Airbus Rudder

stevehow

Hi

can someone tell me if the Airbus's rudder should move once it's in the air.it's moving when i taxi on the ground or airbus is parked at a gate.i use chpro rudders and have checked them out and they are working well.

i cannot sideslip at all on approach because rudders do not move.this is happening on both the A320 and A321.

thanks

steve

airbus x 1.22

fsx acceleration

Hi

can someone tell me if the Airbus's rudder should move once it's in the air.it's moving when i taxi on the ground or airbus is parked at a gate.i use chpro rudders and have checked them out and they are working well.

i cannot sideslip at all on approach because rudders do not move.this is happening on both the A320 and A321.

thanks

steve

airbus x 1.22

fsx acceleration

seems that the airbus rudder doesn't move after 100ft..something to do with the FBW.seems with 40 views noone is sure,this info comes from the airbus website.

steve

Thank you for posting this. I once thought in posting this "problem" too but i thought i was the only one with that problem. i wish i knew whats wrong, It's not normal for the rudder to disable itself after 100ft AGL.

I wanted to test my crosswinds skills and to successfully land the plane a pilot must use the rudder. and this is extremely recommended from Airbus (as there documents say).

Can there be an answer to this issue? Am I missing something on here?

Im using a joystick that can be turned sideways. it works with every other plane when flying.

Wilson

You could turn off the 3 switches in the overhead FLT CTL. Basically this makes the Airbus fly like a Boeing (no FBW). That the rudder does not work is only half correct- the FBW logic (of Aerosoft) uses autorudder but does not allow manual rudder application above 100ft.

BTW: You don't sideslip in a crosswind approach, you crab. Looks basically the same, but are totally different things.

HI

your spot on mat,it's crabbing not sideslip,as to the rudder disabling over 100ft,is it not possible to leave it enabled say up to 1000ft.or is this something the developers are going to fix later.it's obviously a complex issue because to fix it they would have to Break the FBW and then Repair it.having travelled on a few airbus's i know they do Crab on approach.

just to add to this,i love this aircraft and it's the only one i use in fsx,even if it's not sorted i would still use it all the time.

steve:-)

aerosoft

airbus x

nice x

stuttgart x

innsbruck x

madiera x