seahawk and jayhawk mad as a hornet

bonedaddy

Frustrating as the devil to have to jump through so many hoops to get help with a model I paid good money for. I just purchased the Aerosoft Jayhawk / Seahawk helo set and I have tried everything to get it to work. It came with an update which wouldn't work until I cut off my virus scan. I finally did get that to work but all the gauges in the chopper won't work. I have a very extensive system, with incredible frame rates so I know this isn't the problem. Amd Quad 4 black box 3.4 gz with 16gbs ram and Ati radeon 5870 graphics card and 3 1TB hard drives and a 150 veleciraptor hard drive for FSX alone. with windows 64 bit ultimate. So I don't think thats the problem. The guages in the helo won't work and the update didn't fix the problem. Is there another update? I'm not spending 20.00 for a phone call from the US to Germany to talk to these guys and they want me to either have yahoo or Gmail to send them an email, i don't want another email account. I've never heard of a company making so many demands on the customer to get anything done. Man I'm mad.................... If anyone can help me figure out what to do. I tried the support thing but the Helo set isn't listed in that. It's almost as if they are saying we don't support it anymore. And of course Sim Pilot Shop won't do anything except say contact the company. Sorry for the rant guy's Thanks. Bonedaddy

Hello;

I have the Seahawk/Jayhawk installed on a 64 bit,windows 7 system,Fsx Acc.,installed on the D-drive,I have had no problems with the helicopter,there are a couple of up dates you need to get,and I think you have to manually place some folders in one of them,just make sure that you have either Sdk sp1a,or SDK2 installed,depending on the version of Fsx you have installed,if not,you will not be able to use the shipyard tool,Its a great sim to fly .

Mark

Frustrating as the devil to have to jump through so many hoops to get help with a model I paid good money for. I just purchased the Aerosoft Jayhawk / Seahawk helo set and I have tried everything to get it to work. It came with an update which wouldn't work until I cut off my virus scan. I finally did get that to work but all the gauges in the chopper won't work. I have a very extensive system, with incredible frame rates so I know this isn't the problem. Amd Quad 4 black box 3.4 gz with 16gbs ram and Ati radeon 5870 graphics card and 3 1TB hard drives and a 150 veleciraptor hard drive for FSX alone. with windows 64 bit ultimate. So I don't think thats the problem. The guages in the helo won't work and the update didn't fix the problem. Is there another update? I'm not spending 20.00 for a phone call from the US to Germany to talk to these guys and they want me to either have yahoo or Gmail to send them an email, i don't want another email account. I've never heard of a company making so many demands on the customer to get anything done. Man I'm mad.................... If anyone can help me figure out what to do. I tried the support thing but the Helo set isn't listed in that. It's almost as if they are saying we don't support it anymore. And of course Sim Pilot Shop won't do anything except say contact the company. Sorry for the rant guy's Thanks. Bonedaddy

You KNOW the system isn't the problem? Congrats, you know more than us.

So, don't keep it a secret: How do you KNOW this and how do you expect us to KNOW this? Do you have full Admin rights? Have you disabled UAC? Did you install FSX into the non-default folder? Installed the UIAutomatincore.dll fix?

The fact that you didn't realise your anti-virus needed to be off suggests the problem is not with the operating system, but the operator and their system. To eliminate the Man:Machine interface please detail the steps of FSX installation.

You could also detail the `everything` you have tried to get it to work. Did you sacrifice a firstborn? Throw the computer out a second storey window? Did you try turning it off and on again? Then you haven't tried EVERYTHING and we need to know what you have tried, including hopefully reading the instructions.

No-one asked you to spend 20 bucks on a phone call. Nowhere in the support does it demand you do such a thing. The fact that you didn't know this suggests that the para above contains advice you haven't followed...

You get support right here, same as everyone else. Or send a private mail. But first give us the information. We are not mindreaders. (Well, Spud is, but he knew I was going to tell you that.... :D

Remember:

41ZqfB83XgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Upvote 1

First of all thanks Wingnut for the information, but could you tell me where to find the updates? I tried running the support page through the install program, but it doesn't even list the Jayhawk/Seahawk as one of the choices for support. That's really the problem not being able to find the updates for it.

Now Snave I realize that I came to this forum mad about the product, but didn't really expect to be belittled about my knowledge of my system. I'll give it to you that I don't know all there is to know about FSX but how dumb can a person be in not knowing how to run a installer package the plane came in. The installer had two parts The plane and one update. I have full admin rights. And I have their F-16 and the F-16 missions already loaded with no problems whatsoever. Yes I read the instructions, but they have very little to do with installation and nothing of the updates. It mainly has to do with the flight of the bird.It was put in the right folders and the helo runs, but the gauges and VC operations do not function. If there is a UIAutomatincore.dll fix where would it be? Remember this came to me in an installer package so the items were not broken down to see. I believe I got an old program form the Pilot Sim shop and there are other updates that weren't included. After purchase I read the comments about the plane and others have had the same problem. One even said he had to have 2 updates before it worked. Now where can I find these updates for the Jay hawk. I have my FSX with acceleration gold located in my system x86 program files under Microsoft games and this is where the installer was routed. The update wouldn't work because of the virus scan so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the works with the virus scan off. The update went through this time as well, but the helo still has no working gauges and a long red streak in the fuel section of the gauges. I tried as I said to contact support about it through the installers support menu, but the Jay hawk is not listed. I'm wondering if this is an old model that Aerosoft no longer supports and if Pilot Sim shop doesn't care what they sell. Most companies don't make you jump through hoops to get the answers you need like this one does.ve never heard of you having to have one of two email accounts to contact customer support directly, either I have yahoo or G mail. Neither of which I have so that would mean creating another account just to contact them. There is no such thing as product support anymore, you are shuffled to support forums that are manned with customers like myself to help each other. I mean why would they want to have to answer a simple question themselves when they have the public to do it for them. Not to mention having to join every forum you buy products from just to get a simple problem fixed. I have better things to do with my time then to have to track down information. Kind of takes the fun out of Flight simulation if you spend your time looking for help. So even though I came on here mad, which is probably what you would have been in my shoes there's no reason to belittle me and call me spud just because you have been in this forum for years and are tired of newbe questions.. Wouldn't like it if I called you a ------ as the Britts say, would you? Don't worry if someone would please direst me to the proper updates, you won't see me on the forum again.

First of all thanks Wingnut for the information, but could you tell me where to find the updates? I tried running the support page through the install program, but it doesn't even list the Jayhawk/Seahawk as one of the choices for support. That's really the problem not being able to find the updates for it.

Now Snave I realize that I came to this forum mad about the product, but didn't really expect to be belittled about my knowledge of my system. I'll give it to you that I don't know all there is to know about FSX but how dumb can a person be in not knowing how to run a installer package the plane came in. The installer had two parts The plane and one update. I have full admin rights. And I have their F-16 and the F-16 missions already loaded with no problems whatsoever. Yes I read the instructions, but they have very little to do with installation and nothing of the updates. It mainly has to do with the flight of the bird.It was put in the right folders and the helo runs, but the gauges and VC operations do not function. If there is a UIAutomatincore.dll fix where would it be? Remember this came to me in an installer package so the items were not broken down to see. I believe I got an old program form the Pilot Sim shop and there are other updates that weren't included. After purchase I read the comments about the plane and others have had the same problem. One even said he had to have 2 updates before it worked. Now where can I find these updates for the Jay hawk. I have my FSX with acceleration gold located in my system x86 program files under Microsoft games and this is where the installer was routed. The update wouldn't work because of the virus scan so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the works with the virus scan off. The update went through this time as well, but the helo still has no working gauges and a long red streak in the fuel section of the gauges. I tried as I said to contact support about it through the installers support menu, but the Jay hawk is not listed. I'm wondering if this is an old model that Aerosoft no longer supports and if Pilot Sim shop doesn't care what they sell. Most companies don't make you jump through hoops to get the answers you need like this one does.ve never heard of you having to have one of two email accounts to contact customer support directly, either I have yahoo or G mail. Neither of which I have so that would mean creating another account just to contact them. There is no such thing as product support anymore, you are shuffled to support forums that are manned with customers like myself to help each other. I mean why would they want to have to answer a simple question themselves when they have the public to do it for them. Not to mention having to join every forum you buy products from just to get a simple problem fixed. I have better things to do with my time then to have to track down information. Kind of takes the fun out of Flight simulation if you spend your time looking for help. So even though I came on here mad, which is probably what you would have been in my shoes there's no reason to belittle me and call me spud just because you have been in this forum for years and are tired of newbe questions.. Wouldn't like it if I called you a no no no as the Britts say, would you? Don't worry if someone would please direst me to the proper updates, you won't see me on the forum again.

Remember I'm a player, not a programmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember I'm a player, not a programmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how you could dare to state that your computer was not the problem then? Truthfully then, you don't have a clule what the problem is? Why you couldn't simply have stated as such from the outset I really have no idea?

In all this meandering and misguided mutterings you still have not provided a reply to the steps of the installation and what you have tried. We don't ask these questions for the sake of them, but in order to provide you with effective assistance. If you've blundered, as you probably have, then there is simply no way to tell you how or where, unless you come clean and can be more specific and detailed.

Do you actually want assistance? Or just a rant..?

Another error: Spud is a valued member of this forum, not an insult aimed at you. If I were to insult you, you would be in no doubt...

And sorry to disappoint, but extensive knowledge of computers is a prerequisite for getting the best out of Flight Simulator. I don't agree that it should be, but it is.

Get used to it, wise up - or find another hobby. ;)

EVERY technical question will require a certain level of `computer savvy` to be able to troubleshoot successfully. And at the end of the day the only person who is `hands on` with your computer is YOU, not us. We can waste our time giving you answers, but unless you KNOW how to implement them it's not just our time that's being wasted. If you are not computer savvy please pay for a professional. Then its your money and not our time that is wasted. <_<

Now, can you effectively describe the problem, and what you have tried..? :angry:

Frustrating as the devil to have to jump through so many hoops to get help with a model I paid good money for.

So did I so, what hoops are you attempting to jump through?

I just purchased the Aerosoft Jayhawk / Seahawk helo set and I have tried everything to get it to work. It came with an update which wouldn't work until I cut off my virus scan.

Well, I have a virus scanner and firewall running 24/7 and never had to turn them off.

I finally did get that to work but all the gauges in the chopper won't work.

Then unfortunately you have not read the manual and cycled through with the "A" key. You are obviously attempting to fly it with a whacking great RED BAR down the left hand side of the main display (don't have my manual to hand for the name but that is the cause) no excuse!

The guages in the helo won't work and the update didn't fix the problem. Is there another update?

They do if you carry out the basics. Read the manual. It's a documented well known fact that this cannot be fixed. Been discuses here often enough.

I'm not spending 20.00 for a phone call from the US to Germany to talk to these guys/i don't want another email account.

Why make a phone call when there's over 25,000 folk here that could well help if asked in the right way or with enough information to assist. What's up with the one you registered with??

I've never heard of a company making so many demands on the customer to get anything done. Man I'm mad....................

Looks like your on your lonesome then mate.... Never heard that one before.

If anyone can help me figure out what to do. I tried the support thing but the Helo set isn't listed in that. It's almost as if they are saying we don't support it anymore. And of course Sim Pilot Shop won't do anything except say contact the company. Sorry for the rant guy's Thanks. Bonedaddy

The only response I have to that is A. Read the fora. B. Ask a specific question and preferably in the correct manor.

On an end note I have had this bird since it was released for FSX eons ago and LOVE it..

Shaun, Yes I did and the gauges are working except for the hoist control which it says in the manual won't work in FSX. Something I bought the chopper for to begin with. I thought it would have a mission or two like the F-16 did, so you could rescue folks from a ship like in the video on it's selling points. Oh well. Shaun and Wing nut I would like to Thank you for your help and kindness.

And to the rest that are just plain rude to a newbe, you won't have to worry this account is being deleted after this message. I may be 50 years old, and not be totally up to date in the computer world, but it doesn't give you the right to belittle me for my lack of knowledge of FSX or Aerosoft products. I suggest to you from now own if you don't have the answer to someones questions, and just want to berate someone go look in a mirror. Don't try to be a horses arse to them just because they didn't word their question to suit your technical needs. I did the best I could explaining it. If you thought it was going to be a waste of your time , why answer me to begin with. After all some folks here got what I was saying and helped me fix the problem, what does that say for your technical prowess? I'm sure you too have been frustrated with a piece of software in your life as well and ranted about it.. I have over 100 planes in my FSX and never once had a problem figuring them out, this was a first, for me. I even have the Capt sim C-130 and the vertical simulations f18 superbug. They both have pretty extensive manuals, 300 pages on the F18, and I haven't had a minutes problem with them. I'm surprised anyone will come back to this site if everyone gets treatment like this.

Thank you again for those who tried to help, I do appreciate it. Bonedaddy

I had the same problem with the virus scan. I just purchased this yesterday, and the zip came with 2 files. First was the main file (Seahawk&JayhawkX_V210.exe) and that went fine. Second was the update to 211 (AS_SEAHAWK-JAYHAWK_UPD_211.exe) which trips McAfee with a specific Trojan along with its name. Im sorry but I dont remember the name off the top of my head. I'll have to go back and do it again to write it down.

I'm not installing the update at this time but will want to try again later. Is no one else having this problem?

The sim runs fine otherwise. It looks like a great product.

Thanks!

I don't know how you could dare to state that your computer was not the problem then? Truthfully then, you don't have a clule what the problem is? Why you couldn't simply have stated as such from the outset I really have no idea?

In all this meandering and misguided mutterings you still have not provided a reply to the steps of the installation and what you have tried. We don't ask these questions for the sake of them, but in order to provide you with effective assistance. If you've blundered, as you probably have, then there is simply no way to tell you how or where, unless you come clean and can be more specific and detailed.

Do you actually want assistance? Or just a rant..?

Another error: Spud is a valued member of this forum, not an insult aimed at you. If I were to insult you, you would be in no doubt...

And sorry to disappoint, but extensive knowledge of computers is a prerequisite for getting the best out of Flight Simulator. I don't agree that it should be, but it is.

Get used to it, wise up - or find another hobby. ;)

EVERY technical question will require a certain level of `computer savvy` to be able to troubleshoot successfully. And at the end of the day the only person who is `hands on` with your computer is YOU, not us. We can waste our time giving you answers, but unless you KNOW how to implement them it's not just our time that's being wasted. If you are not computer savvy please pay for a professional. Then its your money and not our time that is wasted. <_<

Now, can you effectively describe the problem, and what you have tried..? :angry:

Cricket, Football, Golf, Sailing, Stamp Collecting, Gardening, A Library, A Theater, Karaoke, Ball Room Dancing... Surely there has to be something to do there.

(Sorry for calling you Shirley)

• Upvote 1