If you fly RealAir's Duke

maddz 737

Shouldn't be a problem, as aerosoft is selling Realair's Duke in the their shop ;)

That was the conclusion i came to.Im well aware of the rules here, and done my research before posting,by searching the shop.

Appologies if im wrong :unsure:

There are few - very few - developers for whom I am prepared to lay down the cash, sight unseen. RealAir are one of them.

Contentious to say I know, but I still think the piston Duke has the edge over any other piston twin by any other developer. Milviz ran close with the 310R, the Flight 1/Virtavia BN-2 is enjoyable in its own way, and A2A has yet to market an Accusimmed twin. But the Carenado products are just cack in flight fidelity by comparison, lacking whatever the `X` Factor is that RA (and a few others possess).

Given that, the Turbine Duke is a `must have` in my hangar, even before release. And I don't say that very often... in fact, most of the rest are previewed in these very forums!

• Upvote 2

There are few - very few - developers for whom I am prepared to lay down the cash, sight unseen. RealAir are one of them.

Contentious to say I know, but I still think the piston Duke has the edge over any other piston twin by any other developer. Milviz ran close with the 310R, the Flight 1/Virtavia BN-2 is enjoyable in its own way, and A2A has yet to market an Accusimmed twin. But the Carenado products are just cack in flight fidelity by comparison, lacking whatever the `X` Factor is that RA (and a few others possess).

Given that, the Turbine Duke is a `must have` in my hangar, even before release. And I don't say that very often... in fact, most of the rest are previewed in these very forums!

+1

Love everything RealAir have done, and Rob has such a talent in coding FDE that just feels absolutely 'right'. I also agree that whilst Carenado's offerings are beautiful in terms of rendering, I hate their flight dynamics. Just just not convincing, and to a degree they all feel like they fly the same!

• 3 weeks later...

Simon's words sum up my feelings exactly...

The Duke they have done is beautiful work, I love using it around OrbX scenery in particular. The turbine version makes a few of those shorter fields now that little more accessible...

Looking forward to seeing this one out, and as Simon, I will not hesitate with this one...

I loved the 3D integration of the RealityXP Garmins as well, made a great model and simulation that much better.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Could you help out the less-experienced (e.g. me! ) by outlining which other developers would be in or near the RealAir quality ballpark and which would be best avoided? I'm too trigger-happy with my purchases as it is, so a reason to be more discerning would be nice.

In addition to the RealAir piston Duke, I have a number of aircraft from Carenado (152, 172, 182, M20J, PA-28, PA-32, PA-34), Just Flight (152, PA-28, PA-34, Mosquito) , A2A (Cub, Spitfire), FSD (Navajo, PA-32, PA-34) and of course Aerosoft (Beaver and Twin Otter).

That's a lot of Carenado planes, and I do like them but I'd probably be more picky in future if they really turned out to be just style over substance.

Holdit

[...]

You're absolutely right. And I've just taken the Turbine Duke out for its first rides. Awesome as expected. I think they've hit the nail with the turboprop right on the top (as far as I can say in comparison to other addons, only flown piston in real life hands on once). Getting the Duke up in the air with a VS of 4000 is quite remarkable. But watch the oil temperature ;)

Cheers

Thorsten