Release: Huey X

You must click on the Collective "coolie hat" serveral times or keep it click on it for some time before it becomes visible.

Preferable adjust the searchlght on the ground.

Finn

This looks like a great bird, I have just bought and downloaded it.

Can't wait to get home from work to get it installed. First couple of flights will be over Iceland X as part of my work on reviewing the scenery.

Just one slight issue with the product page. The download links for the checklists needs to be amended. The link for the standard checklist points to the smartphone version, and the link for the smartphone checklist points to the english manual!

• Aerosoft

Any suggestions about what I may be doing wrong are welcome.

The searchlight is only visible from the VC. This is because it is special effect that is based on the VC visual engine. It's a limitation that simply can not be avoided. It is also not very bright, the method we use does not allow a very bright illumination. I did not explain that in the manual and I will correct that. What is special is that it lights up objects and not just the ground as the standard light from FSX do.

But it really should move, just keep the coolie hat pressed for a while. I have added two images showing the search light moved right to left.

post-43-009318100 1296561222_thumb.jpg

post-43-086994200 1296561227_thumb.jpg

The last image shows the landing light AND the search light on.

post-43-073960200 1296561543_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft

This looks like a great bird, I have just bought and downloaded it.

Can't wait to get home from work to get it installed. First couple of flights will be over Iceland X as part of my work on reviewing the scenery.

Just one slight issue with the product page. The download links for the checklists needs to be amended. The link for the standard checklist points to the smartphone version, and the link for the smartphone checklist points to the english manual!

Right you are. I'll have it sorted, thanks.

It was mentioned before but it slipped my foggy mind.

The searchlight is only visible from the VC. This is because it is special effect that is based on the VC visual engine. It's a limitation that simply can not be avoided. It is also not very bright, the method we use does not allow a very bright illumination. I did not explain that in the manual and I will correct that. What is special is that it lights up objects and not just the ground as the standard light from FSX do.

But it really should move, just keep the coolie hat pressed for a while. I have added two images showing the search light moved right to left.

post-43-009318100 1296561222_thumb.jpg

post-43-086994200 1296561227_thumb.jpg

The last image shows the landing light AND the search light on.

post-43-073960200 1296561543_thumb.jpg

Ok your shot of the landing light is what I see so I guess that answers the landing light question. It is just not very bright

Regarding the Search Light. I can get it to lower and pivot with the hat switch, I just cant get it to turn on.

This is how I understand the operation of the search light.

Light4.jpg

I am apparently missing something

Thanks for your continued patience.

(Btw I know what you are going to ask,and the answer is sorry,no I am not available to do all Aerosoft's graphic work from now on)

• Aerosoft

Ok your shot of the landing light is what I see so I guess that answers the landing light question. It is just not very bright

Regarding the Search Light. I can get it to lower and pivot with the hat switch, I just cant get it to turn on.

This is how I understand the operation of the search light.

I am apparently missing something

Thanks for your continued patience.

(Btw I know what you are going to ask,and the answer is sorry,no I am not available to do all Aerosoft's graphic work from now on)

How would you know it is changing direction if it is not on?

Wait let me do a short video for you....

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Here is a short video showing the search light in action. There is NO other helicopter available that would be able to light up the medic and the ambulance. Sorry for the shitty flying but I did this vid on my laptop and actually used the keyboard to fly. The first person to make a good video of the searchlight gets the next 3 products we do for free,

Scenery is the free Boberg demo scenery.

light demo.wmv

• Upvote 2

I understand how to move the searchlight. I can see the animation in the external view when I manipulate the hat switch.

What I am saying is when I move the switch to "SL on" as you do in the video the search light does not turn on. I see no illumination from the VC. The light mount moves but there is no illumination because it is not on.

I understand how to move the searchlight. I can see the animation in the external view when I manipulate the hat switch.

What I am saying is when I move the switch to "SL on" as you do in the video the search light does not turn on. I see no illumination from the VC. The light mount moves but there is no illumination because it is not on.

Please verify that "Advanced Animations " is checked in the FSX -> Settings -> Display menu.

Finn

Here is a short video showing the search light in action. There is NO other helicopter available that would be able to light up the medic and the ambulance. Sorry for the shitty flying but I did this vid on my laptop and actually used the keyboard to fly. The first person to make a good video of the searchlight gets the next 3 products we do for free,

Scenery is the free Boberg demo scenery.

WOW didnt actually know that you can implement that... (these touches make add ons perfectrolleyes.gif)

• Aerosoft

Mmmmm... if advanced animation is on and you still do not see it, it means there is something in your FSX that is not standard.I had the same issue with the position lights, deleted the fsx,cfg and after that all was well. Now as a rule I NEVER manually edit that file but some cheap commercial product did that without telling me and it deactivated some features of FSX because it did not work with their add-on.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Mmmmm... if advanced animation is on and you still do not see it, it means there is something in your FSX that is not standard.I had the same issue with the position lights, deleted the fsx,cfg and after that all was well. Now as a rule I NEVER manually edit that file but some cheap commercial product did that without telling me and it deactivated some features of FSX because it did not work with their add-on.

I just tried this on 5 of our machines. worked on any of them.

• Upvote 2

The search light seems to work fine on my machines, I just am not good a pilot enough to hover and control the light. Amazing how it lights up the objects though. Never seen that in FSX before.

• Aerosoft

WOW didnt actually know that you can implement that... (these touches make add ons perfectrolleyes.gif)

As far as we know there are only 3 FSX add-ons that include that. Two of those are ours. The Airbus X uses the same lights. Only big airliner I can land using the landing lights.

2010-7-19_10-39-14-106.jpg

• Aerosoft

The search light seems to work fine on my machines, I just am not good a pilot enough to hover and control the light. Amazing how it lights up the objects though. Never seen that in FSX before.

We are trying to find a way to allow users to control it with one of the coolie hats on the stick. Not easy though.

Thanks for all the responses fellows. I accept that it is something unique to my rig and since I would rarely use this feature anyway I am going to forget it. I do appreciate the great support you guys give. Great job on the Huey.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for all the responses fellows. I accept that it is something unique to my rig and since I would rarely use this feature anyway I am going to forget it. I do appreciate the great support you guys give. Great job on the Huey.

Hoho, we are not giving up so easy... Do move the FSX.cfg from it's location and let FSX make a new one (you can always move it back) and please let us know if that solves the issue.

There will always be another user with the same issue.

I found the fix for the landing light issue, (for me anyway).

I had noted a landing light line in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg file:

"light.7 = 5, 5.40, 0.00, -5.45, fx_landing"

Since you stated your landing and search lights are modeled in, I figured there is no reason for this line.

I removed it, and the landing light and search light are working properly for me now.

EDIT: BTW, love the search light too now! :D

can someone please advise how do i get to set up elevator trim in the helicopter? it looks as if i do not need a trim for the default 206, it stays more or less leveled when the joystick is centered, but with the huey the nose is way high and i need to push the js forward to level it... sorry if it's a newbe question, just started to fly helicopters

appreciate an advice