Worst addon ever..

Genuine

Fdm79, thanks for your comments, however the fix for this Airbus seems to go un-noticed. The fix for PMDG 747 is my case was somewhat easier. Once you get above 18,000 feeet turn off the real downloaded weather, it seem to overload the Autopilot, it starts to over correct. I use the the weather info of my departure airport load it in under User-Defined, and set to no changes. After years of flying this way I have no concerns with PMDG 747. Notice I did not have to play with .CFG's or re-adjust my throttle settings just to fly this plane. This is not so with the Airbus-X. The common thread with the throttle issue is, if you have multitude of throttles axis's, like Go-flight or CH Throttle Quads, the more chance of problems. Bob

Well, Fdm79, don't take it too personal, sweetheart!

All I want to say is that I want to FLY it!

Buy the PMDG 747, install it and you can FLY it, without any problems at all!

COMPARING this to the Airbus X, then I (and a lot more) have problems to get it FLY! Altering CFG's etc... should not to be expected when you buy software! Installing and working! That is how it should be!

But it isn't. Causing FSX to crash at the end of a "flight" should definately not happen at all!!!

But it does.

So it needs maintenance.

That's it!

I believe you get that, don't you, honey?

• Upvote 1

To prove this, almost everybody worship PMDG 747X (Not to mention others)... I spent 55 dollars on that thing to find out that I could fly 1 hour and a half and wait for the AP to get crazy, start banking the aircraft 40 degrees, stall and crash...

I'm sorry but i fully disagree with this statement. First of, PMDG AND the weather program, you obviously have too, have made clear that this "crazy AP behaviour" comes in conjunction with the data, the weather program feeds FSX with. So, this has nothing to do with PMDG. And, respectfully, have you read anything concering your AP problem on either, the PMDG forum or the forum of the developer of the weater-program? Both have given explanations and solutions that work and as i am aware by now, the weather-program has been updated and since than, many have never experienced that problem again.

I think to state that "almost everybody worship PMDG 747X" is a purly overexaggerated untenable assertion.

But it isn't. Causing FSX to crash at the end of a "flight" should definately not happen at all!!!

But it does.

So it needs maintenance.

That's it!

This thread is over 10 days old, since a bought it and fight with it for 3 days I didn't open FSX. Airbus X was my new toy and it simply doesn't work.

I have e-mailed Aerosoft and nothing, not a word from them on their own forum! Nothing on this thread for sure.

Sorry but unless their on vacation they should have said something. A little: "Hey, we working on the problem guys" would have please me.

Nothing.... look at the tread, how many have read it and surely didn't by Airbus X.

I have money and I'm 42, I pay for my addon (legally), Aerosoft was up there on my list, n ow it's on idle mode.

Just to say that I feel you pain and I fully agree with you. Still, I don't own PMDG product. They scare me, I want simple stuff, i'm a casual simmer.

Voila

Hello Bennyboy,

As stated previously a list is being drawn up with issues people are still having and will be seriously looked into to see how things can be changed even if its just for these particular people having the issues.

Well, Fdm79, don't take it too personal, sweetheart!

All I want to say is that I want to FLY it!

Buy the PMDG 747, install it and you can FLY it, without any problems at all!

COMPARING this to the Airbus X, then I (and a lot more) have problems to get it FLY! Altering CFG's etc... should not to be expected when you buy software! Installing and working! That is how it should be!

But it does.

So it needs maintenance.

That's it!

Yes, darling, I got that....

All I have to do is to laugh now...

As I stated before, I'm not going to argue with someone that needs to appeal for "sweethearts or honey". Good luck flying the default aircrafts !

Just grow up mate, whoever you are.... I'm not gonna make my point here again, specially to you even that I agree with most things that you said but not with your provocative way to deal with the problem and with other people in this topic. Try to respect a little bit and you will get the respect back !

Conchulio, thanks for the information regarding PMDG 747... I appreciate it ! However, I never posted anything agressive in PMDG forums saying crappy things or cursing their products.

I didn't come to this topic just to defend Aerosoft... NO ! I understand that many many of you are very upset with the final results of the Add-on stability and other issues and you all have the right to complain and demand a good working product...

Actually, I came here to answer a mister "someone" provoking me.... Something that I already regreted, wasting my time...

• Upvote 1

Just an update, after I uninstalled Airbus X. I had to rebuild the FSX.cfg. But many of my other installed aircraft did not work. I un-install FSX. Then FSX would not re-install at all. The only work around was to completely re-install Win 7. I have noticed others have had to do the same. I have requested a refund, after the hell you have put me through, I don't think this is unreasonable request. Bob

Just an update, after I uninstalled Airbus X. I had to rebuild the FSX.cfg. But many of my other installed aircraft did not work. I un-install FSX. Then FSX would not re-install at all. The only work around was to completely re-install Win 7. I have noticed others have had to do the same. I have requested a refund, after the hell you have put me through, I don't think this is unreasonable request. Bob

I really don't know why this should be an issue for anyone. I've installed and un-installed the AirbusX many times during beta and since release; each install of an updated version has been preceeded by an un-install of the previous one............and I have never, ever had to mess about with the fsx.cfg, re-install FSX or much less even re-install Windows 7! This is on a PC that's about 18 months old using it's original Windows 7 and FSX install.

This product may be far from perfect, but some of the things I see written are pretty unbelievable.

After seeing this post I had another go at un-installing and had no problem at all with other add-ons or FSX in general. Then, given that a few people seem to be having problems (and because I felt like having a tidy up), I uninstalled all my add-ons, then FSX then manually cleaned out any leftovers, unplugged the X-52 and made sure there was no reference to it anywhere on the PC before shutting it down. Basically I wanted to see if I could f**k it up somehow.

Booted, installed up to date drivers for the card and then Nvidia Inspector etc. Installed FSX as per Nick's guide, plus few must haves including Lord Howe and the Huey and of course plugged in the X-52. No tweaking of anything whatsoever, no specific Saitek software, just Windows 7 plug and play. Then I installed the AirbusX.........................and it all went tits up!!!!

Not really; I had no issues at all...........so apart from tidying up, that was a waste of an evening. There's a moral to this story.............................but I'll let others figure it out.

Sorry to say this Aerosoft but this airbus everyone had issue on it I sure that your team need to rebuild this airbus SID to STAR

Hello Apoca7,

Sorry but you are now being a spokesperson for every single Airbus customer!

The vast majortiy can fly this plane from start to end without issue and only a small percentage are having issues in certain areas, issues that can be fixed a lot of the times.

As for SIDs and STARS, I really dont understand the fact that you can be a spokesperson for every Airbus Customer but cant read what Aerosoft has already stated even in development.

Paul, this dirt simple, before Airbus X all ran fine, after Airbus X, not so much. You had no problems since Beta testing, and I never got the bird away from the gate. If I knew what my system was lacking I would have fixed it myself, and shared my solution. I have tried all the solutions in this Forum and still no joy.

Shaun was kind enough to respond earlier in my computer crisis, with suggestions, but also unsure why one add-on effected so much of my Sim. The reason I had to re-install Win 7 was not directly Aerosoft problem. FSX did not un-install correctly and would not let me run FSX Setup upon re-install. A re-install of the operating system was my way of fixing this issue. My computer is just a flightsim computer, this was not a big deal compared to others who use there computer for multiple applications.

So far what I have re-installed to FSX

Aerosoft PMDG 747

Aerosoft PMDG MD11

Aerosoft Simcheck A300

Captain Sim 767/757/707/727

Flight 1 MD80 Pro

REX

FTX Northwest and Rocky Mountains

Simflyers DC9

Conflicts and concerns, zero.

I still have several other aircraft scenery and applications to re-install, but I doubt I will have concerns as I did with Airbus X. Paul,you don't know me, and I'm sure you may think that some of these posts use some embellishment of facts. However I stand behind all my posts, and concerns as being true and factual. If you find this hard to accept, then please continue to blame the victims.

Bob

The vast majortiy can fly this plane from start to end without issue and only a small percentage are having issues in certain areas, issues that can be fixed a lot of the times.

Well, in this case (only a small percentage having issues), and for those issues that CANNOT be fixed (like FSX crash after end flight), it would be nice to get a refund!!

As there are so little that have unsolvable problems, a refund for those would not to be considered a financial disaster for aerosoft!

But for me, 39.98.-euros is a lot of money if the product does crash my system every time at the end of a flight.....

Why does it matter if FSX crashes when you exit?! Not a major problem is it as you are exiting the sim any how....jeeez. Seriously people, format your pc's and reinstall and all works fine! Its nto a major headache, your pc's might be full of all sorts of crap from installing and uninstalling multiple addons and programs over the past year or so that will cause issues.

Why does it matter if FSX crashes when you exit?! Not a major problem is it as you are exiting the sim any how....jeeez. Seriously people, format your pc's and reinstall and all works fine! Its nto a major headache, your pc's might be full of all sorts of crap from installing and uninstalling multiple addons and programs over the past year or so that will cause issues.

I agree. The crash on exit is mildly annoying at worst and has no effect of the use of either FSX or the Airbus. Some people are actually having real problems.

Paul, this dirt simple, before Airbus X all ran fine, after Airbus X, not so much. You had no problems since Beta testing, and I never got the bird away from the gate. If I knew what my system was lacking I would have fixed it myself, and shared my solution. I have tried all the solutions in this Forum and still no joy.

Shaun was kind enough to respond earlier in my computer crisis, with suggestions, but also unsure why one add-on effected so much of my Sim. The reason I had to re-install Win 7 was not directly Aerosoft problem. FSX did not un-install correctly and would not let me run FSX Setup upon re-install. A re-install of the operating system was my way of fixing this issue. My computer is just a flightsim computer, this was not a big deal compared to others who use there computer for multiple applications.

So far what I have re-installed to FSX

Aerosoft PMDG 747

Aerosoft PMDG MD11

Aerosoft Simcheck A300

Captain Sim 767/757/707/727

Flight 1 MD80 Pro

REX

FTX Northwest and Rocky Mountains

Simflyers DC9

Conflicts and concerns, zero.

I still have several other aircraft scenery and applications to re-install, but I doubt I will have concerns as I did with Airbus X. Paul,you don't know me, and I'm sure you may think that some of these posts use some embellishment of facts. However I stand behind all my posts, and concerns as being true and factual. If you find this hard to accept, then please continue to blame the victims.

Bob

I really do understand your frustration Bob, but, given all the trouble you've gone to, why on earth didn't you install the Airbus first? The Airbus itself will most certainly not mess up either FSX or Windows 7. You know all the others work fine and now you're possibly back to square one!

I hope you at least made sure FSX installed anywhere but the default location?

I agree. The crash on exit is mildly annoying at worst and has no effect of the use of either FSX or the Airbus. Some people are actually having real problems.

I don't! It's been what, 2 weeks now, still tried to fly this morning, multiple FSX crash in different situation (saving, loading, landing) even one time in flight.

Load up the 777 and guess what, no problem what so ever.

Like suggested I flown the stock FSX airbus and all is fine.

You guys are TOTALLY wrong saying that re installing any software (FSX or operating system) is right and easy. I'm an average customer that bought around 8-10 Aerosoft product.

My computer is NOT only for gaming and NO I won't re-install everything because of that plane.

I'm even afraid to delete the bird, at least for now other GOOD plane like the Twin otter work flawlessly.

No reply to my e-mail sent to Aerosoft.... deceiving.

I have already forgot the 45$. for now it's lost, in the garbage.

Yea, sure, I will re-install everything on my computer for a single plane, get real!

Ben

Paul wrote: I really do understand your frustration Bob, but, given all the trouble you've gone to, why on earth didn't you install the Airbus first? The Airbus itself will most certainly not mess up either FSX or Windows 7. You know all the others work fine and now you're possibly back to square one!

Paul Airbus X screwed up my FSX to begin with, I was not going to tempt fate and load it in again. As I have mentioned before I use most of the GoFlight Modules including there throttle Quad. It my belief the quad and the Airbus X do not work. Many of the complaints about throttle concerns seem to come from people using throttle quads of some type.

I use FSUIPC/Goflight software to control all of my Axis's and buttons. I had to change all of these to attempt to fly this Bus, using the FSX Axis control, which of course did not work.

I have always loaded FSX in its defauft location, it never presented a concern. With PMDG 747 loaded Ultimate Traffic 2 at 70% and normal autogen, scenery at very dense I get an average of 24FPS at airports and very stable. Are you suggesting that Airbus X will not work because FSX is in its default location. I have not read that one yet! Bob

I don't! It's been what, 2 weeks now, still tried to fly this morning, multiple FSX crash in different situation (saving, loading, landing) even one time in flight.

Load up the 777 and guess what, no problem what so ever.

Like suggested I flown the stock FSX airbus and all is fine.

You guys are TOTALLY wrong saying that re installing any software (FSX or operating system) is right and easy. I'm an average customer that bought around 8-10 Aerosoft product.

My computer is NOT only for gaming and NO I won't re-install everything because of that plane.

I'm even afraid to delete the bird, at least for now other GOOD plane like the Twin otter work flawlessly.

No frigging reply to my e-mail sent to Aerosoft.... deceiving.

I have already forgot the 45$. for now it's lost, in the garbage.

Yea, sure, I will re-install everything on my computer for a single plane, get real!

Ben

No idea what you're ranting about; I've never ever said to anyone that they should re-install anything at all. You said "FSX crashed on exit", and I suggested that is really not a big deal...............because it actually isn't! Now you claim it crashes all over the place.

My advice.

The AirbusX obviously doesn't cause random crashes for the vast majority (the crash on exit seems to be a wider issue that even I get, but ignore that for now because it's not a big deal). What you as a user need to do, is to help Aerosoft find the cause of the crash because if it never happens to them and it never happens to any beta team member, well, there isn't anything that can be fixed is there? So you need to help. Firstly, I would find an airport at some random place that you're certain you have no add-ons for and set up a flight using the default 737 from that airport with the fair weather theme. Something simple like climb runway heading to 5,000ft, turn downwind, descend, approach etc. Fly the flight using the 737; fly again using another add-on or 2 and finally do it with the Airbus................all flights exactly the same except the aircraft.

Now, where, when etc did the crash happen? Reboot, do it again with the Airbus and again, record where, when etc the crash happens. Also let the forum know what airport you've used so that others can them also try it.

You see, Aerosoft need to try and replicate the crash before they can even consider thinking about fixing it. Whether you like it or not, the unfortunate fact is that there is something in your setup that is having an issue with the Airbus.

Paul wrote: I really do understand your frustration Bob, but, given all the trouble you've gone to, why on earth didn't you install the Airbus first? The Airbus itself will most certainly not mess up either FSX or Windows 7. You know all the others work fine and now you're possibly back to square one!

Paul Airbus X screwed up my FSX to begin with, I was not going to tempt fate and load it in again. As I have mentioned before I use most of the GoFlight Modules including there throttle Quad. It my belief the quad and the Airbus X do not work. Many of the complaints about throttle concerns seem to come from people using throttle quads of some type.

I use FSUIPC/Goflight software to control all of my Axis's and buttons. I had to change all of these to attempt to fly this Bus, using the FSX Axis control, which of course did not work.

I have always loaded FSX in its defauft location, it never presented a concern. With PMDG 747 loaded Ultimate Traffic 2 at 70% and normal autogen, scenery at very dense I get an average of 24FPS at airports and very stable. Are you suggesting that Airbus X will not work because FSX is in its default location. I have not read that one yet! Bob

Best practice is (and always has been) to install FS anywhere but the default location; nothing to do with the Airbus and if other add-ons are all working OK, you obviously have the annoying MS security settings adjusted correctly, so this won't affect the Airbus.

As you point out, the way the Airbus throttle work, continues to cause a problem for some and especially those using more than a typical stick with a built in throttle and no doubt the endless adjusting and tweaking in an attempt to get things working has caused the bigger problem.

Hopefully, they (Aerosoft) find another, less problematical, way of controlling the throttles.

Well its fixed my problems and took me 20 mins to install Window7 and about 2 hour to do FSX and all addons. Formatting is the simplest job you can do on a PC. If you arent willing to try then go ahead and keep shouting off on the forums and not being of any help to try and solve your problem.

• Upvote 1

With all due respect Shaun, from where do you know that?? I am a patient customer and have waited a long time for this product. when it was first released it worked for me quite good, then, with your updates it all became worse.

Now, visiting this particular Airbus X forum nearly every day, searching for solutions of the issues you state "can be fixed a lot of the times" i really have to ask myself, about what product or form do you talk about?

I have by now recognized, that more and more "first-posters" come to this forum, complaining about the issues you know about since release. And since release, none of the issues have been fixed ( i think i don't need to list them all, as you have a list yourself.)

The statement, that not every single Airbus X customer is posting about problems does DEFINITELY not mean that they "can fly this plane from start to end without issues".

It ONLY means, they haven't signed up on this forum. These new "first-posters" are in my opinion those people, you call "vast majority with no flying problems at all".

I can wait as long as necessary for issues to be solved, don't feel pushed but DON'T misinterprete the fact not everyone who does not state problems actually has no problems, that is very very wrong!!

Conchi

• Upvote 2

No reply to my e-mail sent to Aerosoft.... deceiving.

Ben

Hello Ben,

All e-mails that reach the shop should be answered in a timely manner, please write to me at shaunaerosoft@aol.com with the e-mail you previously sent.

Hello Conchi,

As you can see its hard to fix what is working for others, what was it that was installed previously on another customer machine that when he totally wiped it and restarted the Airbus suddenly worked.

If we knew what this factor was then its more than likely that it could be resolved quickly.

I'm not going to go over what I said before about suggestions to try etc etc.

This post is also going nowhere so its going to be locked.