MCDU "0."

Alan Do

Hi guys and girls,

I have this problem with the MCDU when i go to type something into the scratchpad i see a "0." i cannot delete it (aerosoft airbus x v1.22)

can someone pelase help me or edit my dll.xml

thanks

pleae note that i have read other MCDU 0. problems on this forum but i tried it and ot still has the 0. i have reinstalled airbus x v1.22

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello James,

Have you checked your dll.xml file to make sure that the GPS Module entry has been made.

I have v1.22 that worked correctly for a month or so, but I had a conflict between the Wilco 737PIC and all PDMG add-ons. PMDG restructured the DLL.XML file to correct the problem caused by Wilco. Now the AirbusX has the '0.' that is frozen in the scratchpad. I downloaded the above DLL.XML and replaced my existing file with that download . No Joy. Still have the same problem with the AirbusX but PMDGs work. I cannot clear the 0., just a click sound.

Any ideas? What and how would I see if the GPS Module entry has been made as Shaun suggested. If yes, then what? If no, then what?

Airbusx is grounded until fixed.

Thanks.

Ray

• Deputy Sheriffs

I downloaded the above DLL.XML and replaced my existing file with that download .

This was your first mistake! Each dll.xml file is individual for each system.

But very interesting to see that a PMDG product is the reason that your Airbus doesn't work anymore. Maybe the reason for many other problems.

But normally if another tool makes changes to the dll.xml it makes a copy of that file.

Anyway, to see if your file contains the necessary entries, check it for the following lines:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>GPS Module</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

But when you just copied Alan Do's file to your system you might have messed up your installation.

Hello Ray,

Which PMDG aircraft was it and do you know exactly what changes they made to your dll.xml or did they tell you what they had altered.

As it worked before and it was altered it may be handy to know exactly what was changed.

Hello Ray,

Which PMDG aircraft was it and do you know exactly what changes they made to your dll.xml or did they tell you what they had altered.

As it worked before and it was altered it may be handy to know exactly what was changed.

It was the 747-400 and MD-11.

There is something at the PMDG support site that explains that the WilcoPIC add-on do not use proper technique when adding to the DLL.XML file - something to do with structure. That screws the file up for all the other folks including PMDG. They just offer the service of properly structuring your DLL.XML file for all users.

I have a DLL.XML file that is named "Prior to AirbusX installation" Maybe I can start there.

Update - This is from the Knowledge Base at PMDG concerning the dll.xml troubleshooting.

"Several addons (most notably several by Wilco/FeelThere) corrupt the FSX dll.xml file, which can render inoperative any addon that relies on dlls loaded from it, including the PMDG 747-400 and MD-11. Numerous attempts at getting these developers to fix this issue have gone unanswered. This article explains the source of the problems and how to fix it yourself. If you're a PMDG customer and are not comfortable trying this yourself, simply send us a copy of your dll.xml file in a support ticket and we'll fix it for you."

When looking at the actual dll.xml I see the GPS Module section is present as the last entry. Now what? But, I don't find any reference to AirbusX.

thanks. Ray

I took an older dll.xml file and added the GPS Module section. Still did not fix the 0. problem. rats.

Everything about the AirbusX installation appears normal except this nagging MCDU glitch. I sure hope I can avoid a total reinstall. Help.

Ray

DLL.xml

Hello Ray,

Do you have a program that will allow you to edit the dll.xml right down to the basics. So no entries are in it, then copy and paste the GPS module entry into it and then check it.

Remember to save the original to a safe place first.

Hello Ray,

Do you have a program that will allow you to edit the dll.xml right down to the basics. So no entries are in it, then copy and paste the GPS module entry into it and then check it.

Remember to save the original to a safe place first.

I can do that with notepad, can't I? I'll try and see. Thanks.

OK, I made an only GPS Module enty dll.xml and did the FSX Load Cessna/Switch to AirbusX Cold and Dark Start. Absolutely no improvement - still have the stuck 0. and can not make an entry or CLR. Rats.

My min dll.xlm file is attached. for review. Any Suggestions?

Ray

dll.xml

I can do that with notepad, can't I? I'll try and see. Thanks.

OK, I made an only GPS Module enty dll.xml and did the FSX Load Cessna/Switch to AirbusX Cold and Dark Start. Absolutely no improvement - still have the stuck 0. and can not make an entry or CLR. Rats.

My min dll.xlm file is attached. for review. Any Suggestions?

Ray

Still dead in the water. Grounded until fixed.

Ray

Still dead in the water. Grounded until fixed.

Ray

OK, UNCLE. I give up. I don't think this one can be fixed at this rate.

I'm ready for an UNINSTALL of the AirbusX and a total REINSTALL. Any cautions or concerns? I have the v1.22 update downloaded but will start with the CD then upgrade? Sound like a plan?

Ray

OK, UNCLE. I give up. I don't think this one can be fixed at this rate.

I'm ready for an UNINSTALL of the AirbusX and a total REINSTALL. Any cautions or concerns? I have the v1.22 update downloaded but will start with the CD then upgrade? Sound like a plan?

Ray

An Uninstall and reinstall from the Cd with a follow up upgrade to the v1.22 download did the trick for me. Took about 30 minutes. I should have just bit the bullet and did this two weeks ago and saved all the time and frustration. If you have a problem like this one my recommendaion is to just cut your loses and do a new install.

Ray

Hello Ray,

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Thanks Shaun, all is fine now, except for the blinking ID and FREQ in the lower left corner of the Secondary (Right) Flight Display. Wish we could get that fixed.

Ray

Thanks Shaun, all is fine now, except for the blinking ID and FREQ in the lower left corner of the Secondary (Right) Flight Display. Wish we could get that fixed.

Ray

Hello Ray,

I think I saw a post about that issue and someone saying it could be a graphical setting on the card.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I just fell into this mess after installing the Wilco Feel there E-jets. I have reainstalle the Airbus V1.22 and still have the problem. How did you finally fix this by just a reinstall. I have not messed with my xml file and dont know how to or where to. Any help????

Interesting, :)

I usually don't have this problem but I have seen it also once on the MCDU, when FSX was paused. In normal flying I never seen it.

• 2 months later...

Hello Ray,

I think I saw a post about that issue and someone saying it could be a graphical setting on the card.

Shaun I know how to fix this problem. I had the issue come up after I installed the ERJ Jets and no matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstalled the Airbus X, it didnt fix the problem but I found something

in the dll.xml file that was the root of the evil. If your interested let me know. Mine is working now and no other problems of any kind.

Hi guys I just fell into this mess after installing the Wilco Feel there E-jets. I have reainstalle the Airbus V1.22 and still have the problem. How did you finally fix this by just a reinstall. I have not messed with my xml file and dont know how to or where to. Any help????

Contact me on Skype or here. I can help you. I know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.

Marc Anthony Storm

Marc Anthony Gonzalez

Archived