Worst addon ever..

Genuine

First of all,

The joysticks are working like a keyboard. I have Saitek Flight Pro Yoke & Pedals & Panel (Auto Pilot).

I can not even control the plane. I have been playing with these joysticks since very long time. Do we need to change something to make my joysticks compatible with this?

Pedals are in the same situation.

I am not even going to mention about the Panel, it does not recognize it, and cannot use it.

Whenever I end the flight, it gives fatal error, and I have to end the process...

I want to get a refund of my money.. I paid £34 for this.. it's useless..

• Upvote 5

Yep, it's buggy, way to buggy to be release. Strangely some people look to be satisfied. I bought it Sunday, spent the whole day trying to fix the joystick issue (Saitek X-52 pro), I end it up loosing the whole day. I'm not even talking about all the FSX/computer crash. Came here for help, nothing from Aerosoft, sent e-mail, no reply.

Since then, I spent countless hours trying to fix the problem myself by reading stuff here and elsewhere. I still have the same problem.

Soon I'm gonna lose faith in Aerosoft, sadly.

bugs are understandable to a certain point, but when you can't even use the product it's inadmissible.

I'm no computer wizz and don't feel like re-programing the darn thing.

I will loose 45$ ok, they will loose a customer.

Ben

• Upvote 4

Hello Folks,

Now I am going to have to say that there is also a lot of people who have these setups working fine for them, finding out what is different on each system is the problem.

Theres a comprehensive post on the throttles at the top of this forum.

• Upvote 2

Hello Folks,

Now I am going to have to say that there is also a lot of people who have these setups working fine for them, finding out what is different on each system is the problem.

Theres a comprehensive post on the throttles at the top of this forum.

Hi, there is not that many serious flight sim joystick out there, if I look at other thread on this forum I think that overall there is 3-4 popular model/brand. Of course hard core simmer like to have the rudder pedal so that is almost a standard for passionate simmer. It should have been tested! What did the Airbus X tester use??? I would like to know!

Maybe you guys should recommend what joystick as been tested?

But in my case (because you tell me it's a case by case...) all your other addon including the B777 and the Twin Otter work perfectly.

I'm running XP with an average machine (very strong one 2 yers ago) in today standard, I don't even have FPS problem, at least obvious.

Yesterday since I had it with the Airbus X I took the Twin Otter and I had a blast for a few hours... so don't tell me my setup/machine is not right.

Later that night I made a flight between Madeira and Iziba with the B777, flawless.

So what is so different about the Airbus X, it's suppose to be FPS friendly and by definition it mean easy on the machine.

I CAN'T save and load a flight with the Airbus X????????????? FSX or computer crashes.

Please at least acknowledge that I have a problem........ I dind't find anything on the FAQ or on the forum on that particular problem! If so please redirect me.

Ben

To be fair, Shaun has tried to help me via the support email but all the standard please reinstall with admin rights things are all pretty standard (to me who is an IT Engineer) so have been tried already. Im going to do another fresh install of Windows and FSX and the addon just to rule everythign out. Im not sure on Aerosofts refund policy but if the product is working correctly for you then perhaps you should ask for a refund.

To be fair, Shaun has tried to help me via the support email but all the standard please reinstall with admin rights things are all pretty standard (to me who is an IT Engineer) so have been tried already. Im going to do another fresh install of Windows and FSX and the addon just to rule everythign out. Im not sure on Aerosofts refund policy but if the product is working correctly for you then perhaps you should ask for a refund.

Hi again, not everyone as the luxury of re-installing a fresh operating system, no way in my case, it's not a gamer only computer. I don't even feel like re-installing FSX that work perfectly apart for that product.

Hell no, with all those custom setting for every plane/scenery, i don't have the time or patience to do so right now.

There is NO refund policy of what I know, even then, they didn't even reply to my e-mail. I send it to: Support.

Like if I'm the only one with major bug... :-)

I also have requested a refund, no responce yet. I also have followed all the posts to help me get my throttles to work, all unsuccessful. Having re-install FSX or the entire operating system to use one add-on aircraft is ridiculous. Especially, when all my other add-ons work fine. If I do not hear from Aerosoft about a refund, I will contact PayPal and request a refund from them, based on the non-delivery of a working piece of software. If that fails I will contact my credit card and request the same. Bob

Please lets calm down a bit here. i understand the frustration for not having a working joystick or thrust. Simply because i had the same issue. i have the thrustmaster joystick and all i had to do to make things work properly is configure the FSUIPC. and now its all fully working. If im not wrong, this plane should have almost the same settings as the default Airbus. so test on the default airbus then compare the results with the Airbus X.

As for the pedals, I really wonder why cant we use the pedals of the aircraft every time it goes above 100ft AGL ? is it "automatic" ? yet i don't see the rudder turning when the aircraft is turning, so im forced to do a sidestep approach because the rudder cannot be controlled YET Airbus highly recommends to do a crab approach. that is proven on Airbus manuals.

Bennyboy

This is FPS friendly, if u look at the amount of detail on this aircraft and u still get a decent FPS, u should be surprised as for e.g PMDG has less detail yet is definitely NOT FPS friendly, however its more advanced.

• Upvote 1

PID,

Basic equipment for a powered aircraft. Flight Contorls with working Rudder and Throttle Control. Without those you do not have an aircraft. I purchased an advertized simulation of an Airbus. I assumed it would have working flight controls, it does not. It is unusable and based on the concerns in this forum has not worked for some, since release. I do not know the percentage of customers who have a working copy, compared to the percentage of customers with a non-working copy. Aerosoft knows this percentage, and should have warned customers about this before purchase, or pull the product until fixed, or let us download a demo copy to see if it works with our systems. None of these things were done. I will not be calm, as you say, if I have been ripped off, nor should anyone be, with a paid for plane without basic flight controls. Bob

As for the pedals, I really wonder why cant we use the pedals of the aircraft every time it goes above 100ft AGL ? is it "automatic" ? yet i don't see the rudder turning when the aircraft is turning, so im forced to do a sidestep approach because the rudder cannot be controlled YET Airbus highly recommends to do a crab approach. that is proven on Airbus manuals.

I believe you are confusing crabbing with side-slipping. Crabbing indeed is the recommended crpsswind approach technique, but you don't need rudder for that.

See: http://www.airbus.com/store/mm_repository/safety_library_items/att00007639/media_object_file_FLT_OPS-LAND-SEQ05.pdf

What did the Airbus X tester use??? I would like to know!

Maybe you guys should recommend what joystick as been tested?

I'm using a X-52. No Saitek software; no FSUIPC; just plug and play using all default settings and it's worked without an issue since the first beta.

OK, that doesn't help you, but it does mean you (and few others) have something setup differently to me.

It's seems pretty obvious that you have some major issues! Does that happen all the time?

All the time, every time I load that plane up something different happen.

I'm tired of explaining myself. Everything else (addon) work super fine.

Come ON Aerosoft, just tell me this product as BIG flaw and I wiil get out of here, I don't even need a refund.

Again, tonight, i have spent a few hours trying to fix that darn plane, nothing work, I had it.

Ben

Related to sparks, I prefer to put visual_damage=0 ... At some point I had also a crash like this with Wilco A330 after sparks were running for a while.

Setting mentioned was ok for me after.

Paul I have read through all the threads regarding Throttle issues. It seems to me it is more than a few, and who knows how many others have given up after reading these forums and not even posted. This software has a problem, there should be a fix from Aerosoft. I do thank all the people including yourself, who have offered up advice to help us with our concerns. But with this plane, for me, it just a no go. Bob

Paul I have read through all the threads regarding Throttle issues. It seems to me it is more than a few, and who knows how many others have given up after reading these forums and not even posted. This software has a problem, there should be a fix from Aerosoft. I do thank all the people including yourself, who have offered up advice to help us with our concerns. But with this plane, for me, it just a no go. Bob

I agree Bob. It must be very frustrating for users with a problem when they see somebody else using the same hardware with no issue. But, by the same token, if the developer can't replicate that problem, I'm not too sure what they can do to fix it.

The crash on exit issue is known to be related to the gps module, so I'd have thought something could have been done about that one, though if people are having a problem with things like the throttle, I don't suppose they give a hoot whether it crashes on exit or not!

I have been in contaact with Aersoft via email support and Mathjis has said that ALL probems are being looked at again seriously, please guys just hang on and we will have a wonderful Airbus. Aerosoft arent out to rip anyone off, they are a well respected publisher and have treated me very well indeed.

I have been in contaact with Aersoft via email support and Mathjis has said that ALL probems are being looked at again seriously, please guys just hang on and we will have a wonderful Airbus. Aerosoft arent out to rip anyone off, they are a well respected publisher and have treated me very well indeed.

I perfectly know that they arent there to rip people off, a simple involvement/message here would have been nice, I sent an e-mail and I never got a reply, thats easy to do.

I have NO problem waiting, like I said, a nice reply/answer from them would have been appreciated.

Maybe I did something wrong on my side??? wrongly installed? Not the right machine? not the right operating software?

I can correct/modified config file but I would like clear instruction! I'm no computer wizard. I'm afraid to modified a config file and make major mistake.

In my case, so far it doesn't seem to crash when in flight, I can't load saved Airbus X flight (it won't even load and FSX crashes), i can't swap airplane (Airbus X) wile in flight (FSX crashes), it often crash FSX after a crash (bad landing).

I don't care that much about the Joystick issue (in my case) for now. I can wait.

I don't get the Airbus (not X only) reaction on landing, I loose attitude/altitude (up/down) control over the plane if the landing is not perfect. the plane plunge down and crash and then FSX crash :-) I'm even laughing now.

Hope the PMDG guys will deliver a better product soon (737NGX)...!!

Totally agree with you all, guys! The Airbus X needs some serious maintenance!!

Yeah, all of you who believe that the Airbus X is THE best thing ever: what do "we" do wrong then that we don't get it run properly?!

Are we a victim of not being Computer experts in order to understand DDL's and CFG's and whatever...?

I just want to pay the price for this product, install it and fly.

But all I did was spending money. No flying!! I don t have the time to read hundreds of posts in order to maybe find a solution that - if you find it - only a computer pro can understand!!!

Please explain!!

Hope the PMDG guys will deliver a better product soon (737NGX)...!!

Totally agree with you all, guys! The Airbus X needs some serious maintenance!!

Yeah, all of you who believe that the Airbus X is THE best thing ever: what do "we" do wrong then that we don't get it run properly?!

Are we a victim of not being Computer experts in order to understand DDL's and CFG's and whatever...?

I just want to pay the price for this product, install it and fly.

But all I did was spending money. No flying!! I don t have the time to read hundreds of posts in order to maybe find a solution that - if you find it - only a computer pro can understand!!!

Please explain!!

First of all, there's nothing to be explained about this, petsumnets... Second, I feel sorry for you since you feel very frustrated with the bus.

I'm not here to argue with anyone about it and believe me, some people could be more lucky than others, YES. And it's also yes, you could be a victim of this too since I catch myself many times editing CFG'S in order to solve some issues. Besides, I'm not an expert...

To prove this, almost everybody worship PMDG 747X (Not to mention others)... I spent 55 dollars on that thing to find out that I could fly 1 hour and a half and wait for the AP to get crazy, start banking the aircraft 40 degrees, stall and crash...

What am I doing wrong ??? Am I stupid enough to not calculate weight an fly overloaded or maybe I have forgotten to activate LNAV ?? And I am a real pilot as many others here. Sorry for being sarcastic but it's no less than the way you asked "all who believed that Airbus X is the best thing ever " ... I never said it doesn't have bugs... I know it does ! And some of them pretty annoying by the way... But I know they will fix them and so far I could live with it.

I just think that some people are going too far complaining about it. I really understand it's very frustrating not being able to use the plane at all... But this is not the case for all costumers. I'm happy with it even knowing there's a big room for improvement.

My point has been for people complaining about the complexity level of this Add-on...

From the begining, Aerosoft said what was their goal, developing the Airbus X and even though, people came to curse this project.

Have you seen any novice simmers going to PMDG or Level-D or Captain Sim forums to curse them because their FMS's are too complex ?? Probably not. I was only posting here my opinion about the "Half Complex" Add-ons and how people shouldn't complain about it and try to accept this market too.

I really wish the best luck to all customers and to you, who paid for the aircraft and expected to have fun with it and so far has been unable to do it.

All the best regards.

• Upvote 1