Throttle fixed!! Still Fatal Error in flight

Gregory

Hi again, I reinstalled Airbus X. I got one flight in and things worked bad. Frame rate was low. Tried this morning and frame rate was great!!! But I hade no throttle. So I hooked up my Saitek X52 Pro(removed the Pro yoke and rudder) so now I have throttle!!! GREAT IT WORKS!!! Flew to Boston again and about 10 miles out I get a Fatal Error FSX is restarting. Also got a message that Smartassembly not installed. Why would I need it?

Greg Moore

I just reinstalled windows Vista 64bit. I installed FSX w/ acceleration and my add-ons. I will try a flight today and see what happens. I am using my X52 Pro for the Airbus.

Greg Moore

Hello Greg,

A search of Google would tell you what Smartassembly is.

As for the crashes what OS are you using and is it 32/64bit.

Well I flew from KLAX to KBOS and got as far as New York when I had to stop! (The basement was taking in water from the snow melt) It seemed to work fine so far. TCAS worked great, it followed the flight plan and held airspeed. I was using UT2 and REX with active weather.. Wanted to shoot the approach to see how that worked. Maybe tomorrow.

Hello Greg,

Fingers crossed it does, thats 2 I have come across who have completely cleaned there system out and then it functions as it should.

Something somewhere is not being nice to the Airbus, putting ones finger on it is the problem though.

I did a quick IFR from KFMH to KBOS and it worked fine! I entered the ILS freq for RW 33L and it picked up the localizer and the the GS. clicked the 2 AP botton and did a nice landing!!! Maybe there is hope for this sim! (still get the nose dive sometimes flying manual)

Greg Moore