RC flying stuff

Congratz Mathijs! :lol:

I completely wrecked my fusion 2 weeks ago...

Hard impact with the sand, when flying on the beach here in Ostend. Not the first time. Actually, it was the 4th time the nose was destroyed.

No use trying to repair it again... everytime I do it flies worse and worse lol...

The plane did a good job, not only did I learn to fly with it, I also learned how to repair RC aircraft with it lol!

There was a time when I crashed once about every 2 flights. Then I wanted more of a thrill, resulting in crashing in every flight, twice lol :lol:

That's why I love foam aircraft: you CAN crash them a lot, and even if broken, they're repaired in 15 minutes or less...

So, all I have left now are a bunch of components,

and no money to buy a new airplane :unsure:

I see an Align T-Rex there! I fly the 250SE, myself, pretty amazing little thing, stable yet agile, and no problems with the components so far....

Is that at Paderborn? I´d bring my heli there if there will be some heli flying at the conference! Just a few miles from here anyway. Usually fly that heli indoor, we meet at a gym in Lemgo every other saturday, for 3 hours. Didn´t wreck anything with R/C helis so far, but I start to manage flying with the heli doing what I want it to do!

During summer I fly a 55" Ultimate biplane with a Laser 100 four stroke engine, currently training to do straight and low knife edges... Got to restore a 145" ASW 20, but that´s a longer project, getting the old covering of it, fixing some places, repainting the fuselage.... Not exactly ARF.

It is a great hobby, not too cheap to begin with, and it can be pretty frustrating, but there are those nice moments that are just worth it!

post-6031-090612200 1297890419_thumb.jpg

post-6031-040362500 1297890516_thumb.jpg

The 250 is so sweeet! :D Wanna have one as well. Mine is a 600ESP. Not really an indoor chopper and neighbours don't like it due to its "noise" :D

That 250 is sweet...

I fly the Blade MSR, 120, SR and 400

I also have the E-sky CPCX (400 size) and my favorite indoor chopper is my Walkera Flybarless DQ01...

On the AC side I have a 1470mm P51 with Electric Retracts, a 1490mm B25 Dual Engine Bomber with Electric Retracts, a 70MM F-18 EDF Jet, a 64mm EDF Jet, an 800mm P-51 and a 40 inch wingspan Cessna with working Flaps... (I have been housebound for over 6 weeks with a new hip and the RC stuff has been keeping my busy!)

Here are some of my assembly vids, today and tomorrow are our first "flight" days in New Jersey, no snow, no wind and supposed to be almost 60F degrees!!! Yay! The 64 mm EDF, 800mm P-51 and Cessna all go up tomorrow!

and some more of the P-51, only allowed to upload one media file...

And I am uploading a vid of the entire toy room with everything hanging now, will be a few minutes...

-P

Thanks Matt! Great day of flying today! Only lost one chopper and that was the SR which I wasn't a big fan of to begin with... :lol:

Come on J, I would love to see it!!

The newspaper clip is from the British War Museum in London, very cool place... Pretty fascinating to read what the news was on that particular day and a headline I never tire of seeing when I go in/out of that room :D

Thanks again guys! We are going to videotape the flights tomorrow so I should have some inflight vids by the weekend...

Cheers,

-Paul

When we´re talking about videos, here is a short video I just compiled about my Ultimate, had it pretty new back than, aerobatics were not really precise...

Anyway, here it is:

Well, got to find out how to post it, somehow it doesn´t seem to work... Well

Nice to see one flying still on 35MHZ :-)

I have one as well :D

Small Extra260

Great vids guys!!! Wow, that hand launch was awesome, can't get over how much throw that Extra has!!

I am taking out a 72Mhz today if that counts :)

-P

• 4 months later...

Last Time I flew RC I got 19 Stitches and still got the scars to prove it :)

Hi Shaun It's an age old saying in real world and RC Mods Stay behind the prop

Cheers

Aah, RC flying. I still remember the time when I forgot to turn on the receiver on my ASW-22 before the winch launch and it went straight through the roof of a bus garage beside the airport. :blush:

Tought me 2 things:

Pre-flight checks are there for a reason and asbestos roofing tiles are no match for a model plain nose that is filled solid with lead :P

Aah, RC flying. I still remember the time when I forgot to turn on the receiver on my ASW-22 before the winch launch and it went straight through the roof of a bus garage beside the airport. :blush:

Tought me 2 things:

Pre-flight checks are there for a reason and asbestos roofing tiles are no match for a model plain nose that is filled solid with lead :P

Been there, done that. Had a light glider on a rope, lit it go only to find out I forgot to connect the battery to the reciever, but mine flew pretty well, was quite a long walk to get there, but luckily I found it!

• 2 months later...

Last Time I flew RC I got 19 Stitches and still got the scars to prove it smile.gif

Shaun, The reason I have missed being here for the last 7 years was I was heavily into RC flying. After U-Control and free flight when I was a kid, the new electric motors, 2.4 Ghz Transmitters/rcvrs and lipo batteries are malking the hobby much easier.

You mentioned stitches, as safety officer for our club, I had to report the AMA and other groups why one of our slightly fumble fingered members lost 2 1/2 fingers on his left hand while trying to adjust a needle valve on a Saito 82. it can happen.

I am glad to be back on line with Aerosoft and simming again.

GB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi do fly those,

I have one Wot 4 from Chriss Foss, 1 Ultimate biplane (167cm), 1 Ultimate biplane(50cc), one aerostar trainer and one Sebart Wind 110E.

Does anyone participate in F3A championchips??