Release: Huey X

Sure there is.

The military versions are shown under Aircraft | Military Rotorcraft while the civil versions are under Aircraft | Rotorcraft. Bit uncomfortable but we did not know how to do it any other way.

THX, will check this. ;)

Just took my first night flight. What a nice lighting...

post-33946-086871600 1296321427_thumb.jp

Question though... you can change the attitude (?) of the artificial horizon. How exactly would this be used? You get to a steady cruise (90 knots and 1,5 thingies on the torque meter) and then put the horizon in the center?

Nice shot, have you enabled the search and landing lights? Try this and wow :rolleyes:

J(90 knots and 1,5 thingies on the torque meter) and then put the horizon in the center?

After Joachim answered my question about the unit of measure used in the torque meter I made a small chart to relate KP/CM2 to PSI torque.

3.5 = 50 psi

2.8 = 40 psi

2.1 = 30 psi

1.4 = 20 psi

For whoever will be doing repaints, I have a request:

Please login to display this image.

It's a good looking ship, I think the scheme would look fantastic on the Aerosoft Huey and it would be a great place to start for U.S. registered aircraft.

I could do with some help please. I had problems yesterday getting my control set up properly for the Huey and that is now all working well.

I tried switching to the Airbus X tonight after flying the Huey and my CH Pro Throtle US now only advaces the throttle fo one engine.

I do not know how to assign both engines of the Airbus to the USB throttle. Do I need to start the Airbus as soon as I have loaded FSX for this to happen, rather than switch aircraft?

Cheers

Paul

Yeah I want the paint kit of this Mathijs, there's about 4 I want to repaint. Plus it would look awesome in the Andras Aviation Club livery :lol:

Edit: Its also screaming out for an Apocalypse Now repaint ;)

Edit 2: Mathijs is the German Airfields 2 Demo an airfield included in GA2?

Are you kidding? from the cockpit it's ten times more realistic than default landing lights. I was impressed.

Not kidding, What I am seeing is the fringes of a small circle on the ground that is under the instrument panel and is of no practical use. I may be doing something wrong which is why I mention it. I have extended the landing light, lifted the switch cover and turned the switch to on. I tried the landing light tilt without any noticeable difference.

I am also able to lower the spot light but I do not see it turn on. Any hints would be appreciated.

Not kidding, What I am seeing is the fringes of a small circle on the ground that is under the instrument panel and is of no practical use. I may be doing something wrong which is why I mention it. I have extended the landing light, lifted the switch cover and turned the switch to on. I tried the landing light tilt without any noticeable difference.

I am also able to lower the spot light but I do not see it turn on. Any hints would be appreciated.

I'll second that. I had the exact same circumstance as William has described in the previous post.

We were having a Friday Night Flight on the Hovercontrol server this weekend.

A few of us were using the Huey X.

A couple of us had no visible landing lights or searchlight at all, from the VC.

We consulted the manual, and a couple of the guys who's searchlight were working walked us through the steps via TeamSpeak, just to double check that we didn't miss anything.

I have one of my joystick hats set up to move the landing lights. I also used the keyboard assignments.

But 'no joy'. No working landing or search lights.

I solved my problem by assigning a A2A/Shockwave Landing Light in the interim.

Standard FSX searchlight keypresses don´´t work.

You need to use the VC colective cooliehat for moving the searchlight.

Note that the default Bell 206 has an adjustable LANDING light.

The Huey X has a landing light AND a searchlight, thats why we didn´t succeed making the standard key presses work.

Finn

Standard FSX searchlight keypresses don´´t work.

You need to use the VC colective cooliehat for moving the searchlight.

Note that the default Bell 206 has an adjustable LANDING light.

The Huey X has a landing light AND a searchlight, thats why we didn´t succeed making the standard key presses work.

Finn

Just to be clear. I am not asking about the spot light I am asking about the landing light.

As I mentioned above, I see the fringes of a circle of light behind the instrument panel but it does not illuminate very much. I can not adjust where the landing light points

this is what I see on the ground or hovering

Light1.jpg

This is the external view from head on. Notice no illumination of the ground in external view what so ever.

light2.jpg

And a right front quarter view, again no ground illumination

light3.jpg

If others are satisfied with the lights then it must be something I am doing wrong. I extend the light, lift the cover and move the landing light switch forward to on.

The spot light is an entirely different matter. The top part of the coolie hat on the VC collective extends the landing light. moving the search light switch above the hat switch down retracts the spot light, moving it forward does not appear to do anything. At no time have I seen the spot light appear to be on.

Any suggestions about what I may be doing wrong are welcome.