Constructive Critism

ridgey

I all support HenryD. I also should write somthing, but English (or German) language limited me.

I hope that someone like HenryD write on english and expalin all bugs or mistake in Airbus X.

I will be short, the Aerosoft Airbus X isnot finished product, so Aerosoft please finnalize that product.

Forgot VNAV, SID/STAR. Fix only that what we paid.

• Aerosoft

Even if we add up your freelances or sub-contractors, you will not make the same amount of FS9/X sceneries in 2011. You know that, i know that.

Well it is not yet December, but for sure I don't 'know' that. If it should happen Aerosoft got a serious problem as we got a lot more resources scheduled for products you think will not arrive. Piracy is an issue, but you jump to all kinds of conclusions we simply do not share. We have been selling very well in 2010. We increased our staff with 7 new persons, all focused on FS productions. We know other companies find it hard to sell FS addons, but we simply do not have that problem.

• Aerosoft

I all support HenryD. I also should write somthing, but English (or German) language limited me.

I hope that someone like HenryD write on english and expalin all bugs or mistake in Airbus X.

I will be short, the Aerosoft Airbus X isnot finished product, so Aerosoft please finnalize that product.

Forgot VNAV, SID/STAR. Fix only that what we paid.

Let's keep the Airbus stuff in the Airbus forum okay?

I will make sure I get a list of open issues. But keep in mind there a project like this is never finished. With all due respect a tank temperature message does not make the project invalid.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

yes we can let the Airbus stuff in the Airbus forum!

But nobody replys to problems etc.

And what with the Advanced version?

Regards Marcel

I just made sure I will get a full list of reported issues on the Airbus in a few days.

We are not willing to give any comments on the more complex version at this moment.

Let's keep the Airbus stuff in the Airbus forum okay?

I will make sure I get a list of open issues. But keep in mind there a project like this is never finished. With all due respect a tank temperature message does not make the project invalid.

Did you read my post in the mentioned thread? I never said it makes the project invalid, but it is annoying dot. Nothing more and nothing less. I only want to know where I myself can disable that message, therefore I asked, if maybe I can alter some of these xml-files (which other users too changed in other issues) to disable this message. Sorry that this post is again related to AirbusX, but I don't like my posts misinterpreted like this.

Henry

Listen....

Release was around end of August.

Shortly after we released a couple of updates.

Last updates was:

26. September 1.20

5. Oktober 1.21

4. November 1.22

Updates are rarely released shortly after release of box version, cause retailers get pissed if newer versions are available as downloads so shortly after they got the boxes.

The Airbus is not forgotten, but I don´t want to spend my time answering the same bug reports over and over.

No one has said that we won´t do more to the Airbus X.

Fact is just that the most prominent bugs are very hard to fix.

We are still looking for solutions, but we can´t promise anything yet.

When You see the the timeline for the updates above, remember that most other addon developers (also those regarded as the most professional) has taken considerable longer time to bring updates to their products as we have done for the Airbus X.

And still note !!

The Airbus X is not unflyable.

It actually does what we promised from the start - Get You from A-B Airbusstyle !!

Finn

yep i agree to airbus for airbus forums,

Thank you so much to Mathijs, Finn, and Oli for commenting on this thread,, I hoped staff would input here, i didnt expect the openness and honesty, especcially after reply no.2 from a particular member was very negative.

A little Customer relationship goes a bloody long way, another tick next to the aerosoft box for sure,, just wish others did them same, respect

• Upvote 1

Listen....

Release was around end of August.

Shortly after we released a couple of updates.

Last updates was:

26. September 1.20

5. Oktober 1.21

4. November 1.22

Updates are rarely released shortly after release of box version, cause retailers get pissed if newer versions are available as downloads so shortly after they got the boxes.

The Airbus is not forgotten, but I don´t want to spend my time answering the same bug reports over and over.

No one has said that we won´t do more to the Airbus X.

Fact is just that the most prominent bugs are very hard to fix.

We are still looking for solutions, but we can´t promise anything yet.

When You see the the timeline for the updates above, remember that most other addon developers (also those regarded as the most professional) has taken considerable longer time to bring updates to their products as we have done for the Airbus X.

And still note !!

The Airbus X is not unflyable.

It actually does what we promised from the start - Get You from A-B Airbusstyle !!

Finn

at least it´s the first time you mentioned that you used the default microsoft FBW system although you advertise that the FBW is completley developed by you or at least the customer gets this feeling. if you fool the customers like that you could have looked closer what you copy then you would not have this bug which you can´t fix now. and for people who can´t move the throttle the airbus-x IS unflyable so don´t tell the opposite please. you sold a lot of this product and made some serious money with it as i could read here in the forum. now go and give something back to the customers. at least i see that you agree that your excuses are poor...that´s a good start.

I generally find Aerosoft support helpful, prompt and reasonably friendly.

Most products are superb, well chosen, well researched, and of a high quality (German Engineering LOL!).

However;

My personal opinion is that Airbus X has been a serious low point for Aerosoft. There is a clear and serious issue for many users, when the AP is disconnected on finals.

People are still talking about 'nosediving' (an issue in an earlier version) but my observation is that something is happening at this point of AP disconnect, which takes away all realistic and effective responsiveness from the controls. I would respectfully say that in some Airbus X support posts it seems that knowlege of FBW across some of the team is incorrect. The A3XX series aircraft simply do not fly like this on approach. I am having to make full deflections of the sidestick to get only a mild change in bank or pitch. In contrast, the real A3XX sidestick & flight controls remain sensitive and responsive in all phases of flight. In the real aircraft, a very mild pitch down occurs at 50', in order to aid the pilot in flaring the aircraft. (although it seems counter-intuitive, a mild pitch down actually provides more usable ability to flare by pulling the stick back, without risking ballooning or floating). However this is barely registerable. I'm afraid Airbus X on late finals under manual control is quite simply, miles off how this aircraft should fly.

It's a very strange issue because the manual flight handling on take-off is perfect ..... so I am not sure why something has been coded into this sim, to get involved in how the flight controls handle, during approach. (I'd guess it's to counteract an issue with autotrimming, at the point of AP disconnect).

After trying the last version of Airbus X and finding it just the same in this regard, I gave in and it is the only Aerosoft product I can ever remember uninstalling and mentally giving up on!

I have to be fair and say that graphically and audio wise, the Airbus X is stunning! Beautiful VC, Model, stunning sounds and immersion...... but just ruined by that critival manual landing phenomenon.

I genuinely found that switching off the FBW system (and thus losing all autotrim and FE protection) is the only way to have a remotely controllable plane during late finals and landing.

So Airbus X has been a big disappointment for me, but in context, the pleasure and satisfaction I get from the Aerosoft/Simcheck A300 more than makes up for the Airbus X disappointment.

Thanks, and regards,

David R