MCDU Airac validity update

Maxloading

I have updated my airac to 1101 and everything seems to be ok but the validy on the FMC still shows 23sep 20Oct. I have checked the navigraph info and it correctly shows 1101.is there another manip to update the FMGC?

I use WIn7 64.

AlainV

• 7 months later...

Well you could only manualy edit the dates to be shown in the mcdu, as my exsamples shows.

as there isent any auto update of the MCDU as the data is used from the: Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80. Els Navigraph would have to create files for the airbus X and send a modifyeid file whit it for every update 28 days.

I dont know what you mean whit GEN file ?

As i remember it is just download the file for Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 instal it and it should work acording to the manual.

(We are using the well known NAVIGRAPH database as the source instead of the very outdated FSX navigation and routes database. If you like to keep that updated you can buy the updates at Navigraph.com. The set you need is the Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80 Professional one. Of course if you just like to use the product there is no need whatsoever to update these files. If you fly online or in a VA do check with your friends there though.)

and to se what your latest data is go to: \Navigraph\NavData inside your fsx folder and find cycle_info.txt and there you can see the dates of your active version.

now i have updated the files to the latest for the MCDU and an ex of how to edit it next time. http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php/topic/39490-how-to-update-the-mcdu/page__pid__323735#entry323735

Thanks for your fast reply.

What you get from Navigraph is a Self-extracting file! In this case, for Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80. As I don't have any of this payware plane installed in mu FSX, where should I look for the files? In your explanation it says:

"so for update the MCDU to the next one 22 september (1110) just open the dokuments whit notepad"

What documents?

where did the self-extracting files go?

where should I look for them?

Thanks

Thanks

the files you downloaded in the 4 folders goes to the folders: SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_MCDU, SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 CFM\Panel\AB_MCDU, SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A321 IAE and SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE

look at the folder names CFM 320 whitch meand CFM engines and would be located in SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\Panel\AB_MCDU, here you would se the MCDU1aA320 replace it whit the file you downloaded.

do the same for the 3 otheres the same way by using the file for the right aircraft type.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

about: What you get from Navigraph is a Self-extracting file! In this case, for Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80.

yes and... just extract the file from navigraph and run the installer and it does the job...

and location where it is installed is stil. FSX folder -> Navigraph -> NavData a folder instaled together whit Airbus X as i remember..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

And the dokuments to be update in next month is the 4 files i uploaded as the curent version as it tels what the MCDU show as the active.

(MCDU1aA321 and MCDU1aA320 that came in the 4 folders should be updatet right) thats what you should edit.

thats it as you then just buy the next version from Navigraph and it installs it as you just did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It isent that hard as it might sound.

Summary:

1.- AirbusX MCDU share the same DATA extracted from Navigraph -> Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80, LOCATED in FSX\Navigraph\Navdata.

2.- In order the MCDU display correctly the AIRAC Cycle DATE, we must edit the "MCDU1aA320" and "MCDU1aA321" files for each AirbusX model.

Is this right?

1.- AirbusX MCDU share the same DATA extracted from Navigraph -> Cheyenne/Fokker/Mustang/Super 80, LOCATED in FSX\Navigraph\Navdata.

yes cycle_info.txt indicate the latest version you have, and is the folder where navigraph instals it to: FSX\Navigraph\Navdata

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.- In order the MCDU display correctly the AIRAC Cycle DATE, we must edit the "MCDU1aA320" and "MCDU1aA321" files for each AirbusX model.

yep thats corect only by manualy edit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make it a bit easyer i was tryeing to create an installer for the lates version. but had some problems to let you chose the fsx folder and then like i see in othere installers auto find the locations to install. I mean normaly you select your FSX folder then the installer is programed to install to the given folders as they are the same. it is only the direction of the FSX folder we have to tell it. but lets se as i never created an installer before