Just bought Airbus X

Wynthorpe

Hello Guys,

Just bought and installed the Airbus X and it crashes FSX instantly saying something wrong with the gpsmodule.dll. Im on a totally fresh install of W7 Ultimate 64bit and fresh install of FSX and the Airbus x. Not good at all this! Seen a few people having this problem and its not a cheap piece of software.

What is the fix? if there isnt one, how do i get my money back?

Thanks

Simon

• Deputy Sheriffs

What is the fix? if there isnt one, how do i get my money back?

Simon

Hi Simon,

welcome to the forum! :D

Very good question, but difficult to answer: I'm also running FSX under Win7 64bit and never experienced this problem. So it is not a general problem, but somehow related to each individual configuration.

So here some questions:

- did you install and run with admin rights?

- where did you install FSX?

Hello,

Yes i installed with admin rights and my FSX is installed at C:/FSX (never install in programfiels (x86)as i know this causes issues. ), ive just diabled my anti virus and im currently downloading again and removing anthing i can find on my pc that is aerosoft airbus x related to try again.

Thanks

simon

If i could just change the ILS frequency i'd be happy as use Aivlasoft EFB for the route plannign and autopilot (Sid, STARS etc), but you have to set course and ILS freq etc in the MCDU............... very annoyed right now! £35 ive wasted.

Hey,

give the developers some time. They have to figure out what's going on befor they come with a solution.

Could you say when FSX crashes? Immediatly after you opened it, or after you load the airbus?

And have you already searched through the forum? There are many threads about the gpsmodule.dll . Maybe your solution is out there already...

Hello,

Been at it for a while! Tried just about everythign on every thread on the forums.

FSX crashes when loading.

Hi

check your FSX.cfg and look in the TRUSTED section.you should see a line with the GPSmodule.dll.move it to top of TRUSTED section.start FSX.if this doesn't work delete the whole line and try a reinstall .you should get a box asking you if you 'd like the GPSmodule.dll to be trusted software.Have you ever had this???if not under win7 is a section that lists untrusted software,if you find the gpsmodule.dll listed there ,delete it and reinstall the airbus x..

you might have tried all of this

steve

Hi

check your FSX.cfg and look in the TRUSTED section.you should see a line with the GPSmodule.dll.move it to top of TRUSTED section.start FSX.if this doesn't work delete the whole line and try a reinstall .you should get a box asking you if you 'd like the GPSmodule.dll to be trusted software.Have you ever had this???if not under win7 is a section that lists untrusted software,if you find the gpsmodule.dll listed there ,delete it and reinstall the airbus x..

you might have tried all of this

steve

Hi Steve,

Ive not tried moving the line further up, but have rebuilt the .cfg a few times, and yes had it saying if id like it to be trusted, then i get a grey box saying there is something wrong with it like the thread further down.

I'll try the moving further up fix though and let you know

Cheers

Simon

Hi Steve,

Ive not tried moving the line further up, but have rebuilt the .cfg a few times, and yes had it saying if id like it to be trusted, then i get a grey box saying there is something wrong with it like the thread further down.

I'll try the moving further up fix though and let you know

Cheers

Simon

Hi simon

found a thread that suggests some files like to be further up the list.i had a similar problem with the QW757 i had made a file you need untrusted and it caused a lot of sleepless nights,not for me..for the developers:-) i found the file in the untrusted section of the security bit of win7,deleted it and it installed fine.i'm using the airbus x in win7 and don't use anything else,well worth getting the problem sorted.it's going to be one of them problems where it someone will say do this and next thing ..its loaded.

stick with it simon it's worth it.

steve

Have you tryeid this:

1) De-install the product using the windows control panel.

2) check the FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder and delete any remaining folder that starts with Aerosoft Airbus

3) check the FSXMainFolder\modules folder and remove the GPSModule.dll if it still there

4) check the 1 or 2 fsx.cfg by open them and remove \GPSModule.dll and all files containing anything Airbus X

5) then open SimObjects in the same folder and delt all the Airbus X folders left.

6) restart system

7) re-instal version 1.22

8) restart system

9) ready to start fs.

just woundering why you have the problem on a re-instaled pc. By the way found that delt the fsx.cfg isent good for all users, had some problems after it regenerated. as it works best whit the first file.

Have you tryeid this:

2) check the FSXMainFolder\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder and delete any remaining folder that starts with Aerosoft Airbus

3) check the FSXMainFolder\modules folder and remove the GPSModule.dll if it still there

4) check the 1 or 2 fsx.cfg by open them and remove \GPSModule.dll and all files containing anything Airbus X

5) then open SimObjects in the same folder and delt all the Airbus X folders left.

6) restart system

8) restart system

9) ready to start fs.

just woundering why you have the problem on a re-instaled pc. By the way found that delt the fsx.cfg isent good, had some problems after it regenerated. as it works best whit the first file.

Ill try this in this order again and see what happens! Really love this plane even though cant fly it properly yet (

Thanks

Si

Hi, I'm having similar problems, I spent the whole day trying to figure out how to have my Saitek X-52 PRO with pedal work, finally, after a few hours I understood that I 'cant load the Airbus X with the rudder pedal plug in the computer. I can plug the pedal after the flight as started but that is it, every time I have tried to load a flight (if it didn't crash) It won't load with the rudder pedal plug IN.

Ok, that is fine (I guess...) Start flying... all look fine, nice plane, good FPS... change view.... computer crash, reboot, play again, save flight (landing Iziba), FSX crash. Try to load up the same flight (or other), crash, make a new flight, look ok until landing, change view wile going around... FSX crash.

Reboot, try to load save flight, no way it will load. Try to fly the 777, load old flight, no problem at all.

I understand your frustration bro. 45$ USD is some money for a deffective product. I spent the whole day trying all suggestion here and elsewhere. The bad comment I have read elsewhere seem to be true. Sadly because it look like a great product/plane but it's NOT simple to use at all. Something is wrong and I hope they fix it because I'm kind of pissed tonight after spending my only free day of the week trying to have fun, I didn't at all.

IT'S NOT MY JOB, THE CUSTOMER TO WIGGLE WITH CONFIG FILE! Toggle that and move that... nop.

I'm running Win XP with over 10 of your product, no real problem. But this one need some fixing. I'm NO computer wiz and I don't feel like playing in the config file.

I have been waiting for this product, saw the medium review and waited some more, now I bought it today thinking all should be fine. It's not.

Aerosoft team, I know you work hard so this is not a bashing post, still, what should we do now so we can some fun flying???

Ben

I have the same problem with the gpsmodule.dll problem

im runing windows 7 x64 bit

im very p***** off , bought it for 59 dollars. this is my first payware addon,

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!

Please try to solve this! GPSMODULE.DLL PROBLEM!

Have you tryeid this:

6) restart system

8) restart system

9) ready to start fs.

just woundering why you have the problem on a re-instaled pc. By the way found that delt the fsx.cfg isent good, had some problems after it regenerated. as it works best whit the first file.

Just redone all that and still the same problem when FSX starts, get the error and if press yes FSX crashes fatal error, if no then loads but cannot use the FMGC.

• 2 weeks later...

OK i did a full reformat and reinstall of everything and installed the Airbus X first and now hae no problems at all :) Superb addon (apart from not being very responsive on hand flown approach). Heres a video -

Good for you, no way I'm trying any of that, like if I have time to mess around with installation.

Now you just have to install my callout set and everything will be perfect :)

Nice video wich scenery did you use?

Thanks :) Erm... FSDT KLAS, Aerosoft US Cities Las Vegas, GEX, REX2.0.

What call outs are them LH1711? What do they change? or do they add anything?

Simon