Distracting ambient sounds

mikkel

The ambient sound at some of your airports are also possible to hear inside an aircraft cabin. Even in the cockpit of an MD-11 on short final. Not only is it unrealistic, but also very distracting. I thought the noise were coming from an error/failure in the airplane, and were preparing for a go-around, until I noticed that it was just some ambient sounds at incredible decibels.

Is it possible to remove the custom ambient sounds inside the cockpit, or at least lower it to a realistic level? A little tweak?

Best regards,

Mikkel E.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I know, the only solution is to remove it completely ot at least lower the radius within the sound will be heard (can't remember the file to edit). Got something to do with FSX itself.

I had the same problem in Gibraltar-X, but went to its utility and un-checked the box for ambient sounds immediately!

Maybe Rotterdam has a similar utility in its folder?

(I don't know, I don't have it!)

Regards,

Peter

I had the same problem in Gibraltar-X, but went to its utility and un-checked the box for ambient sounds immediately!

Maybe Rotterdam has a similar utility in its folder?

(I don't know, I don't have it!)

Regards,

Peter

Thanks, bought Gibraltar last night and noticed the sound-box. I think you are right. It's probably the same thing.

If you know which file creates the sound (it's an .fx file in the FSX/effects folder), you can edit it, adding these lines:

[Properties]

Spot=1

Tower=1

That should get rid of the sound effect in cockpit view.

If you know which file creates the sound (it's an .fx file in the FSX/effects folder), you can edit it, adding these lines:

[Properties]

Spot=1

Tower=1

That should get rid of the sound effect in cockpit view.

Thank you. If it is possible to add information that the audio file is not played in the cockpit, maybe Aerosoft should make a patch that reduces the volume inside the cockpit - either by code, or by playing a different version inside the cockpit, with added interior acoustic and a realistic volume.

Just an idea to improve the products.

Best regards,

Mikkel E.

Thank you. If it is possible to add information that the audio file is not played in the cockpit, maybe Aerosoft should make a patch that reduces the volume inside the cockpit - either by code, or by playing a different version inside the cockpit, with added interior acoustic and a realistic volume.

Just an idea to improve the products.

Best regards,

Mikkel E.

Reichert, what do you think about the idea?