Huey X: Initial release Issues

• Aerosoft

• Please note the paint kit will be available next week
    • Note that apart from the complete checklist in the manual there are two additional checklist available in the FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Huey X folder
      HueyX_Checklist.pdf is a slightly abbreviated checklist formatted for a single page (easy to print) and easy to use on a tablet.
      HueyX_Checklist_Phone.pdf is a slightly abbreviated checklists formatted to be easy to read on a smartphone like Andriod or iPhone
      • If you see a large flaming banner in front of the cockpit it means you have not yet activated the Huey X
        post-43-032522100 1296230979_thumb.jpg
        • To activate (fully explained in the manual of course)
          post-43-092094700 1296230984_thumb.jpg
          • If you find the cockpit to be too dark (it really is that dark), switch on the white dome lights and things will look a lot brighter.
            • If you only see 2 (or 3) of the Huey's keep in mind that there are three under Military Rotorcraft and two under Rotorcraft.

[*]Problems with ASC.dll? see here: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=285517

[*]Problems with non animated controls? see here:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=42808&view=findpost&p=285517

[*]Want to install on more then one PC? No problem if they are all your systems. The activation works for up to three systems, after that give us a buzz and we'll sort it out for you.

[*]That whoop whoop sound you hear when you use the ready to fly... mode? It's the low rotor speed warning. As all systems initialize at the same time this will sound for a few seconds. With any problems with the state-save module, select cold and dark and then ready to fly.... That way you are sure it is all initialized correct.

• The search light moves slowly (also in the real one) so you have to keep the coolie hat pressed for a while to see it move. Do note the search light can only be seen from the VC and not in external view.

HI,

have a problem here.

The control Surfaces in VC don't move regardless of how I assign the Joystick pedals etc (FSUIPC or FS Menu)

I tried Cold and Dark and Ready to fly and allways loaded a std Flight with Std A/C in front.

The heli itself moves if i do an Input but the animations won't work here!

Furthermore after a few minutes and sometimes upon loading I get an CTD !

Error Message is Application: fsx.exe Mod: asc.dll

Began and occurs only with the Hhuey....

Unfortunately I have to leave to weekend now but maybe someone has an idea ;)

Here my Specs:

FSX Sp2

FSUIPC latest Version registered

Saitek Yoke/Throttle/Rudder/ Cyborg X

Core2Duo E6750@2x3GHz

2Gig Ram

Win XP SP3

Geforce 260GTX 1Gig

Kind Rgds, Patrick

Edit:

All other stuff is working and Huey correctly activated ;)

• Aerosoft

The control Surfaces in VC don't move regardless of how I assign the Joystick pedals etc (FSUIPC or FS Menu)

I tried Cold and Dark and Ready to fly and allways loaded a std Flight with Std A/C in front.

The heli itself moves if i do an Input but the animations won't work here!

Furthermore after a few minutes and sometimes upon loading I get an CTD !

Error Message is Application: fsx.exe Mod: asc.dll

No good idea on the CTD, we have not seen this at any time with the Huey, let's see if it gets reported more. The module is one we used in many projects (over 50.000 sold copies in total) and should not cause any problems. I would suggest moving the fsx.cfg from it's default location (search for it on your system) and let FS build a new one. We seen problems like this solved by that.

Controller axis assignments only works via FSX' own controller assignment menu.

If You don´t have that (probably cause You use assignments via FSUIPC) You need to make the assignments in FSX.

Then - most important !!

Close down FSX and restart FSX to make these assignments being recognised by our special module.

Regarding the ASC.dll error, ensure tat You have the necessary C++ runtimes installed.

These are normally installed with Yoy OS, but can have been removed or become corrupted.

Links for runtimes:

C++ 2005 SP1 32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

C++ 2008 SP1 32bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2

C++ 2005 SP1 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB4EBE2D-33C0-4A47-9DD4-B9A6D7BD44DA

C++ 2008 SP1 64bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E

Finn

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone.

First of all: THX for realizing the HUEY!

There's one problem that occurs when I'm trying to use the HUEY:

My pedals won't work and the pedals in the VC won't move an inch. Did I miss something?

My rudders work fine with all other acft in FSX.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

ROB

Using: FSX (SP1/ SP2) Logitech Wingman FF/ CH Pro Pedals

Does the other controls work ?

i.e Cyclic and Collective.

Please ensure that Your rudder pedals has been assigned in the FSX -> Setup-> Controller menu.

If not, then assign them and modt important restart FSX after having assigned them.

If that doesn´t work, please find a file named Standard.xml and post its´content here (can be opened with notepad).

This can be found in here:

Win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\..user name..\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Vista & Win 7:

C:\Users\..user name..\AppData\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Finn

Does the other controls work ?

i.e Cyclic and Collective.

Please ensure that Your rudder pedals has been assigned in the FSX -> Setup-> Controller menu.

If not, then assign them and modt important restart FSX after having assigned them.

If that doesn´t work, please find a file named Standard.xml and post its´content here (can be opened with notepad).

This can be found in here:

Win XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\..user name..\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Vista & Win 7:

C:\Users\..user name..\AppData\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\

Finn

O.K.

I'll check in a minute!

But regarding the assignment: As I mentioned the pedals work well with any other acft in FSX. Does that play a role? Do I have to assign the pedals especially to the HUEY?

THX!

Everyone may know this but I thought I would mention it just in case.

My cyclic would not move when I first loaded the UH-1. In my case it was due to my setup.

I normally have both a joystick/throttle and a yoke/throttle quadrant on my computer and at most all I had to do was unplug my joystick/throttle when I got some jumpiness in the throttle quadrant.

The Airbus and now the Huey have been different though. They read most of one or the other but not both. For the Airbus,it doesn't read my joysticks throttle. In the case of the Huey,even though I unplugged my yoke, the joystick would not work. I solved this by unplugging the yoke before I turned the computer on.

Since this is unique to the two products I thought I would mention it as one more box in the problem solving checklist.

PS. What unit of measure does the Torque meter use?

Sorry, no idea about the controll issues. The proggers must take a look. The only thing I can answer is:

PS. What unit of measure does the Torque meter use?

It is kp/cm². Mostly millitary used.

Bests Joachim

Folks,

everything works fine now!

The clue was to re-start FSX after controller assignment!

THX & happy flying,

ROB

That is what I have told more than two times until now ;)

AFTER ASSIGNING ALL JOYSTICK, THROTTLE and RUDDER AXIS' RESTART FSX !!!

After having assigned Your axis' (Pitch, Bank, rudder, throttle etc.)

Make sure that all axis' are setup in the FSX controller menu with:

0% nullzone (full left)

100% sensivity (Full right)

Otherwise Your controls will be sluggish.

Finn

Finn

Great Helo. Fantastic job guys and gals. No problems at all with loading and flying, my only observation is the interior has I assume German lettering on pillers etc . Will there be a different interior with english lettering on pillers and near foot pedals Etc ?

Thanks Again for a great product as always

Bill

• Aerosoft

Great Helo. Fantastic job guys and gals. No problems at all with loading and flying, my only observation is the interior has I assume German lettering on pillers etc . Will there be a different interior with english lettering on pillers and near foot pedals Etc ?

Thanks Again for a great product as always

Bill

Yes we'll sort that out very soon.

All systems seem fine. The only issue I noticed was at shut-down, where the sounds continues run-down and rotor sound after the main rotors stop.

.....Also, after complete shut-down (no sound & nothing moving) the shut-down sequence is heard again to a degree. Something is wrong with the sound config is my guess.

That's all I noticed so far.

...Nice job. I really like the flight dynamics. It's predictably responsive to inputs and feels real nice.

By the way, I hope there is a paint kit (PSD) available. I checked the folders and found nothing.

I also agree with the comment of the cockpit internals. It would be nice to see the language in English, as the Huey was built and designed in USA.

I wont be buying this until one can make the flight controls assignable through FSUIPC, there is no way on earth I'm reassigning through the FS controls menu and restarting the sim every time I was to use the Huey and then have to remove the assignments again when I move back to any other aircraft that are setup in FSUIPC.

I wont be buying this until one can make the flight controls assignable through FSUIPC, there is no way on earth I'm reassigning through the FS controls menu and restarting the sim every time I was to use the Huey and then have to remove the assignments again when I move back to any other aircraft that are setup in FSUIPC.

Then, you'll be no customer, because FSUIPC support will definitely not be implemented.

Regarding german cockpit markings: The important things are marked in both languages or English only. The chopper I took the pictures from was built in Germany.

Nevertheless you'll get English markings with the paintkit.

Best regards Joachim

Hello - and congratulations on your excellent realisation of the Huey for FSX.

My problem is that there appear to be 2 click spots / buttons on the collective that are not responding to a mouse click. They are the starter and idle release buttons (labelled button 28 and 29 in the diagram on page 17 of the manual). As a result of this I am unable to start the Huey's engine. In what might be a related issue,there is a constant low rpm warning sound (unless I disable it via the sound switch = button 16 on the illustration on page 17 of the manual).

I have reset all FSX controls to default and have restarted FSX (without success). I have also reinstalled the package (using the repair function).

I am running FSX + Acceleration on a quite powerful machine. So, there is no question of performance capacity. I am using the Saitek X-52 Pro contoller.

It could be an error on my part - missing something obvious in the manual re. startup sequence.. However, I think that the issue may be something more fundamental.

I would welcome your advice.

Regards

Simon

Idle release is only used for shutting down the engine

For starting the engine - ensure it is fully shut down, then use the checklist for the right starup procedure.

Use the mousewheel to adjust thrttle to 8-12% (tooltips) before starting.

Finn

Idle release is only used for shutting down the engine

For starting the engine - ensure it is fully shut down, then use the checklist for the right starup procedure.

Use the mousewheel to adjust thrttle to 8-12% (tooltips) before starting.

Finn

Thanks Finn. I have been following the checklist as printed in the manual and associated documents. My problem is that the designated click spot (see my earlier post) does not recognise my mouse (left click). Nor does the Idle Release button register a mouse click (left or right). Nor do either buttons recognise a midle mouse button click.

Have you encountered this problem before? Do you have any recommendations?

For example, does the model require certain control assignments to be in place within FSX and mapped to the joystick? Are there keys (or combinations of key)that the starter button depends on? And is there another way to start the Huey X (to bypass the starter button) to check that everything else is working. As far as I can see all but these 2 buttons operate as they should.

Regards

Simon

• Aerosoft

That's fine Andy. I think it can be solved by using the aircraft specific option of course but you already seemed to have made up your mind.

It's very simply, we create our addons for FSX, if people change FSX so the standard commands do not function anymore, you might have problems and you will have to accept that. I know may people do because of the advantages you get by changing FSX, but if you work for a large audience like we do you got little option. Everybody in Aerosoft has FSUIPC installed (of course) and none of us have problems because we leave the joysticks to FSX. For your mail it might seem the Huey X is not compatible with FSUIPC and that it not the case.

You're missing out on a fine helicopter!

• Aerosoft

Thanks Finn. I have been following the checklist as printed in the manual and associated documents. My problem is that the designated click spot (see my earlier post) does not recognise my mouse (left click). Nor does the Idle Release button register a mouse click (left or right). Have you encountered this problem before? Do you have any recommendations?

Regards

Simon

I just checked and the idle release seems to work as it should (left mouse click).

post-43-007270000 1296307163_thumb.jpg

The throttle setting as well (mouse wheel)

post-43-065706900 1296307155_thumb.jpg

Could it be you are looking from a strange angle to the instrument? As this is mounted on a moving element clickzomes are always a bit harder to define. In the screenshots the mouse cursor is not shown, but in both cases the mouse cursor was the hand symbol)

• Aerosoft

And is there another way to start the Huey X (to bypass the starter button) to check that everything else is working.

Forgot this Simon, sorry.

Sure there is a way. Press [shift]-[2] and click on the lower image. It's how I always start as I am more of a flyer then a systems lover. It's not a bad idea to press the upper image and pause for a second before clicking the lower image. That way you can be 100% sure all the systems are configured as they should be.

post-43-072972300 1296307356_thumb.jpg

• Please note the paint kit will be available next week
      • Note that apart from the complete checklist in the manual there are two additional checklist available in the FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Huey X folder
        HueyX_Checklist.pdf is a slightly abbreviated checklist formatted for a single page (easy to print) and easy to use on a tablet.
        HueyX_Checklist_Phone.pdf is a slightly abbreviated checklists formatted to be easy to read on a smartphone like Andriod or iPhone
        • If you see a large flaming banner in front of the cockpit it means you have not yet activated the Huey X
          post-43-032522100 1296230979_thumb.jpg
          • To activate (fully explained in the manual of course)
            post-43-092094700 1296230984_thumb.jpg
            • If you find the cockpit to be too dark (it really is that dark), switch on the white dome lights and things will look a lot brighter.
              • If you only see 2 (or 3) of the Huey's keep in mind that there are three under Military Rotorcraft and two under Rotorcraft.

[*]Problems with ASC.dll? see here: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=285517

[*]Problems with non animated controls? see here: http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=285517

[*]Want to install on more then one PC? No problem if they are all your systems. The activation works for up to three systems, after that give us a buzz and we'll sort it out for you.

[*]That whoop whoop sound you hear when you use the ready to fly... mode? It's the low rotor speed warning. As all systems initialize at the same time this will sound for a few seconds. With any problems with the state-save module, select cold and dark and then ready to fly.... That way you are sure it is all initialized correct.

I have posted my Controls file as quested with no response. I have tried to follow the link for "problems with non animated controls"" and the page will not open.

As with others I have yaw control with my foot pedals, but no response to Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick for pitch and roll.

Is this being worked on please?

Paul