RC flying stuff

• Aerosoft

Question....

Late in 2010 I decided to pick up a childhood hobby, RC controlled stuff. Working on a helicopter now with help from a lot of people who I formally only knew as flightsimmers. But it makes a lot of sense as the hobbies are so connected. So let me ask, are there a lot of Aerosoft customers who also fly models? Perhaps we should get together at the next Aerosoft conference and fly RC while others fly virtual?

here is my soon to crash helicopter:

1.jpg

I did have a scratch built 1:6ish scale F82G Twin Mustang. It had a 6' wing span and crashed on its 3rd flight. Its all in pieces still at my parents house. Maybe one day I'll get the time to rebuild it and the balls to fly it again lol.

I did have a scratch built 1:6ish scale F82G Twin Mustang. It had a 6' wing span and crashed on its 3rd flight. Its all in pieces still at my parents house. Maybe one day I'll get the time to rebuild it and the balls to fly it again lol.

You know those are those stories that fo like: One of the best planes built, the power of it was soul and beauty-it made takeoffs and landings but on its 3rd one it had a disaster.... Maybe one day the plane will takeoff on its mighty flight and reaproove its spirit.....biggrin.gif

But this topic isnt about that so sorry...

I just fly the pre fabbed RTF planes. some are ok, and quite durable and easy to fly. I would like to get into the more serious ones, but i dont have the money or the space really. if your just starting i recommend the RTF (ready to fly) versions, as they have all you need included, and are relatively cheap. the nicer ones cost about the same, except you spend much more money on buying your own equipment, as it only comes with the airframe kit. I've never done choppers before but it looks like you got right in there and built it yourself!

heres a website that sells some good RC flying stuff for the more serious hobbyist (IMO) http://www.e-fliterc.com/

good luck nd have fun with the hobby!

I have a few to share.Currently hanging off the cieling :

4 RC heli's : ''735 Set'', Esky belt CP V1 carbon edition, Twister CP V2, and a Esky big lama

2 RC planes Cessna 182 and a Decathlon

And 1 for when the weather is bad ( 99% of the time in the uk )

ThunderTiger MTA4

Nitro powered,2 speed gearbox+reverse,Supercharged. ;)

post-34383-003708200 1295606335_thumb.jp

post-34383-042394000 1295606350_thumb.jp

post-34383-093047300 1295606362_thumb.jp

post-34383-005164700 1295606371_thumb.jp

post-34383-023081100 1295606389_thumb.jp

post-34383-093924100 1295606400_thumb.jp

post-34383-073769200 1295606415_thumb.jp

I fly a Parkfun Fusion... really great to learn to fly, easy to fix after yet another crash (can't count them anymore lol)

I filled it up with LED's so I can also fly at night...

And put on another prop, which delivers way more power (yet still not much for an RC plane)

already had great fun with it,

although I'm now looking for a nice replacement for it, a little more advanced... actually, already know what I want, just need the money lol

20100530rtf1.jpg

• Aerosoft

I have a few to share.Currently hanging off the cieling :

4 RC heli's : ''735 Set'', Esky belt CP V1 carbon edition, Twister CP V2, and a Esky big lama

2 RC planes Cessna 182 and a Decathlon

And 1 for when the weather is bad ( 99% of the time in the uk )

ThunderTiger MTA4

Nitro powered,2 speed gearbox+reverse,Supercharged. ;)

You do know there is a RC pilot flying at Andras Field right? All animated etc

• Aerosoft

It's these projects that make it so cheap to get into the hobby these days. Ebay is your friend.

It's these projects that make it so cheap to get into the hobby these days. Ebay is your friend.

Ebay was my friend to sell off the engines and RC gear when I was payingh a mortgage. Regrettable, but unavoidable at the time.

What I might do is just build it back up and keep it as a huge static model. Of course time being the real issue. If I could remove the need for sleep I might actually be able to fit it in :wacko:

You do know there is a RC pilot flying at Andras Field right? All animated etc

Really? Ive never seen him,but i cant have my graphics to high at andras field,probably why.

Also Mathijs, you may find this to be very handy during your biuld.

RC Heli Setup

And a copy of RealFlightG4 ;) ...makes it all a hell of a lot easier.

Ahhh don't need. I got Joachim (the guy behind many of our aircraft projects (Huey etc) who will crash it the first time.

:lol: fair enough..jsut hope you set the head up right for its maiden flight ;) you'll soon know if its not (within a few seconds of spinning it up) :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Mathijs chopper flew!

I visited the Aerosoft office today and met Mathijs.

After a short inspection I was pretty sure that his chopper was able to fly.

We tried it later, and it actually flew. I fact not very well due to heavy vibrations and shaking but it flew :-)

Good job on assembling it, Mathijs!

Next steps will be replacing the ESC and the gyro because they are pure crap and ballancing the rotor blades. Then practise practise practise in Aerofly and do the first solo flights :-)

I will load up some photos later

Joachim

i got my bravo sx one week ago and i really love it! just search on ebay or google for "bravo sx" from "nine eagles"

it's perfect for start flying rc-helis cause it's small enough for your living room or office, it's not too expensive (ca. 100Euro), you have full 4-axis to control and it is very tough that it will resist even hard touch downs!

i bought a c182 from hype last year, but at my first flight it was too wind, so i lost control on take off. now i have to spend a lot of money to fix it :-S