; the last two PDF files; are either mis-named or no the correct files.

ie.

flaggb10px.jpg .pdf-Manual (English): >> View here << - Huey X Manual File

flaggb10px.jpg .pdf-Checklist: >> View here << Incorrect File Named but is the Checklist

flaggb10px.jpg .pdf-Checklist for smartphones: >> View here << Incorrectly Filename and NOT the smartphone file

Thank you.

Hi James

Look here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=42866&view=findpost&p=285959

Finn

• Upvote 1

Depends a bit on your system but if you load the default Bell in FSX you will get about 20% more FPS compared to the Huey X. The large amount of polygons is not an issue when it is done right.

No working winch, that can only be done with a mission, not in the helicopter itself.

Actually you CAN add a winch outside of missions and you can place liftable objects outside of missions as well. PM me if you want details.

Hello ... and thanks for your efforts to assist. They are appreciated.

I have discovered that I am experiencing the same phenomenon as Paul K (see post 52). If I start a stock Cessna (CTRL+E) and then switch to the Huey X, then I can use the function (SHIFT+2) to start and stop the helicopter. Like Paul K, the condition for doing this is that I MUST first start another aircraft.

Also, there is still NO recognition of any kind of mouse click on either the starter or idles release buttons / switches. With this in mind, would you please advise me of the FSX commands to which those points have been mapped. This will let me see if assigning a keystroke or joystick button can initiate the action. This may be a clue to the problem ... I do not see any tool tips in the cockpit. [EDIT] I turned on tooltips and now can see the starter click spot is being recognised and that the idle release button is operating (including animation). Also, if wearing track ir, then you have to be very, very precise in the angle you use to click the idle release button. Indeed, I find it it is almost impossible to get it right from the pilot's seat. Next step will be to see if the buttons can be recognised (starter, etc. during normal sequence).

I realise that it must be very frustrating when trying to deal with so many different combinations of hardware and software. Apologes for adding to these difficulties.

Regards

Simon

The startup problem is probably due to th fact that You have made Your own startup situation, wich places all aircraft in a cold and dark setup.

We cannot support such setups, just like no other addon developers do.

If You read other addon developers manuals or support entries You will find that they always want people to start out with the default Airtrike over Friday habour. You can change the aircraft to the Cessna 172 and also select another starting airport, but don´t make any alterations to th aircraft configuration i.e shutting it down etc. This will allways lead to troubles.

If You want to keep Your startup situation, then load the Cessna 172 first and start it up.

There is no way we can change the intial startup configurations, wich stems from the default flight situtation.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Hello ... and thanks for your efforts to assist. They are appreciated.

I have discovered that I am experiencing the same phenomenon as Paul K (see post 52). If I start a stock Cessna (CTRL+E) and then switch to the Huey X, then I can use the function (SHIFT+2) to start and stop the helicopter. Like Paul K, the condition for doing this is that I MUST first start another aircraft.

Also, there is still NO recognition of any kind of mouse click on either the starter or idles release buttons / switches. With this in mind, would you please advise me of the FSX commands to which those points have been mapped. This will let me see if assigning a keystroke or joystick button can initiate the action. This may be a clue to the problem ... I do not see any tool tips in the cockpit. [EDIT] I turned on tooltips and now can see the starter click spot is being recognised and that the idle release button is operating (including animation). Also, if wearing track ir, then you have to be very, very precise in the angle you use to click the idle release button. Indeed, I find it it is almost impossible to get it right from the pilot's seat. Next step will be to see if the buttons can be recognised (starter, etc. during normal sequence).

I realise that it must be very frustrating when trying to deal with so many different combinations of hardware and software. Apologes for adding to these difficulties.

Regards

Simon

We'll check if we can increase the size of the click zones.

The startup problem is probably due to th fact that You have made Your own startup situation, wich places all aircraft in a cold and dark setup.

We cannot support such setups, just like no other addon developers do.

If You read other addon developers manuals or support entries You will find that they always want people to start out with the default Airtrike over Friday habour. You can change the aircraft to the Cessna 172 and also select another starting airport, but don´t make any alterations to th aircraft configuration i.e shutting it down etc. This will allways lead to troubles.

If You want to keep Your startup situation, then load the Cessna 172 first and start it up.

There is no way we can change the intial startup configurations, wich stems from the default flight situtation.

Finn

Thanks Finn.

Actually, the question of what to have as the default startup situation can be quite confusing as I recall a number of developers of add-on aircraft recommending that their aircraft be loaded from the default Cessna in the cold & dark state. I think it may be placing a sticky somewhere in the forum and adding a large-type warning in the manual (perhaps under the FSX Settings section) reminding people of the fact that the Huey requires the saved default flight to be one in which the engine is running. There is currently no reference to this in the manual.

Anyway, I think that this has helped to solve my problems (and hopefully that of others):

1. Make sure that tool tips are set on in FSX,

2. Be precise and accurate when trying to click the idle release button, and

3. Ensure that your default flight is set in an aircraft with engine running.

Regards

Simon

excuse me for my bad english, i'm french :blush:

I have a problem with my rudder, i can't "invert" the axis, i did assign the controls inside FSX, it works good on other helicopters but not on your huey.

I know this is not "realistic" to invert the rudder, but... this is my way to play :(

Any idea ?

thanks for your work ! i was waiting this bird for a long time, charmed ! :wub:

Thanks Finn.

Actually, the question of what to have as the default startup situation can be quite confusing as I recall a number of developers of add-on aircraft recommending that their aircraft be loaded from the default Cessna in the cold & dark state. I think it may be placing a sticky somewhere in the forum and adding a large-type warning in the manual (perhaps under the FSX Settings section) reminding people of the fact that the Huey requires the saved default flight to be one in which the engine is running. There is currently no reference to this in the manual.

Anyway, I think that this has helped to solve my problems (and hopefully that of others):

1. Make sure that tool tips are set on in FSX,

2. Be precise and accurate when trying to click the idle release button, and

3. Ensure that your default flight is set in an aircraft with engine running.

Regards

Simon

Exactly

:)

Finn

• Aerosoft

I have a problem with my rudder, i can't "invert" the axis, i did assign the controls inside FSX, it works good on other helicopters but not on your huey.

I know this is not "realistic" to invert the rudder, but... this is my way to play :(

Any idea ?

Your English is better then my French, so don't worry!

I will talk to the people who know more about this, but it could be that our module that alters the flightmodel just does not allow this.

Another nice to know answer and one question and one Tip.

Flown tonight 3hours online. Everything works very well. The searchlight is very cool.

Fuelflow while 3h were 30%. Can anybody tell me if this it real?

Tip: To a fast install of a GPS avionic, Flusifix can help very simple. http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/

Any idea ?

Hello Lib,

What is the make and model of your controller.

Fuelflow while 3h were 30%. Can anybody tell me if this it real?

No, this is pretty much unreal. But there is no way, we controll it in the flight model. I am very sorry for that, we tried everything. It is also very unrealistic, that it needs no fuel for starting up. The original needs 60kg to start up, and around 240kg/h in flight.

So with a 666kg fuel tank, you'te not able to fly 3 hours.

Sorry for that.

It is simply a thing, we had to drop to get other things better (the feeling and power output for example)

Bests Joachim

No, this is pretty much unreal. But there is no way, we controll it in the flight model. I am very sorry for that, we tried everything. It is also very unrealistic, that it needs no fuel for starting up. The original needs 60kg to start up, and around 240kg/h in flight.

So with a 666kg fuel tank, you'te not able to fly 3 hours.

Sorry for that.

It is simply a thing, we had to drop to get other things better (the feeling and power output for example)

Bests Joachim

Hi Joachim, no chance via fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg? I didn´t have try that sorry.

• Aerosoft

Hi Joachim, no chance via fuel_flow_scalar in the aircraft.cfg? I didn´t have try that sorry.

No it is only possible when you completely discard the fuel flow, fuel use etc of FSX and write your own code. As this is the same for electrics etc it would increase the development cost, decrease framerate, cut all options to control hardware switches etc. As we aim for a larger audience then some of our collegues who can shoot for the high end customers more then we can this is important. We really wanted to keep this a 24 euro product.

Sorry to repost this question, I think it might have got overlooked...

I notice that unlike some other aircraft add-ons, it is not possible to remove crewmen from the exterior model by altering the payload weight for that position to zero. As I'd like to fly the Huey on my own as a civilian cargo carrier in Airhauler, how easy is it to add that feature ? Or does it have to be included during the construction of the model ?